Mind of a beast

About tears in eyes

15 posts in this topic

After I found my purpose ( transcending , transforming people and raising their consciousness) and deciding my domain of mastery (philosophy) ,  I didn't cry.

I am hard of hearing.

As I envisioned myself helping deaf people , I had tears in my eyes.

Does this mean I should pursue helping deaf people or pursue dermatology ( which I find neutral ) ?

I've been pondering a lot of the same stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of the answers will come from yourself.I did a full day of mostly meditation with a bit of contemplation and I found it helpful. I would suggest trying to do a retreat or something that gets you away from your electronics and such and really think about what you would like. I am starting to get closer and closer with what I want. 

Being something you have struggled with I imagine, then I am sure you could make a compelling purpose from it. Don't settle for neutral. Keep searching and exploring. It might even just come unexpectedly while you are doing something. Not necessarily what you will just plan out. 

What about philosophy coaching for deaf people? 

I haven't heard of anyone (pun intended) innovating in that direction

What are the activities that make you wonder and cry just by visualizing yourself doing? 

What are the results you want to see yourself creating? 

Connect to Create ☼♡

20 hours ago, Mind of a beast said:

After I found my purpose ( transcending , transforming people and raising their consciousness) and deciding my domain of mastery (philosophy) ,  I didn't cry.

I am hard of hearing.

As I envisioned myself helping deaf people , I had tears in my eyes.

Does this mean I should pursue helping deaf people or pursue dermatology ( which I find neutral ) ?

Been there, seen that. If you're like most people, philosophy will not be your final destination. If you've watched Actualized.org and Leo for some time, chances are they started growing onto you. You have undergone a sort of self-transference: you think you must care about philosophy and deep thinking, otherwise your life will be dull and shallow and not in the image of an actualized person. Examine whether that's a possible cause and report back to me. 

I've created an Ikigai Worksheet you can download and use too. You can find it here, along with my own filled example.

Also, please answer some of my questions: In what way do you imagine helping deaf people? What are their greatest struggles? Do you feel pity for them? At what thoughts or visions do you cry? Can you connect more with your tears, and sort of look behind the curtain?

20 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Unfortunately, a lot of the answers will come from yourself.

Also don't take lightly what @Average Investor said. If you're feeling neutral about philosophy, it isn't it. I'll give you a valuable insight too. It's the case of mine. I started seeking what I love four years ago back in 2017. The search felt very authentic and intuitive at the time. What began as "top 10 facts about black holes" ended up at Actualized.org where I settled for a few years. I learned a lot. But I was quite vulnerable at the time; having not a mind filled with various ideology and barely sprouting adulthood traits of thinking, I was prone to adopting what wasn't mine. Learning about the big picture at a young age is a double-edged sword. 

Leo is a charismatic chimp and he speaks with great endeavor. You start to adopt his ways of thinking. You start telling yourself that philosophy is your area of mastery, when in fact it's not. And it isn't anybody's fault, neither Leo's nor yours. That's just how you operate, desperately trying to appoint your own meaning. So ask yourself: Is philosophy really my domain of mastery? Or am I not interested in it at all? 

Trying to be honest with yourself may take months or years until you finally admit the truth. I personally found out that I don't give a fuck about philosophy. It seemed really deep and attractive from the outside, but was it really? Or was it just a construct of a bunch of apes who have no idea what's going on? What I'm truly interested in - as I found out - is seeking the truth directly. Philosophy was a means to an end, but not the passion itself.

@Oliver Saavedra

8 hours ago, Oliver Saavedra said:

What are the activities that make you wonder and cry just by visualizing yourself doing? 

What are the results you want to see yourself creating? 

I want to lift deaf people up by helping them achieve their full potential. If I visualised that I helped them by giving cochlear implants , hearing aids , taught them self love then I cry.

Along with world class philosophy books , I want to create / join international organisation which helps deaf people.

@SirVladimir  Wow, thanks for helping me out.

I don't feel neutral about Philosophy. I feel neutral about dermatology.

