WellbeingSeeker

Miraculous healing testimonies: genuine or just hoaxes / paid actors?

28 posts in this topic

First, some context: about six months ago I began a project of searching the web for testimonies of the spirit realm and the supernatural, a work in progress which you can check out in this link. My goal is to eventually get to exhaustively explore testimonies from all religions and cultures (i.e. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, New Age, etc.).

Now, on the topic: I think I've come across pretty impressive testimonies of miraculous healings, that if they turn out to be genuine, they would be strong evidence for the existence of the supernatural/spirit realm and therefore entail a huge paradigm shift from the standard materialistic and scientific worldview many people endorse. I'm sharing a few testimonies below (you can find many more in the link I shared in the previous paragraph):

Testimonies from miracle crusades:

1. Powerful Holy Spirit and Miracles in the Bahamas!
  2. Beautiful Holy Spirit manifestations and miracles in Quilmes, Argentina!!!
  3. Powerful Holy Spirit Revival in BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA!
  4. Holy Spirit falling in Mexico City, amazing miracles!
  5. Amazing Revival in Buenos Aires, Argentina!
  6. The blind see, the deaf hear, the lame walk and the gospel is preached in Chiapas, Mexico!!
  7. Consuming Fire of the Holy Spirit and Miracles in Chile
  8. Glorious Holy Spirit in England!!
  9. Holy Spirit Fire and Miracles in BERLIN, GERMANY!!
  10. Holy Spirit Revival and Powerful Miracles in Spain!!????
  11. Amazing Fire of the Holy Spirit in FINLAND!
  12. Holy Spirit Fire and Miracles in AFRICA!
  13. Persecuted church in Vietnam receives a powerful visitation of the Holy Spirit in Malaysia!
  14. Holy Spirit Fire and Miracles in Brussels, BELGIUM!
  15. Japan Holy Spirit Miracle Crusades
  16. Awesome Holy Spirit in South Africa!!!
  17. Holy Spirit Signs, Wonders and Miracles in Manila, Philippines! ??? ?

Testimonies published by normal layman people on Youtube:

1. Miracles in hospitals - Cancer healed, lame walk ect
  2. HOW I WENT FROM BEING AN ATHEIST TO A CHRISTIAN
  3. Jesus healed my mind from dyslexia, shared by Choby Siau
  4. Spirit World, Filled With Holy Spirit Empowerment & Destroying Demon Sickness. Choby Siau
  5. 6 years after giving my life to Jesus update
  6. Testimony-Baptized with the Holy Spirit
  7. From Atheist To Believer In Jesus Christ - How Jesus Cured My Eating Disorder - Christian Testimony

Other testimonies:

1. Former Kundalini Yoga Teacher Reveals All (Mike Shreve)
  2. Demons Came to Her & Gave Her Strange Powers | Robin Harfouche
  3. KATHRYN KUHLMAN KEENLY HEARING GOD'S VOICE: Three Consecutive Ear Openings
Edited by WellbeingSeeker

1 hour ago, cetus said:

@WellbeingSeeker "How Jesus Cured my eating disorder'? Really? Who created her eating disorder?

@cetus  Hi, do you want to analyze that specific testimony? We can do it if you want, I don't remember her explaining the exact details of how her whole bulimia/anorexia thing started other than that she was suffering from that condition for 4 years straight and then had a sort of mystical experience in a bathroom that got her instantly delivered.

@WellbeingSeeker It's just a shame she has to give away all the power she has always had within herself. There is no difference between the power that created Bulimia/anorexia and the power to make it stop. 

The power of belief goes deep. I checked out a few of those links and they seem mostly religious faith healing. In some circles, it is belief/faith. In other circles, it is paranormal. And in other circles, imagination.  

When I was in Honduras, I went to church with my host family. For the Christmas mass, they had a special pastor from Guatemala City. A big name in this arena. At the end of the mass, he did about 30min. of faith healing. I had never seen it live before. They are very religious in Honduras and I wanted to see how far they go. I casually asked people about how they feel about medicine and faith healing. Most people thought both were necessary for healing. Nearly everyone said “Without god and faith, the medicine won’t work”. And everyone had a story about someone they knew that miraculously healed. 

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The power of belief goes deep. I checked out a few of those links and they seem mostly religious faith healing. In some circles, it is belief/faith. In other circles, it is paranormal. And in other circles, imagination.  

When I was in Honduras, I went to church with my host family. For the Christmas mass, they had a special pastor from Guatemala City. A big name in this arena. At the end of the mass, he did about 30min. of faith healing. I had never seen it live before. They are very religious in Honduras and I wanted to see how far they go. I casually asked people about how they feel about medicine and faith healing. Most people thought both were necessary for healing. Nearly everyone said “Without god and faith, the medicine won’t work”. And everyone had a story about someone they knew that miraculously healed. 

So do you believe there are genuine cases of paranormal/supernatural healing?

18 minutes ago, WellbeingSeeker said:

So do you believe there are genuine cases of paranormal/supernatural healing?

