upstream

Youtuber w/ 2.5M followers did aya, now doing 40 day fast to help ppl wake up.

187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

xD what do you reckon will happen on the fast? I think he's doing exactly what is necessary, given where's he's coming from, and i feel he shall get exactly what he needs to bring more light into this world, it's literally the fast track. en-lighten-ment (in light mind).....this will indeed put him to the test.

Although he may not get what he and anyone who might be cheering for him, are looking for, i guess the results aren't even what matters 

I have no idea what will happen. But to me he is doing this all for some fictitious fanatics to entertain his fans. I don’t think the fast is for growth but for “proving” a self-fulfilling point. It’s all for show. An endless media stream that will inevitably construct a malicious ego as a result.

He is playing with fire and underestimates the depth of this work. He appears to be playing the role at the moment and seems content in doing so. And sadly, I feel this just gives spirituality a bad wrap.

If one has the audacity to flamboyantly pontificate spirituality in such a way reality will violently drag them through more disturbance than they could ever anticipate.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw If you understood what he was saying you would not think he was wrong or had a "spiritual ego" I watched all of his videos on his new channel where he talks about his insights. He is VERY awake, and seems to be completely authentic. 

Here's an interesting theory about what Connor might be trying to pull off right now. So in his video below, Connor talks about (from 6:15 - 9:15) how Jesus was enlightened and basically faked his resurrection as an epic magic trick to convince the masses into believing that he was divine. Connor also draws a lot of parallels between himself and Jesus in another video titled 'The Truth' and references Jesus' big magic trick again there. So the big questions is... is it reasonable to infer that Connor is following Jesus's playbook right now, as he described in his earlier videos? Maybe he's actually being fed through the window in his bathroom throughout the livestream fast. Connor clearly credits Jesus's resurrection stunt as being pivotal to the spread of Christianity, sees himself as Jesus, and has no qualms about lying if it results in more people awakening. So why wouldn't he do this? I could be completely wrong of course, but I think it's worth noting this because it almost seems as if Connor alluded to a master plan in his earlier videos.

5 hours ago, NorthNow said:

@Jacobsrw If you understood what he was saying you would not think he was wrong or had a "spiritual ego" I watched all of his videos on his new channel where he talks about his insights. He is VERY awake, and seems to be completely authentic. 

I never said he was wrong but that what he speaks is stemming from a spiritual ego.

I understand what he stated but you seem to be assuming what one says qualifies their level consciousness. This is absurd. Anyone can mask their level of development with deceptive role play. I’m just not ignorant enough to blindly assume he has some form of monopoly on the path to awakening. He merely entered of recent, why presume he has instantly purified himself of all his delusions?

He does not appear awake to me nor does his historical or recent social media presence suggest it.

You’re romanticising over ones words rather than the content of their character.

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@Jacobsrw follow him ? (May you be too quick to judge xD

I had. I knew of him long before all this side show. He has not at all convinced me. It seems many others have become easily subdued over the course of his 3-5 recent video uploads

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw why does he need to convince you? Is it not the fool who looks to be convinced? We all play the fool on occasion, but why? 

2 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

I have no idea what will happen. But to me he is doing this all for some fictitious fanatics to entertain his fans. I don’t think the fast is for growth but for “proving” a self-fulfilling point. It’s all for show. An endless media stream that will inevitably construct a malicious ego as a result.

He is playing with fire and underestimates the depth of this work. He appears to be playing the role at the moment and seems content in doing so. And sadly, I feel this just gives spirituality a bad wrap.

If one has the audacity to flamboyantly pontificate spirituality in such a way reality will violently drag them through more disturbance than they could ever anticipate.

You sound smarter than anyone else on this forum...yet so negative at the same time.  I would try taking one good thing from him, and compliment that, rather than demonizing the rest... that's very easy to do.  His content is superior to 90% of the other crap on Youtube.

18 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Jacobsrw why does he need to convince you? Is it not the fool who looks to be convinced? We all play the fool on occasion, but why? 

No I’d say it is the fool whom acts that demands convincing since that is the point of their acting to begin with. Have a look at what he is doing. The actions he demonstrates reflect a desperate demand for gratification and validation of the awakening he believes he has achieved.  

Agreed. And I feel my foolishness would only be reinforced had I not not be honest in my critique of him.

Edited by Jacobsrw

17 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

You sound smarter than anyone else on this forum...yet so negative at the same time.  I would try taking one good thing from him, and compliment that, rather than demonizing the rest... that's very easy to do.  His content is superior to 90% of the other crap on Youtube.

Fair point. Each to their own I guess. That’s an assumption you‘ve made that I cannot change.

