Beginner Mind

Being Aware of Being Aware: Coming to the End of the Spiritual Search

55 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

What are body and mind made of? Am I something separated?

As Ramesh Balsekar would say, "All there is, is Consciousness."  But within that Consciousness there is still room for impermanence apparently.  I'm not advocating for the rejection of the body and mind, but rather, simply not identifying them as 'me', as they are impermanent.  Only that which is eternal is worthy of identifying with I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Beginner Mind I wish that would be that simple. You are aware of being aware and boom....you got enlightened. :D

I am aware of being aware for a long time, not constantly 24/7, but very often, probably 70% of my day.

Does it make me enlightened person? Of course not.

To be truly enlightened you need to learn how to let go. You basically have to let go your whole personality.This is a must! By simply of being aware will not get you that far if you still buying into drama that ego feeds you. 

You may be right.  I don't necessarily need to be fully 'enlightened'.  For now, I'm content with paying temporary 'visits' to my true nature.

5 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Only that which is eternal is worthy of identifying with I'd say.

So there is still attachment to identification with something. Eventually you will be free.

unborn Truth

6 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Beginner Mind I wish that would be that simple. You are aware of being aware and boom....you got enlightened. :D

I am aware of being aware for a long time, not constantly 24/7, but very often, probably 70% of my day.

Does it make me enlightened person? Of course not.

To be truly enlightened you need to learn how to let go. You basically have to let go your whole personality.This is a must! By simply of being aware will not get you that far if you still buying into drama that ego feeds you. 

Drop all of that bullshit!!!! Haha, sorry, but that is just not the case. Enlightenment doesnt exist. Enlightenment is a dream the seperate 'me' has of becoming great and endlessly fulfilled. All there is, is endless fullfilment and this is it! The me is an experience of knowing what this is, and it appears in nothing. There is nothing to become, the goal is a mirage, you pursue it endlessly to no avail. What is looked for is the end of looking! There is nothing behind these words, there is no reality in "things". All there is, is "wtf"!

@Beginner Mind Good luck!

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

10 minutes ago, traveler said:

Drop all of that bullshit!!!! Haha, sorry, but that is just not the case. Enlightenment doesnt exist.

Ignorance, okay...whatever...:D what can be further from the Truth?

If it would be the case nobody ever talked about it, we would not even have this in our knowledge frame. 

I agree that probably there is no one to get enlightened, but there are states of Consciousness, for sure.

Edited by Galyna

The hardest thing to find is that which is everywhere.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here how many cigarettes in the last 24 hours? :D:D:D

Edited by Galyna

5 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Ignorance, okay...whatever...:D what can be further from the Truth?

There is no truth! You think what is happening right now is somehow untrue, you then pursue this concept you've learned that is the opposite to what is happening! This is the truth, but there is no untruth to give "truth" any meaning whatsoever! This doesn't make any sense, it is absolutely everything and nothing.

1 minute ago, traveler said:

You think what is happening right now is somehow untrue

It is not what I think at all. 

2 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Someone here how many cigarettes in the last 24 hours? :D:D:D

Idk less than half a pack. 

(stay on topic for goodness sake jk lol) xD:ph34r:

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

46 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

However, some people delude themselves to such an extent that they start to believe they are God almighty and yet cant change even the minuscule things in their lives which bring them pain.

Who claims to be God almighty?

Have you felt what it feels like to be God in sour conditions? Its peace, rest, calm.

Magical powers are irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Galyna said:

It is not what I think at all. 

Please give me more to work with, I'm full of energy and I want to have fun! :( I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

I assume this was intended for @Javfly33 but what the hell: Our true nature is our Self.  That which we generally overlook in favor of identifying with a body and mind.

True Nature: That sounds like the new and improved spiritual ego sneaking in the back door and subtly taking back over... only this time it's extra sneaky because it's all about love compassion and harmony.

Examine the so-called Self with razersharp focus and you'll see it's unreality....its an illusion ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

True Nature: That sounds like the new and improved spiritual ego sneaking in the back door and subtly taking back over... only this time it's extra sneaky because it's all about love compassion and harmony.

Examine the so-called Self with razersharp focus and you'll see it's unreality....its an illusion ❤

True nature = Awareness.  The awareness that is aware of these words right now...  That is what we are.

11 hours ago, WHO IS said:

However, some people delude themselves to such an extent that they start to believe they are God almighty and yet cant change even the minuscule things in their lives which bring them pain. Then they start making excuses that even though these painful things exist, it is designed by their higher self, so now they are at least understanding that they don't have total control over reality and that there is someone(s) higher that has control.

I would call delusion when you think that you're a person that will die one day because apparently it appears so. People have no idea how powerful the mind is. When you're aware of how your mind works, you can safely say that you're God. But that's just the birth or the beginning of you being God. It takes time to grow this baby God & growth has no limit because God is infinite and embodies everything.

16 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

True nature = Awareness.  The awareness that is aware of these words right now...  That is what we are.

Oh okay cool no need to be so snippy about it..hehe

Recognize that belief has no meaning purpose or value whatsoever to what's happening.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi