Chumbimba

How to open my mind/Leos Brainwashing

40 posts in this topic

I have posted two other topics and I want to add one more. I have been watching actualized.org for almost three years. As you can see all my questions have to relate to my mind and its function. The thing is I only watch Leo's videos and only listening to Leos perspective on things and not having one of my own. This actually has made me blame, resent and project onto Leo when things dont go well in my life. I feel like I have been brainwashed by his teachings to the point where I dont do certain things in my life because they wouldn't please him or they would ruin my life. I have a hard time listening to other perspectives because I have only listened to him for so long.

Like when he ranted against the pick up community, I am afraid to go out there and talk to girls because I know my life will be hollow on the other side of that. 

I also have problems researching

@Chumbimba tbf in his rant against PU he literally said at the end just do it in a more conscious way, and don’t be a dick about it. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Give yourself time.

You are young and you didn't have time to develop yellow framework. Now you are "consuming" Leo because you are lacking knowledge he offers. There is nothing wrong. One day you will become full and you will start searching for more. There is much more in the world than just Leo ;)

33 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

what do you mean?   Also give a topic example

@Username I supress some of my stage orange needs because I feel like they are evil and hurtful to society so I am trying to jump to turquoise. 

@Nak Khid so an example would be like when I am trying to work on learning computers. I want to research what a computer is. I will do one google search, read one article then forget about the entirety of the research project. I dont cross reference sources because I dont know which one to trust 

@Chumbimba rumi, krishanamurti, peter raltson, osho, shadguru, tolle, ramana maharsi, Alan watts and many more. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 im not just talking about enlightenment and consciousness.

Money

Career

Relationships 

Food

I really dont care about enlightenment anymore 

4 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Nak Khid so an example would be like when I am trying to work on learning computers. I want to research what a computer is. I will do one google search, read one article then forget about the entirety of the research project. I dont cross reference sources because I dont know which one to trust 

If you know that you should be reading 5 articles and cross referencing what is keeping you from doing it? 

@Chumbimba

You wanted emotion purged from the body, and this is it. Don’t believe these narratives the mind throws out. Express how you feel. Write about it. Stay focused on feeling, and understanding feeling. Making it about anyone else only adds a layer of unnecessary turmoil & confusion. Write a short story about it. Write letters to people in your past. (Don’t mail em) Expression is the key. Be angry if you’re angry. Cry if you can, release. Talk to someone, anyone who is a decent listener, just so you can talk and express how you’re feeling. Emotional expression is like marbles jammed in a garden hose. Gotta let em flush out. The peace of mind and understanding is the water behind the marbles. It does arise. Don’t avoid feeling, go to feeling, explore it fully, understand it, breath into it, and breath it out. Breathing deeply from the stomach resets practically every system of the body. 

Stop listening to just one influence. That’s an error, doesn’t matter which person you picked. Imo Leo is arguably the most open minded guru around. No offense man, but, you gotta realize you and Leo are not in the same stratosphere as far as life, the path, perspectives, awakening, however you frame it up. Not saying anyone is better than you or ahead of you or anything like that at all, just saying be smart and put what you actually need for where you’re at in front of you. And don’t fall for your own bs. If you can type on this forum, you can “research” on YouTube. Take a minute to formulate what you feel you need, and search it on YouTube. My hunch is that you did not have a strong figure / male role model growing up, and are struggling with that. Don’t underestimate the fundamentals of yoga, meditation, etc. There’s good reason these practices have been around practically forever. If you don’t have someone to talk to, let me know. It seems you’re really struggling and I’m a bit concerned for you. If you’re interested in an easy going conversation with a normal mostly boring guy, let me know, pm me. Could talk tonight. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nak Khid its really deep. I feel guilty looking up how computers work because since I have started watching Leo. I realized how low tech is. like social media I deleted it and how society is more about progress and less about psychology.

6 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Nak Khid its really deep. I feel guilty looking up how computers work because since I have started watching Leo. I realized how low tech is. like social media I deleted it and how society is more about progress and less about psychology.