I see very little positive in what he has so far shared, that is my personal view. Spirituality masquerading in ego is far more dangerous than ego as itself. Carefully observe his material and you may consider my point.

One golden nugget does not justify the earth surrounding it.

Edited by Jacobsrw

I saw a few of his videos before.

He seems now to be close to where I was a few years ago where I had a spiritual ego too even though I never did pick up. He is trying to find his way to enlightenment but doesn't know how and doesn't understand what he is actually doing.

It seems like he is starting to get exhausted by stage orange and start to move into green, but still addicted to the success of orange so he has a spiritual ego, that's normal.

Edited by Raphael

He is strongly deluded about what it's like to be awakened/enlightened 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

9 minutes ago, Raphael said:

I saw a few of his videos before.

He seems now to be close to where I was a few years ago where I had a spiritual ego too even though I never did pick up. He is trying to find his way to enlightenment but doesn't know how and doesn't understand what he is actually doing.

It seems like he is starting to get exhausted by stage orange and start to move into green, but still addicted to the success of orange so he has a spiritual ego, that's normal.

Good assessment. I agree. He appears to be experiencing a tumultuous conflictive of dissonance between the insights he has realised and the stage of his present development. It’s far too much for a newbie to try and comprehend. He may very well implode from an incapacity. But my hope is that he moves his way up the spiral.

15 minutes ago, Member said:

You're all bitchin' about him but it is chilling for me to see him meditating. I leave my TV on while he lays in bed and fall asleep everytime xD

I like the guy. He has balls even though he may look nuts.

People here are compartmentalising. Ones desperate cry for liberation is not mere entertainment.

Edited by Jacobsrw

37 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

People here are compartmentalising. Ones desperate cry for liberation is not mere entertainment.

He's a good guy and we all do dumb shit from time to time. Not that it is entertainment but he renounced to the shallow life for a noble reason... don't know how many of you guys would make yourself look crazy with so many followers and so many bitches available to fuck. Maybe he's deluded, maybe not but what do you expect to see, a zen master at the beginning of the path? B|

3 minutes ago, Member said:

He's a good guy and we all do dumb shit from time to time. Not that it is entertainment but he renounced to the shallow life for a noble reason... don't know how many of you guys would make yourself look crazy with so many followers and so many bitches available to fuck. Maybe he's deluded, maybe not but what do you expect to see, a zen master at the beginning of the path? B|

True. Although I fear an onset of suicide ideation or the like if he fails finding stability. Awakening is extremely powerful and for some, too powerful to bear.

What’s most concerning is the audience in which follow him. One holds a level responsibility when commanding that size of audience. You cannot simply be ignorant in the material you produce.

14 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

True. Although I fear an onset of suicide ideation or the like if he fails finding stability. Awakening is extremely powerful and for some, too powerful to bear.

Yep, he's acting dangerous right from the beginning and encourage people to kill his higher self. There are so many bitches commenting about Connor being dead and say RIP repeatedly. This is bullying and it's pretty dangerous for a vulnerable soul.

6 hours ago, upstream said:

Here's an interesting theory about what Connor might be trying to pull off right now. So in his video below, Connor talks about (from 6:15 - 9:15) how Jesus was enlightened and basically faked his resurrection as an epic magic trick to convince the masses into believing that he was divine. Connor also draws a lot of parallels between himself and Jesus in another video titled 'The Truth' and references Jesus' big magic trick again there. So the big questions is... is it reasonable to infer that Connor is following Jesus's playbook right now, as he described in his earlier videos? Maybe he's actually being fed through the window in his bathroom throughout the livestream fast. Connor clearly credits Jesus's resurrection stunt as being pivotal to the spread of Christianity, sees himself as Jesus, and has no qualms about lying if it results in more people awakening. So why wouldn't he do this? I could be completely wrong of course, but I think it's worth noting this because it almost seems as if Connor alluded to a master plan in his earlier videos.

Jesus acting?

Lol

This dude fundamentally misunderstands how miracles work.

He's got a lot more to become conscious of.

Beware of immature spiritual teachers.

Nothing against him waking up, but he's got A LOT more waking up to do.

Zen devirly alert.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Member said:

Yep, he's acting dangerous right from the beginning and encourage people to kill his higher self. There are so many bitches commenting about Connor being dead and say RIP repeatedly. This is bullying and it's pretty dangerous for a vulnerable soul.

Indeed. He obviously has encountered insights about this work that his followers are far too deluded to appreciate. Hence, their ignorant and void statements. His audience is equivalent to that of Trumps development from what I could see.

Hopefully he finds footing from which to develop.

Interesting. I hope he has the help of someone experienced with fasting.