ivankiss

Police Brutality!

62 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@jimwell This is not really a thread about music... But music is a great way to express things. And SOAD does a great job when it comes to social/political criticism. I figured I let their music speak, instead of me ranting about shit.

But while we're at it... what I enjoy most nowadays, musically speaking... is jazz, prog, fusion, soul, r&b and even classical and opera... I like mellow stuff, too. Nice melody and interesting rhythm.

But I still rock out from time to time... I like it rough, too ? Much rougher than SOAD, even ?

Cool. I noticed around 7 years ago  that SOAD embeds political messages to their songs. I was surprised. So now, I'm not surprised you started this thread.

About police brutality, I think the George Floyd incident was unjustified because he was handcuffed while lying on his stomach. He was no longer a threat.

But the Rayshard Brooks inicdent was justified. The officers did the correct thing. Brooks resisted, stole the taser gun, and pointed it at the officer. That was a stupid, dangerous thing to do. The policeman had the right to protect himself. Some people say it was just a taser gun, not a real gun. But a taser gun is also a dangerous weapon, and the malicious act itself, is criminal and unacceptable. If Brooks had the opportunity to steal a real gun, he would have done so. Some people say Brooks did not feel safe being arrested by the policemen, so he did that. That's not an excuse. The same rule applies, the officers needed to protect themselves from a direct threat.  Brooks would have been safer not resisting and taking risks than doing what he did. But he was drunk? That's not an excuse either.

But those incidents don't shock me. They are mild compared to police brutality in my home country. It's common for policemen in my home country to arrest a suspected criminal, bring him to the police station, then chop his body into pieces so they can easily throw them into a river. I have also heard a few instances when the police brought businessmen to the police station, extorted money from them, then strangled them to death so the police could hide the crime.

When I'm in my home country which is a "3rd world" country, I am always vigilant. I see the police as a threat so I avoid them.

Going back to music, if you have an interesting song (any genre) you want to share, send me a message. I'll do the same. ?

Here's another powerful song for you.

29 minutes ago, jimwell said:

Limp Bizkit seems stage red to me.  Specifically, the song "Break Stuff" and the Woodstock 99 stuff.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

26 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Limp Bizkit seems stage red to me.  Specifically, the song "Break Stuff" and the Woodstock 99 stuff.

It is. And stage Red is very powerful. If you want great, rapid change, utilize stage Red. Look at what the coronavirus has done to the world. The coronavirus is the epitome of stage Red. It has broken all conventions and rules of commerce, health, business, education, social etiquette, politics, etc. It even caused enormous human suffering and death, all for its own self-interest. It simply wants to eat human meat. The coronavirus dwarfs Trump and Duterte combined, and will eventually dwarf Hitler.   

A stage Yellow human with strong stage Green and Red aspects is not a devil, but an archangel. That is what humans should aspire to be before becoming Turquoise. 

29 minutes ago, jimwell said:

It is. And stage Red is very powerful. If you want great, rapid change, utilize stage Red. Look at what the coronavirus has done to the world. The coronavirus is the epitome of stage Red. It has broken all conventions and rules of commerce, health, business, education, social etiquette, politics, etc. It even caused enormous human suffering and death, all for its own self-interest. It simply wants to eat human meat. The coronavirus dwarfs Trump and Duterte combined, and will eventually dwarf Hitler.   

A stage Yellow human with strong stage Green and Red aspects is not a devil, but an archangel. That is what humans should aspire to be before becoming Turquoise. 

yes kill that stupid bacteria!!!!!

did someone already write a song about that?

ah yes it was a virus - did someone say that already?

Edited by remember

33 minutes ago, remember said:

yes kill that stupid bacteria!!!!!

did someone already write a song about that?

ah yes it was a virus - did someone say that already?

The coronavirus is not stupid. Its survival strategy is very smart.

But yes, there is already a song about it. ?

@jimwell Gotcha. 

Not a big Limp Bizkit fan. I find most of their stuff quite cringy. But I do enjoy some songs. The one you shared is one of those. Thanks ? 

Regarding the Brooks incident... To be honest, I did not dive into it that much. What I know I know from people posting about it all over Facebook lol. So I can't say I have formed a strong opinion. I choose not to fill my mind with stuff like that too much, if that makes any sense. And yeah, it's not like it's the first or the last time. And there surely are even greater monstrosities being done " behind the scenes ", all the time. Still sickening tho. I lived in a third world country for a year and a half. Heard some stories. Seen some stuff. So I feel ya. I was also born and raised in Serbia (ex Yugoslavia), and there's plenty of insane stuff happening on a daily basis there, too. Serbian police can be straight on savage. Not to mention the criminals... crazy country lol. Serbian history is filled with war, murder, rape and disgrace.

