upstream

Youtuber w/ 2.5M followers did aya, now doing 40 day fast to help ppl wake up.

187 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

I don’t think you see the problem here. One who is consumed by materialism and hedonism is not pursuing spirituality.

Actually it's definitely possible, some mainstream enlightened masters are notorious for their material wealth (think Osho)

At a certain level of mastery, the difference between hedonism vs asceticism dissolves.

The "problem," as I see it (and I think you'll agree) is that total newbies or intermediates will pretend that they have overcome this duality and that they are already masters.

It's Love.

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@JacobsrwAt least I can it more than you. 

You can do everything with consciousness, so even eating meat and enjoy life can therefore very spiritual. Think about it

Another fact is, that not all your acting must be spiritual, lol

Man, why so much hostility? 

What you do is your business. If you unable to see the delusions of the ego then this discussion will not help. You will continue to attack, project, defend and blame. Look inward rather than outward in this matter.

Anything you do to glorify the self is a illusion. Being must take precedence in spirituality, otherwise all you are pursuing is the delusions of mind. Hence, why spiritual ego is such a relentless deception nowadays.

Edited by Jacobsrw

9 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Actually it's definitely possible, some mainstream enlightened masters are notorious for their material wealth (think Osho)

At a certain level of mastery, the difference between hedonism vs asceticism dissolves.

The "problem," as I see it (and I think you'll agree) is that total newbies or intermediates will pretend that they have overcome this duality and that they are already masters.

That’s still arguable. Osho is a case of real rarity. An ordinary being does not simply discard the functions they have been indoctrinated with their entire life.

People grant them self way too much pride. Ego attaches to anything it can. That just happens to be anything that maintains a dualistic notion. Materialism and hedonism are central deceptions to such attachments.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw so what do you have to say for the arguments I gave you? 

I would be fine if this lost guy connor fakes the video, it just doesnt sound plausible at all to do this and I gave reasons for this. If you would stop projecting your ego delusions on me and instead respond to my arguments this woud maybe turn in a valuable discussion

Edited by OBEler

@Jacobsrw What ego? 

There ain't no such thing. 

Ego=beleif that's what it is. 

What's actual=God/Love

"enlightened master" also beleif not actual. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

7 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

That’s still arguable. Osho is a case of real rarity. An ordinary being does not simply discard the functions they have been indoctrinated with their entire life.

People grant them self way too much pride. Ego attaches to anything it can. That just happens to be anything that maintains a dualistic notion. Materialism and hedonism are central deceptions to such attachments.

Yes, for sure. I was just noting that it IS a possibility. Never say never, ya know?

But you're right, spiritual dabblers will show their colors sooner or later. Everyone (myself included) believes themselves to be serious, amazing to watch :D

It's Love.

20 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Jacobsrw so what do you have to say for the arguments I gave you? 

I would be fine if this lost guy connor fakes the video, it just doesnt sound plausible at all to do this and I gave reasons for this. If you would stop projecting your ego delusions on me and instead respond to my arguments this woud maybe turn in a valuable discussion

I did respond. Refer to my last comment. Your simplistic assessment assumes one can operate under materialism and hedonism while equally pursuing spirituality. It’s not doable. They tangentially conflict.

Both maintain and superimpose the self from which one becomes puppeteered and deluded. It’s basic human psychology which you seem to lack the foresight to see, in all due respect.

If you can’t see this then you will one day experience it, that’s for certain.

18 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Jacobsrw What ego? 

There ain't no such thing. 

Ego=beleif that's what it is. 

What's actual=God/Love

"enlightened master" also beleif not actual. 

Exatly. What do you think 95% humans are presently doing? Believing in such a delusional belief. The have veiled the essence of themes elves with the essence of mind and believe the self to be the operator of their existence. This is delusion.

Edited by Jacobsrw

8 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Yes, for sure. I was just noting that it IS a possibility. Never say never, ya know?

But you're right, spiritual dabblers will show their colors sooner or later. Everyone (myself included) believes themselves to be serious, amazing to watch :D

True and fair point. But ultimately the attachment to every dualistic notion must collapse. That was my point I was attempting to Spain to the other gentleman who seemed to not understand. One cannot be consumed by duality and pursue non duality it’s incongruous. This just becomes another deception of the ego-mind.

