Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShardMare

Whats better? Feeling deeply vs feeling peaceful and happy always

8 posts in this topic

Whats better? To feel deeply your emotions, even if its very negative even if its positive vs when u have a negative emotion think about it, ask urself questions about it, etc.(u know what im talking about....) and generally make urself feel peaceful and happy always?

I understand where you are coming from, but your question does not reflect how these things really work. Peace and happiness are not specific feelings, that is not in the realm of experience, arising and passing, but rather they are the foundational principles of experience.

What is happiness but the fulfillment of perceiving clearly that there is no lack of anything at all. And what is peace but the utter acceptability of everything, as it is.

This is not to say that there is no value in joining with your feelings and experiencing them more deeply, but don't confuse peace and happiness for something dependent on feeling or sensation.

Edited by loub

Feeling deep looks very romantic even virtuous, but the thing is stupid, being run by illusory emotions its one of the lowest stages of awareness.

Feeling deep and you can achieve great heroics like Martin Luther King or Mother Theresa.

Always feeling peaceful and happy is overrated IMO. Life is to be lived. You'd definitely experience a lot of feelings anyway, might as well do it deeply.

“What’s better? Feeling deeply vs always feeling peaceful and happy”

If one believes that feeling deeply is better, then feeling deeply is better.

If one believes that aways feeling peaceful and happy is better, then always feeling peaceful and happy is better.

For me there's no such thing as making myself feel such and such. There's a lot of doing the best I can with what I already feel tho. 

I don't know that's a though question. I like it

Sailing on the ceiling