So yeah... Thank God for Metal music haha!

I realize it might not be the "highest form" of conscious art - sure. But it's hella good at expressing all the pain and agony one might be going through or witnessing.

Here's something a bit more ear friendly, yet it still hits the nail flawlessly;

Art doing it's job.

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss

I know Serbia. And I have read an article about "Serbia Strong" so I feel you. And Tijana Boskovic is from Serbia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tijana_Bošković#/media/File:2016-12-14_Tijana_Boskovic_by_Sandro_Halank.jpg

Don't tell me most Serbian woman are as beautiful as her. ?

Anyway, since I was a kid, I have been curios about Serbia. But I guess the name was Serbia and Montenegro. I want to visit the country in the future. I'll be vigilant. Thanks for the information.

I don't know the band, A Perfect Circle. To be honest, I don't understand the message of the song.

But I see the truth of what you said below. 

37 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

So yeah... Thank God for Metal music haha!

I realize it's not the "highest form" of conscious art, sure. But it's hella good at expressing all the pain and agony one might be going through or witnessing.

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

That's some Hitler mentality right there ?

Okay, but when I smear some feces on a canvas and call it a painting, I expect you to defend me ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ivankiss

23 hours ago, ivankiss said:

This song kinda sums up my thoughts and feelings about the topic;

Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality
Of plastic existence! 

I've listened to many genres of music, including heavy metal, and this group I do like how they handled the flow of the instruments and the vocals, very unusual rhythm. It takes a strong, musically matured ear to listen to that, so I'm not surprised if most people here will struggle through it lol!

On 6/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, jimwell said:

Don't tell me most Serbian woman are as beautiful as her. ?

Oh they are beautiful, alright ? Smart, too! ...As are all women ?

However; Tijana is a bit too...khm...large for my personal tastes ? Would not dare to reject tho ? 

There is plenty of beauty and love in Serbia, too. Generally; people are very warm, kind and outgoing. Lots of cultural richness, too. But yeah, be careful. The devil never rests.

APC is in it's own league. Maynard - the lead vocalist - is quite an enigmatic guy. Very conscious and smart tho. Definitely worth checking out. His other bands as well; Tool and Puscifer. 

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Okay, but when I smear some feces on a canvas and call it a painting, I expect you to defend me ;)

Touché! ?

22 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

It takes a strong, musically matured ear to listen to that, so I'm not surprised if most people here will struggle through it lol!

I'm not surprised either. But that won't stop me from emphasizing just how awesome they are ?

@AtheisticNonduality One of my personal favorites;

TOOL is GOD. And sex.

Edited by ivankiss

1 hour ago, Depersonilized said:

Tool

Ewww...

Cool interview.

Edited by ivankiss

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ewww...

This song by Swans is pretty cool.

Lyrics reference God and universal mind and love, and the rhythm has a trippy sinister feel about it 

“Pink little lamb, on a granite slab
Black chasm creeping, forever leaking
Oh universe, sing in reverse
Oh sucking lung, we'll never come
Forever loving! Forever waiting!
Oh yeah! 
Oh yeah!
The universal mind!

Eye full of sun, hand full of mud
Oh universe: you stink of love!
Forever lazy, forever crazy
Forever holy, forever hungry
Forever hateful, forever beautiful
Forever needing, forever reaching
Forever stinking, forever breathing
Forever growing, forever leaving”

@Leo Gura I offer you Dying Fetus - Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog as a smooth transition into the heavier stuff. If you don't like this one then heavy music just isn't for you I guess.

Kill your mother and rape your dog!
Fuck these corporations and their fucking record stores,
I don't want my fucking paycheck feeding money whores
These bastards flood the market with their fabricated shit,
And laugh as this pathetic fucking music gets them rich...
Stay the fuck, right out of my life,
I don't need your, fucking advice,
You don't know what, our shit is all about,
So don't even try to figure it out,
Fuck your spice girls and your fucking pearl jam,
Its all a bunch a shit, I say, fuck it,
Fuck your dave matthews and your fucking rem,
You god damned bitch, fucking clueless
Kill your mother and rape your dog!

WTF do you guys listen to??