Good point. Self deception is the king deception ;)

@Jacobsrw 

So if i unterstood you right, materialism and hedonism cannot go hand in hand with spiritual growth because it reinforces the self. So here is something to think about young boy:

Connor had this spiritual growth preciesly because he had this materialism and hedonism too much. He even said in his last videos that this was the main reason he went into depression because this hedonism did not make him happy. So he was in a desperate situation, he had everything materialistic thing possible and he realized this will not make him happy at all, which gave him the spiritual growth he has right now.

You see, hedonism and materalism can make you a very spiritual person in the end. The more he was invested in hedonism, the more it was clear how hollow this is and parallel his pursuing in spirituality awakened more and more 

Edited by OBEler

@Jacobsrw You are the Source. You are creating this. Don't run away from accountability. You ain't no victim. 

Ok now time for me to bitch about. Defining Reality as God/Love. I don't want to mindfuck myself or to feel this anymore. Want my ❤️ out, here take it and if there is some God damn chance of shutting this thing off. I can't live my life anymore because of it. Started to hate it and I nver sweared as much in my life as I do now. Please help for God's sake. 

Not funny at all. My words create Reality destroying myself with this. How to shut it off no idea boyo, no idea. How to forget also no idea. Destroyed my life, literally destroyed it. Bloody hell. 

If I start killi g people will end up in jail and in sollitary confiment and once again will awaken. Doesn't matter what course of action you take you always end up lije this. There is no God damn escape. How to escape it? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

41 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Jacobsrw 

So if i unterstood you right, materialism and hedonism cannot go hand in hand with spiritual growth because it reinforces the self. So here is something to think about young boy:

Connor had this spiritual growth preciesly because he had this materialism and hedonism too much. He even said in his last videos that this was the main reason he went into depression because this hedonism did not make him happy. So he was in a desperate situation, he had everything materialistic thing possible and he realized this will not make him happy at all, which gave him the spiritual growth he has right now.

You see, hedonism and materalism can make you a very spiritual person in the end. The more he was invested in hedonism, the more it was clear how hollow this is and parallel his pursuing in spirituality awakened more and more 

Again, you have made a gross assumption. The only reason he claims to have “awoken” beyond the self is because of a single ayahuasca experience. Not a gradual spiritual development. You’ve under assessed his situation.

Sure, one can see the delusions of self through having it suffer, however, this does not ensure spiritual growth. One either needs ungodly amounts of receptivity or a psychedelic. He had the psychedelic. Don’t grant him a vip because he attained some intermittent insight through no development of his own.

Also, you’ve made a false equivalency. Spiritual growth is not inherent in materialism and hedonism. It is in the realisation than no dualistic path that imposes the self will grant it - which transcends both of these delusional paradigms. Most who purse hedonism and materialism are extremely deluded not spiritually inclined.

This is stage orange on the spiral. I fail to see the strength in your point yet again.

Anywho, this discussion has met its inflection point. You seem far too consumed by the functions of behaviour in others than your own. Your ego reactions are extremely volatile and reject anything in opposition to them. I will invite you to explore this.

I wish you the best on your journey :)

Edited by Jacobsrw

@jacobsrw I just react against illogical assumtions. Why did he choosed ayahuasca and kept it a secret . Everyone knows this drug  is no fun at all. He could take any lower drug like acid, shrooms which are far more known to be recreational . That must be a big decision he made and you must be on the spiritual path (knowing or unknowing) to do this nevertheless. Therefore that he is on spiritual path since 3 years sounds plausible. I ask me how you still clinge to this idea that this is made up.

