Beginner Mind

Being Aware of Being Aware: Coming to the End of the Spiritual Search

55 posts in this topic

Looking for seashells on the beach is fun. Looking for lost keys when you're late for an appointment, not fun. The spiritual search feels like both of those things at times for most of us. 

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Recognize that belief has no meaning purpose or value whatsoever to what's happening.

The person who recognizes no meaning then often sneakily gives a meaning to there being "no meaning." Meaning is only possible because everything has no meaning. Calling something meaningless gives it meaning. If things are given the meaning of being meaningless, they are locked into that, excluding meaning. The possibility of meaning cannot be excluded for things to truly be meaningless. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It's just a pointer to the fact that there is no goal there's no where to reach there is no agenda that actually needs to be achieved...

how does saying something is meaningless give it meaning.

That's like saying being in neutral is still a gear... it's not a gear rev it up all you want you're not going anywhere.

Not having a belief isn't a belief because it leaves you clear and open... unbounded by a belief.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

24 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

That's like saying being in neutral is still a gear... it's not a gear rev it up all you want you're not going anywhere.

On 14/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, Beginner Mind said:

Sorry can't delete this quote from phone

@VeganAwake That's a nice analogy for the ego ??

On 13/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, WHO IS said:

On 13/6/2020 at 7:28 PM, StarStruck said:

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

The seeking has come to an end.  Now it's just a matter of continuing to familiarize myself with Myself.

21 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's just a pointer to the fact that there is no goal there's no where to reach there is no agenda that actually needs to be achieved...

how does saying something is meaningless give it meaning.

Not having a belief isn't a belief because it leaves you clear and open... unbounded by a belief.

Being in neutral is not a gear but it's still a position, if you're in neutral you can't be in 5th or any other gear.

For example, I thought that chakras were bullshit until I had a strange experience, then I believed in them, and later that belief caused suffering. I could say that I did not believe in chakras again to prevent the suffering of overthinking but that would have been done out of self preservation. The only position left was no position. The tricky thing with calling everything meaningless is that meaningless is it's own meaning. It can be a great pointer though.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Being in neutral is not a gear but it's still a position, if you're in neutral you can't be in 5th or any other gear.

For example, I thought that chakras were bullshit until I had a strange experience, then I believed in them, and later that belief caused suffering. I could say that I did not believe in chakras again to prevent the suffering of overthinking but that would have been done out of self preservation. The only position left was no position. The tricky thing with calling everything meaningless is that meaningless is it's own meaning. It can be a great pointer though.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake FOSHO

See, I'm either saying "F Osho" or "for sure", it's up to you! See! Meaningless! All possibilities at once and none of them. :D

@mandyjw ❤ like that ?

On 6/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, VeganAwake said:

Oh okay cool no need to be so snippy about it..hehe

Recognize that belief has no meaning purpose or value whatsoever to what's happening.

No snippiness intended. :)

On 13/06/2020 at 6:07 PM, Beginner Mind said:

All this striving, all this struggle, all this suffering...  It's totally needless!  The truth of your being is right under your nose and has been all along.

Simply be aware of being aware (as taught by Rupert Spira).

Ask yourself the question, "Am I aware?" and then simply rest in the experience of being aware.  It's so simple! 

So many books, so many teachers, so much searching... Meanwhile, the peace we've been seeking was within us all along.  No need for meditation, no need for psychedelics (nothing wrong with them--but completely unnecessary).  Simply notice that you are aware, and rest in that experience.

You're welcome. ;)

You are awesome,  I love the simplicity and effectiveness of Rupert's pointings/portals to knowing being. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 13/06/2020 at 6:24 PM, Javfly33 said:

Can you be aware of being aware when thoughts of fear arise when you are jobless in the top of a mountain with no savings left in your account?

That question is obvious, you are aware whether the content is good or bad. In fact you wouldn't be able to know anything good or bad if there was not your awareness there to give it space to exist.

Life is challenging,  the dream is challenging. Enlightenment is easy yet you still chop wood and carry water. You just see it from a different perspective, some would say the ultimate perspective. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

22 minutes ago, Dodo said:

That question is obvious, you are aware whether the content is good or bad. In fact you wouldn't be able to know anything good or bad if there was not your awareness there to give it space to exist.

Life is challenging,  the dream is challenging. Enlightenment is easy yet you still chop wood and carry water. You just see it from a different perspective, some would say the ultimate perspective. 

Like this ❤

Yes we lay down our web of beliefs over the top of what's happening and judge from that position...

Here's a joke: Do you know how to make God laugh? 

Tell him your plans...

We want things to go certain ways according to our conditioned beliefs..

Apparent happenings are neither good nor bad it's just the thoughts we believe that make them so. ❤

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

You are awesome,  I love the simplicity and effectiveness of Rupert's pointings/portals to knowing being. 

Thanks bro!  Yes, Rupert's pointers are definitely the clearest I've come across.