If you are learning Python what does that have to do with Leo? 

8 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Nak Khid it has nothing to with him but how I am interpreting his message 

I recommend you try some traditional psychotherapy and work on some of your issues  before or separate from spiritual  things aspiring to enlightenment and meet with someone 1-2 times a week.   Look at this list of psychotherapy types

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kinds-of-psychotherapy-try_n_4466536

Pick one and find a person who has proven experience and a college degree in it from a college who is reputable for teaching it.  
You might have to try some different therapists to get the right one.  Do this for six months if you can afford it .  You deserve to heal, the rest of your life can improve so the investment will have exponential benefits. 

Also do this, get an accountability partner

https://www.goalcast.com/2019/05/03/what-is-an-accountability-partner-how-to-choose-yours/

Once you have this foundation more solid you can return to more  spiritual pursuit if you feel like it. 

Stay away form people with extreme ideas for now, you need basic healing, start with the small things. That is the only way to make it work  

@Chumbimba Thats what happen when you believe and don't figure out the truth by your own direct experience.

Do you see how attached you are to Leo and the pedestal you have made of him? You will bypass this message again. But it is my duty to bring clarity where I have been. To understand Leo you need to at least had an Enligthenment experience or be liberated to see where he is coming from. When you know the source, nothing from the relative world can confuse you again. Stop listening to Leo! Leo seems to know alot only in comparison to you. Ultimately speaking, he actually doesn't know shit. 

Brainwash yourself with truth instead. Listen only to enlightened masters that can point you to the truth. Go meditate with osho's book about meditation and create your own awakening. You will fall back after a week but it will change your life forever. You can do it by pure will. I created my first enligthenment experience in 1 month through insane meditation. I was willing to die physically. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@Chumbimba as we always say here - go with direct experience.   The teachings laid out here are meant to give you a theoretical foundation.   If you take them on faith, or as belief, you shall ultimately fall into confusion.   You say you aren't interested in enlightenment or the discovery of the highest Truth but are you so sure?   Thats is fine if you are - yet be wary not to put the cart before the horse.    You are here in this realm so that you can experience.   All of this is beautiful and shouldn't be shunned.   All of it can be embraced -  Feel free to pursue what fuels your passion.  Don't enslave yourself.   If it is a career in computers do not shun that.   If you want to get out and make some money in a particular career do not shun that either.  Enjoy life in all of its facets.  Just be conscious that when your ego crosses the line into total selfishness that there will ultimately be a price to pay and that will be in the form of your own suffering.   Suffering is not necessarily a bad thing either.  It can lead to more growth.   So embrace life.  Spirituality can come later.  And even after spirituality you can and should embrace life to the fullest.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Chumbimba I get where you're coming from, dude. It's not your fault nor Leo's. You were searching for help, so you thought if you watch Leo long enough, your problems will be solved.

Literally the only one solution is to stop watching Leo and watch literally anything else for a while. For maybe 3 months. Just binge on comedy, binge on self-made millionaires, binge on law of attraction. Literally just write these keywords into youtube. 

I used to have the same problem. Now I also study other teachers. You can come back to Leo, but don't let it be your only source. Even he doesn't want that. If you stick to one teacher too much their habits grow on you, their thinking grow on you. Again, it's not your fault or Leo's fault, it's how things came to be.

Distract yourself for a while, read books like novels and listen to music you like. Open up to other people's perspectives. Even a cheap 1$ book does the trick. It did for me.

@Chumbimba As always, you must be extra careful not to turn this work into a set of beliefs.

Which is why I tell you to study other sources and perspectives.

You're gonna screw yourself up if you only listen to my perspectives on reality.

When my finger points to the moon, look at the moon, not my finger. Right now you are still looking at my finger.

Do not take any one human's ideas too seriously. Of course this applies to myself. This is a more general problem of the mind. The mind is a dangerous thing. You shouldn't ever take ideas too seriously. Ideas are not real life. As soon as you take ideas too seriously all sorts of evil results.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Overcome your fears and you will be your own master.