Edited by OBEler

@Jacobsrw sorry I have not read the whole thread, but may I ask, how come you have watched so many of Connors earlier stage-orange videos?  (personally i have never heard of him until last month).

also what does "awakening" mean to you? when are you truly awakened? are you awakened? <3

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

just had a look - he was about going to sleep - does someone know how this youtube life action works? can you see if someone watches you? because it was like it was set up, as if he was waiting. when i opened the window he looked kind of down then slowly lit up, went to the bathroom, too short to actually brush his teath - maybe he did that before - came back drank out of a waterfilter canister which, surprise, dripped. in between he told how he felt about the fasting how he is not really hungry but can feel sth like hunger arising at the time when he usually eats. i thought take a glass man... wear a shirt... that’s when i also realized he will break that down, wash that away. he went sleeping. i had a look how he‘s doing because i feel weird about the amount of days he has set - now i feel more responsible as he seemed to be tired and a little down, lighting up through attention. in that sense it’s a little more of an art project than i suspected, its like you can see how people really lighten up the moment they get attention. maybe that was my own interpretation and it all was just my interpretation. but if you can see on youtube if people are watching you while being live on „ your channel“ or not, i‘m pretty sure, that’s what i noticed.

Edited by remember

21A29F1D-CF5F-48B5-BA7C-95ED7F63F2BD.jpeg

ibrahim gökcek 200 days

D010DDB5-03E7-4F6B-9F21-5B6DD5E13072.jpeg

helin bölek 288 days

Edited by remember

I can relate to what he's going through... Had a similar ungrounded insanity. The ego is essentially trying to rebuild itself with an old paradigm that is at odds with the new insights and that can scramble the psyche. Like trying to put on an old pair of pants you can't fit in anymore... Gotta get some new ones or just go without lol. I believe he had some stuff brought up and it hasn't grounded out yet. I just hope he stays safe. 40 days is damn intense for a first fast and that may further not ground him out or it may lead to further letting go and insight that he might need to then ground himself to. Hope he doesn't hurt himself. He should really be around some people and not just sitting alone in his flat. 

Edited by Lyubov

Lol you're all so overly dramatic. He is a chill guy so he should be fine but the problem is that his fasting is not done right. He's surrounded by cell phones, cameras & technology while he should stay far away from all the distractions. What he's doing is just starving when the mind is full of junk.

14 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

@Jacobsrw sorry I have not read the whole thread, but may I ask, how come you have watched so many of Connors earlier stage-orange videos?  (personally i have never heard of him until last month).

also what does "awakening" mean to you? when are you truly awakened? are you awakened? <3

Because previously I was a gym junkie and found him via Jeff Seid years ago. That’s okay. However, many here are making gross assumption having only watched 2-3 of his recent videos without contextualising his past. Awakening is not an instant bypass, it requires meticulous and arduous embodiment. Far more than that of a single mystical experience.

Politely, I feel no need to engage in that question. Simply because, one does not awaken, awakening awakens to itself. 

To me awakening is the illumination of the ever-presence of experience. A complete alignment to existence beyond any form of fragmentation.

Edited by Jacobsrw

20 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Because previously I was a gym junkie and found him via Jeff Seid years ago.. That’s fine but many here are making gross assumption having only watch 2-3 of his recent videos without contextualises his past. Awakening is not an instant bypass, it requires meticulous and arduous embodiment. Far more than that of a single mystical experience.

Politely, I feel no need to engage in that question. Simply because, one does not awaken, awakening awakens to itself. 

To me awakening is the illumination of the ever-presence of experience. A complete alignment to existence beyond any form of fragmentation.

"Simply because, one does not awaken, awakening awakens to itself. " I like that, thank you. I agree very much. Good answer.
------------------------------------------------

So you were a gym/stage-orange/PUA-junkie (like Connor). But now you have moved pass that and are now spiritual (stage green/yellow/turquoise w/e). 

And now you "look down" on Connor -- your former "teacher", who you then saw to ultimately be a noob (spiritually talking).

Seems like classical psychological unconscious projection to me =D 

"Awakening is not an instant bypass, it requires meticulous and arduous embodiment. Far more than that of a single mystical experience."

I agree.
But could it be that Connor -- like you have -- have actually been interested in awakening/spirituality for +3 years and that he just recently (1-2 months ago) got a "breakthrough" ? ...
...And that you for some unconscious reasons simply cannot be open to that possiblity? :-D 

Be open at least. As you say, what does "awakening" even mean?. There is no one here to awaken. Connor has not awakened obviously; Awakening has awakened to it self, as you say; this is always the case <3 

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.