Talking about this is tricky because of the meaning we give words and symbols. The description is not that which is described. . . I would say that I’ve been in tune with what most people would call “paranormal” or “supernatural”.

In the future, I think healing modalities will be very different than today. Future humans will look back and consider modern medicine as barbaric. 

"healing" is pretty broad category... heal what exactly? the body or the mind? a mental disorder... yeah plenty, that's what most spiritual healing does. cure a heart on the brink of failure after years of smoking? hmm well it can heal your mindset around it and help you take the actions you need to quit smoking and let the body properly heal the heart. 

18 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

"healing" is pretty broad category... heal what exactly? the body or the mind? a mental disorder... yeah plenty, that's what most spiritual healing does. cure a heart on the brink of failure after years of smoking? hmm well it can heal your mindset around it and help you take the actions you need to quit smoking and let the body properly heal the heart. 

@Lyubov good point, on the more astonishing side of testimonies you can find people testifying about being healed from deafness, blindness, myopia, astigmatism, tumors/cysts disappearing from their bodies, sores disappearing from their skins, scoliosis being healed, etc. Many videos I shared include testimonies like this.

15 minutes ago, WellbeingSeeker said:

@Lyubov good point, in the more astonishing side of testimonies you can find people testifying about being healed from deafness, blindness, myopia, astigmatism, tumors/cysts disappearing from their bodies, sores disappearing from their skins, scoliosis being healed, etc. Many videos I shared include testimonies like this.

The body is always trying to heal itself. Even trying to release trapped traumas/energy in the body which can lead to mental problems. People often get in the way of this when they really don't need to do anything. The body doing its healing is largely an unconscious process. You don't have to do anything to heal a cut if you support the process properly with clean bandages. It happens just naturally and is part of the grand design. That in and of itself is a miracle. It has its limits though depending on the injury. 

Edited by Lyubov

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

The body is always trying to heal itself. Even trying to release trapped traumas/energy in the body which can lead to mental problems. People often get in the way of this when they really don't need to do anything. It's largely an unconscious process. It happens just naturally and is part of the grand design. That in and of itself is a miracle. 

So are you saying that is normal to heal oneself from myopia and astigmatism by just suggestion / placebo? I guess you better go publish that on a medical journal asap, ophthalmologists will surely love to know about these groundbreaking results.

8 minutes ago, WellbeingSeeker said:

So are you saying that is normal to heal oneself from myopia and astigmatism by just suggestion / placebo? I guess you better go publish that on a medical journal asap, ophthalmologists will surely love to know about these groundbreaking results.

I'm saying that if someone finds themselves healed of those conditions the very fact of that occurring denotes to the same miracle of a cut healing on its own. I think some people like to take a ritual and trick themselves into thinking they did something when their body is always naturally trying to heal and cope with its environment. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 minute ago, Lyubov said:

I'm saying that if someone finds themselves healed of those conditions the very fact of that occurring denotes to the same miracle of a cut healing on its own. I think some people like to take a ritual and trick themselves into thinking they did something when their body i always naturally trying to heal and cope with its environment. 

So if you wear prescription glasses for years, have blurry vision from afar or even are totally blind from one or both eyes for years, and in a miracle crusade you get healed, it just happens to be your body naturally healing itself?

6 minutes ago, cetus said:

@WellbeingSeeker Are you familiar with Edgar Cayce? You may find him interesting.

@cetus No I'm not, but thanks for pointing him out. I will surely have to read  his testimony when I go in depth into the New Age (hopefully soon).

10 minutes ago, WellbeingSeeker said:

So if you wear prescription glasses for years, have blurry vision from afar or even are totally blind from one or both eyes for years, and in a miracle crusade you get healed, it just happens to be your body naturally healing itself?

Yes, the body is always trying to heal itself to the best of its capabilities. For several hundred years people used to let out blood of sick people to cure their illnesses. Some people still recovered from their diseases regardless of this practice which is now considered barbaric. People were making choices based off of the knowledge they had at the time and from their limited point of view and at that time this practice seemed like a good idea. As we learn more about the human body we will begin to find new ways of helping support its healing. 

Edited by Lyubov

Just now, Lyubov said:

Yes, the body is always trying to heal itself to the best of its capabilities. For several hundred years people used to let out blood of sick people to cure their illnesses. Some people still recovered from their diseases regardless of this practice which is now considered barbaric. People were making choices based off of the knowledge they had at the time and from their limited point of view and at that time this practice seemed like a good idea. 

I would need a citation for that one. Can you share peer-reviewed journal papers studying the body's natural capabilities to heal long-term blindness?

Just now, WellbeingSeeker said:

I would need a citation for that one. Can you share peer-reviewed journal papers studying the body's natural capabilities to heal long-term blindness?

What I'm saying is over your head 

1 minute ago, Lyubov said:

What I'm saying is over your head 

You are making a strong claim that our bodies have natural capabilities to heal themselves from long-term blindness. Please provide evidence that that's the case.

Check out the Joe Dispenza testimonials on YouTube, they are likely relevant for your project.