assx95

How do I grow on Instagram exponentially?

10 posts in this topic

I don't know if it belongs here, apologies if it doesn't. I have a page which posts insights from "the Midnight Gospel" on Instagram, and 40+ posts later, the engagement levels aren't that high. I maintain a familiar format, engage with people. And i try to use maximum and relevant hashtags. But the growth is limited. Any instagrammers here who could pitch in to give some guidance? 

Edited by assx95

For this big an audience, your engagement levels are good. Strarting instagram pages from scratch is tough. Remember, it's an exponential growth. You might spend months growing it to a couple thousand and then it will explode. 

The thing is, it's a really niche subject, so people will come even harder. I don't know if you can broaden it somehow? I haven't done ads, so I don't know how helpful they might be. You could try facebook, ads are cheap and you could narrow down by interest. Is it a business venture of some kind?

I'll write if anything else comes to mind.

You can buy accounts with like 11k followers for a few hundred dollars. 

Someone offered me an account with this amount of followers for like 300AUD, I'm unsure what this would be US, but you can look it up.

You have to take it seriously, like a job.

Only professionals will grow.

Have a daily schedule, all planned out, for every single day of the year.

Consistency is key, the best ones post like 3-5 posts a day and 10+ stories.

Always improve on your content, visually and content-wise. 

Create cult-like followers.

Pay for other people to promote you.

I lived for a while with a girl that has 130k followers and she works all the time, she is always with her phone on her hand. When we were watching some movie, she would spend 70% of the time playing with her phone on Instagram. Everything she does is an excuse to make some content, always filming and taking pictures of herself and editing the material. 

You don't have to be so extreme if you have a solid strategy and routine to plan content, post, time you will interact with followers etc. But it did opened my eyes to what it takes to succeed. 

On 13/06/2020 at 3:04 PM, assx95 said:

I don't know if it belongs here, apologies if it doesn't. I have a page which posts insights from "the Midnight Gospel" on Instagram, and 40+ posts later, the engagement levels aren't that high. I maintain a familiar format, engage with people. And i try to use maximum and relevant hashtags. But the growth is limited. Any instagrammers here who could pitch in to give some guidance? 

Two main metrics. 

1) Post a ton. Like at least once a day, preferably more. The Instagram algorithm rewards regularity.

2) Post immensely valuable content. Don’t ask for anything in return, but rather share content that will instill value in people. Share it in a unique way. Be sure to use the image feature to its epitome. Instagram is all about posting high quality images. Use high resolution images with high quality creative output. 

Instagram is about standing out from the crowd but doing it in a creative manner. People are seeking value and uniqueness. Do not just copy every large scale page, since half of them already have a skewed advantage from having already established notoriety.

Disclaimer: be weary not to get hooked. Many people get hooked on the dopamine hit that likes and follows elicit. Do not allow this. Use Instagram purely for creative purposes or a pragmatic business strategy. As soon as you sense addiction put it aside for sometime.

Edited by Jacobsrw