RawJudah

So its all over when you turn 30?!?!

45 posts in this topic

Aaaarrrggghhhh, THE END IS NIGH!!! Lmao.

Oh man, I remember what it was like to be in my mid twenties and almost going insane over approaching the dreaded 30 year mark. Now, of course I can only speak from my own experience here - but man, let me tell you something right now: Life starts after 30.

Boy, I felt sooooooo much more grounded and at ease with myself after having jumped the 30 hurdle compared to how I felt during all of my twenties (which doesn't really say much given the fact that I was a complete basket case throughout my twenties, but still!). Looking back now, I can really just laugh about my grotesque anxiety back then. Thirty is still SO fucking young, you have no idea! Now, don't use this as an excuse to piss away your youth on loafing around and playing video games; but then again, my guess is that you wouldn't be a member of this forum if this were your actual five-year plan, lol.

Yeah, I can honestly say that the older I get, the more relaxed I am about my prospects in life. All these ideas about how you need to have "made something of yourself" by this or that age just seem more and more ridiculous to me with every passing year. Right now, my sole focus lies on doing what I enjoy doing - and make no mistake, finding out what exactly it is that you genuinely enjoy doing is difficult enough and takes a lot of trial and error! -; and if I am going to die destitute and penniless, well, then so be it. All that matters in the end is living an authentic life; the rest is just silly noise.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Aaaarrrggghhhh, THE END IS NIGH!!! Lmao.

Oh man, I remember what it was like to be in my mid twenties and almost going insane over approaching the dreaded 30 year mark. Now, of course I can only speak from my own experience here - but man, let me tell you something right now: Life starts after 30.

Boy, I felt sooooooo much more grounded and at ease with myself after having jumped the 30 hurdle compared to how I felt during all of my twenties (which doesn't really say much given the fact that I was a complete basket case throughout my twenties, but still!). Looking back now, I can really just laugh about my grotesque anxiety back then. Thirty is still SO fucking young, you have no idea! Now, don't use this as an excuse to piss away your youth on loafing around and playing video games; but then again, my guess is that you wouldn't be a member of this forum if this were your actual five-year plan, lol.

Yeah, I can honestly say that the older I get, the more relaxed I am about my prospects in life. All these ideas about how you need to have "made something of yourself" by this or that age just seem more and more ridiculous to me with every passing year. Right now, my sole focus lies on doing what I enjoy doing - and make no mistake, finding out what exactly it is that you genuinely enjoy doing is difficult enough and takes a lot of trial and error! -; and if I am going to die destitute and penniless, well, then so be it. All that matters in the end is living an authentic life; the rest is just silly noise.

This!

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@PetarKa Great answer, thank you. 

As I was reading it I felt the pressure lift from my shoulders.

I have to work with what I've got!

@Sombra Awesome, thank you. 

Maybe I need some more life experiences? Good and bad ones? But I won't be making any REALLY silly choices... If Leo has helped me at all its knowing where the traps are. Some are worse than others.

How old are you? What were you doing at my age?

@Bazooka Jesus Amazing post, thank you. I'm happy that you found what you love doing!

I won't be pissing away the rest of my twenties, although I have pissed away my early twenties. Glad I found actualised.org when I did...

I don't know if I'll ever 'make something of myself'. But I'm not so anxious as I was when I made the original post on this thread. 

Some days I wanna make something of myself and other days I just wanna relax and do nothing... 

LIFE IS FUCKING CRAZY! I don't want it to end...