I have just discovered that the philosophy as my domain of mastery. (18/5/20)

I love mental gymnastics , constructing arguments , creating a structure that philosophy brings. I get in the flow due to thinking.

Now coming to Deaf issue , I want to help deaf people fulfill their potential.

I want to increase their self worth through self love and eliminate discrimination they face.

I cry when I imagine children hearing first time in their lives and also getting learning material for education.

I don't pity them. I feel compassion for them.

I want to lift deaf people up and help them live equally with hearing people.

@Mind of a beast I have found a lot of luck looking into kriya yoga techniques. I highly recommend doing some research and finding techniques that best suit you. Well worth the time and worth buying a book or two on too. 

42 minutes ago, Mind of a beast said:

@SirVladimir  Wow, thanks for helping me out.

I don't feel neutral about Philosophy. I feel neutral about dermatology.

I have just discovered that the philosophy as my domain of mastery. (18/5/20)

I love mental gymnastics , constructing arguments , creating a structure that philosophy brings. I get in the flow due to thinking.

Now coming to Deaf issue , I want to help deaf people fulfill their potential.

I want to increase their self worth through self love and eliminate discrimination they face.

I cry when I imagine children hearing first time in their lives and also getting learning material for education.

I don't pity them. I feel compassion for them.

I want to lift deaf people up and help them live equally with hearing people.

No problem, I'm here to listen to you. 

Dermatology is definitely off the list if you feel neutral about it. I understand where you are coming from because I feel compassion towards the weaker, oppressed or traumatized too. In fact, when you download and open my example worksheet, you may find some very specific similarities - notice especially the MISSION and WHAT I LOVE sections. Take inspiration if needed, but don't adopt it if it's not true to you.

Example_Worksheet.pdf

From what I read, I would say you have a strong drive for equality across society. You want every voice to be heard and not judged. I've seen this video quite a few times, almost always cried: 

If I'm right about you, it will raise a similar wave of emotion in you. Though he is colorblind and not deaf, the heart of the cause is the same. Look how he smiles at first, astonished, trying to hold it back. But quickly then, his ego gives up under the tremendous amount of love he experiences, it breaks and cracks open. 

Start thinking about "philosophy" and "helping deaf people" in terms of one another. How are they related? How could they be related? You could create a new subject or field out of the two. It's easy to forget about self-constructed borders, i.e. thinking about "philosophy" and "deaf peeps" as two separate fields inside your head. Like having a little chamber for each one and a big wall in-between. 

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir  Yes, this worksheet is  a good example of how to find your purpose.

My problem with that is I can't overlap circles properly hence missing the answer.

I want to write books like Nietzsche and Kant. This is separate from deaf people cause. Although I can see your point of combining these two, I really don't see how.

15 minutes ago, Mind of a beast said:

My problem with that is I can't overlap circles properly hence missing the answer.

I want to write books like Nietzsche and Kant. This is separate from deaf people cause. Although I can see your point of combining these two, I really don't see how.

Never forget you can change that. :x If you don't see how right now, just set the goal that you will. Think of it - what did Nietzsche and Kant do? They overlapped existing circles. It's a change of perspective. You have a love for being like Nietzsche and Kant, and you have a love for helping deaf people. In what greater love can these two be unified? You have a love for ___________________.

Again, I'm merely an online avatar evaluating the information given by another online avatar. I can't really see into you. I've given some advice in the Ikigai thread, but the most important part is here: Let it be natural. Whatever purpose you are seeking you already are. You're not seeking a purpose of somebody else, of some future you. Whatever you seek is buried within you.

@SirVladimir  After contemplating for some time, I have come up with this :

I have a love for becoming a superhuman ( hard of hearing and greatest philosopher )

Last four sentences of your post were pure gold. 

maybe not! 

having empathy towards something, doesn't mean that you could do it with full attention and personal will.

if you love doing it so peruse it, nobody lives in your body except you and you're the closest to that heart. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"