PetarKa

Stage Orange Has Hijacked "The Placebo Effect"

7 posts in this topic

An excerpt from my insight journal:

"The Placebo Effect" is terribly misunderstood and carries a lot of limiting baggage with it. It's astounding how Stage Orange abuses the term. Much important subtlety and profundity is simply stripped away - what you're left with is a toy version of the original..."

Explanation: Most people today think of the placebo effect as "an illusion" people do using their psyche, like a mental "trick". I've come to the insight that this is not a mere "trick / illusion". Your mind creates a new reality which can be seen through your subjectivity. Your subjectivity is not "an illusion". Your subjectivity is your truth.

When you begin to appreciate this, you can go deeper with this phenomenon. You will in some cases be able to influence "the real stuff". The placebo will go further.

Thoughts?

Placebo is strong and can be used to heal the body. Placebo means faith healing. The opposite damaging effect is nocebo.

Great insights! 

Yes very true

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Materialism is a placebo effect.

Oh the irony! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

for materialism to be a placebo people would need to understand it first.

On 15.6.2020 at 11:22 PM, PetarKa said:

When you begin to appreciate this, you can go deeper with this phenomenon. You will in some cases be able to influence "the real stuff". The placebo will go further.

there is no placebo - there is only what you believe, truth is beyond that. you can’t say the king is green and the king becomes green that’s red thinking. trying to elevate someone stuck in toxic red into blue by placebo good luck with that. there even is no kitten, leo just wants to get a hold of these silicon titts and it’s annoying. all of that is placebo to distract yourself from what will happen to this forum as more and more people from instagram and facebook come here - good luck with that! now that’s placebo :P

Edited by remember

The placebo effect has always baffled me tbh. Sometimes, it makes me wonder if we'll even notice a difference if all medicines and supplements have been replaced with sugar pills without anyone noticing.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

Materialism is a placebo effect.

THIS!!!!!!!!!! im screaming