PetarKa

Breathing & Cold Water - Insight

6 posts in this topic

Started breathing exercises and doing long cold showers (I don't have a tub for ice baths)

I've done cold water before, but it was a bitch - more accurately, I was a bitch. Used to think the cold is bad.

After a year or two, having changed progressively parts of my mindsets and beliefs, things are different. Now the cold is good.

I don't know how you will interpret what I said, but I did the best I could to be short and sweet.

I agree. When I started doing cold showers it was excruciating. I couldn't bear it but I persisted. I've been doing it more than a year now and I haven't looked back. It's not so bad anymore and the refreshing buzz affter effect is really good.

Doing cold showers and wim hof breathing daily. It. Is. Amazing. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

To add to my point: I've recently started to appreciate more the actual depth of what Wim Hof is saying and what his techniques are really all about. I used to think they were about being healthy, but in a Stage Orange sort of limited way. Very materialistic - the hormones do this, the blood does this, etc. = viola! you are healthy now. And to a point it is like that. To a point you can do that (not just with his techniques, with practically everything) and you will actually see tangible results. But I'm starting to see that it can go deeper (whatever 'deeper' means). When you see these techniques in a different way (e.g. from Stage Green) you start to discover new subtleties you never knew existed, but which were right under your nose. Using your 'mind' (I'm not sure what else to call it) enables to do the technique in a different (and probably deeper) way.

I think these insights come from me transitioning from Stage Orange thinking to something new. I don't know if this new stage is Green (perhaps Turquoise). I have no idea. It might even be something totally different, unrelated to Spiral Dynamics. But either way it's something beyond the 'logical/rational/materialistic bias' of Stage Orange. Honestly this excites me. Has anyone experienced something similar?

However, I'm still just starting out with this method. We will see if it leads anywhere...

12 hours ago, nistake said:

I agree. When I started doing cold showers it was excruciating. I couldn't bear it but I persisted. I've been doing it more than a year now and I haven't looked back. It's not so bad anymore and the refreshing buzz affter effect is really good.

even during winter?

cold shower summer VS during winter...

do you monitor the temperature?