upstream

Youtuber w/ 2.5M followers did aya, now doing 40 day fast to help ppl wake up.

187 posts in this topic

This is pretty interesting. Ayahuasca completely changed this guy (Connor Murphy) - he went from being an extremely vain youtube personality who would do basically nothing but lift and pick up girls, to someone who has completely dropped all of that and is now doing a 40 day livestream fast to help spread awareness about 'the great awakening.'

Not sure how this will end, but it's fascinating to see and I wish him all the best. Below is the link of his livestream, which started about 9 hours ago. Thought that this crowd might be interested in following this. Also, I have zero connection to this guy / have no vested interested in helping promote him or anything. Just think that this is very relevant to everyone here and is going to be starting a lot of conversations about 'awakening' in the coming weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/connormurphyofficial/live

I don't know anything about this guy, but he seems a bit fake to me on first glance. He sounds like he's acting. Anyways, I hope he doesn't die and helps people wake up.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 minute ago, Joshi3 said:

@upstream Connor just made a video about picking up girls with spirituality. 

lol

Haha. I thought you were joking, and then I checked. You were not joking. Lol.

22 hours ago, upstream said:

This is pretty interesting. Ayahuasca completely changed this guy (Connor Murphy) - he went from being an extremely vain youtube personality who would do basically nothing but lift and pick up girls, to someone who has completely dropped all of that

Posted 9 hours ago. Lol ? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 15/06/2020 at 11:07 AM, upstream said:

This is pretty interesting. Ayahuasca completely changed this guy (Connor Murphy) - he went from being an extremely vain youtube personality who would do basically nothing but lift and pick up girls, to someone who has completely dropped all of that and is now doing a 40 day livestream fast to help spread awareness about 'the great awakening.'

Not sure how this will end, but it's fascinating to see and I wish him all the best. Below is the link of his livestream, which started about 9 hours ago. Thought that this crowd might be interested in following this. Also, I have zero connection to this guy / have no vested interested in helping promote him or anything. Just think that this is very relevant to everyone here and is going to be starting a lot of conversations about 'awakening' in the coming weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/connormurphyofficial/live

The dude has lost it.

I watched some of his content just to get some insight into what was going on and from my observations, he has constructed a gargantuan spiritual ego.

I feel this is a clear demonstration example of ego backlash. Jump in too quick without preparation the ego will instigate it’s most fierce reactive protective mechanisms. Never underestimate the power of self-deception.

He had no spiritual practice nor psychological foundation, what did he expect to happen.

On top of this, he abuses the spiritual path making it out to be something it is not. Such naivety.

**what not to do**

Edited by Jacobsrw

pickup is much easier when you come from a place of already filled cup with love, or wholeness whatever you might call it 
being needy and craving are unconsciously repulsive and unattractive,
paradoxically when don't want her she might start to chasing you like crazy ...

not sure how to apply that to hottest girls, cuz you want them badly,
one trick that works is deep abundance of women

does it have something to do with enlightenment ? I guess rather not cuz you still play the game, instead of going beyond that

Edited by OmniYoga

Not sure if he did this already, but I would think trying a 10 or 20 day fast first seems like a better plan, he's going to lose all that muscle.

He is awake, but he lacks integration/groundedness. His ego -- which broke down/is breaking down...is being restructured in insane ways no ppl here can imagine how feels.

I hope he doesn't hurt himself. 40 days seem a bit too dangerous, hope he settles for 30.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

He’s got a solid conceptual grasp of awakening just from watching some of his videos... which is weird and unexpected lol.

I must admit Im curious with how this will turn out. Im rooting for the guy and I hope he doesn’t hurt himself 

Just watched this video, he seems to understand. I see people in this thread talking about how he seems fake. I understand why they would think so. But this guy 100% understands. 

I can somewhat relate to this guy. About four years ago I had a similar semi-awekening as this guy. I was in the same forced bliss-mode for about six months, and than I graudally became worse for about 18 months and that when I had my first real awekning after a super heavy LSD trip, and it was brutal. Three days of hell, crying, fear, horror shame, and mental, emotiinal and physical exhaustion. By far the worst experience of my life. 

But as mentioned above I hope he'll be alright and doesn't hurt himself.

I think this guy will be as hardcore good in spirituality as in bodybuilding

He has not built up an spiritual ego as far as I can see

This man has potential

On 15/06/2020 at 9:03 PM, Ananta said:

Posted 9 hours ago. Lol ? 

he's probably just doing this to get the people that follow him to persue enlightenment too. lol, i mean, u gotta start somewhere

u gotta speak your audience's language to reach them

Edited by blankisomeone

21 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

he's probably just doing this to get the people that follow him to persue enlightenment too. lol, i mean, u gotta start somewhere

u gotta speak your audience's language to reach them

It's just a "dog and pony show". 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 6/15/2020 at 7:38 PM, Jacobsrw said:

The dude has lost it.

I watched some of his content just to get some insight into what was going on and from my observations, he has constructed a gargantuan spiritual ego.

I feel this is a clear demonstration example of ego backlash. Jump in too quick without preparation the ego will instigate it’s most fierce reactive protective mechanisms. Never underestimate the power of self-deception.

He had no spiritual practice nor psychological foundation, what did he expect to happen.

On top of this, he abuses the spiritual path making it out to be something it is not. Such naivety.

**what not to do**

xD what do you reckon will happen on the fast? I think he's doing exactly what is necessary, given where's he's coming from, and i feel he shall get exactly what he needs to bring more light into this world, it's literally the fast track. en-lighten-ment (in light mind).....this will indeed put him to the test.

Although he may not get what he and anyone who might be cheering for him, are looking for, i guess the results aren't even what matters 

Edited by DrewNows