Raptorsin7

Understanding Dreams

38 posts in this topic

I've had this experience with my dreams for years now, and i'm curious if anyone has any understanding into this phenomena.

I sometimes have dreams with very interesting and captivating story lines. The dreams sometimes have elements that resemble my actual life, but usually there are some major differences. The main thing i notice about these dreams is how much better they are than my normal life. I remember just being captivated in the dream, and when i wake up i usually spend a few hours just going over the dream in my head because my life is so bad in comparison to how to interesting the dreams were.

Is there any value in analyzing these dreams, or is there something to learn here that i can take to improve my life?

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

"actual life" in reality is a very beautiful, awesome, mysterious and magnificent dream. There's no time if you look closely, its spontaneous, its shiny, magical and adventurous. 

That dream you speak of is really just a reflection of the dream you're living right now, minus your judgements, connotations, labels and traumas. Psychedelics show you how "actual life" is a dream, by showing you how perception morphs and twists just like a dream.

What you're seeing in "actual life" isn't actually "actual life" but the thoughts you have of "actual life". By letting them go, the dream you yearn, and the dream you see while asleep is revealed as the same thing as your waking life. 

Dreams are a good way of exploring the subconscious. I'll have pretty vivid DMT vision dreams sometimes, like a trip. Write down what you experience in them. This part of experience communicates more in symbols and metaphors though (occasionally directly) so don't overthink it and see what you can uncover about yourself :) 

@Nahm How do I uncover(and change) the beliefs that are preventing my waking state from being as engaging and captivating as the dream state?

Why would I choose to believe something that causes my life to be unappealing?

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Why would I choose to believe something that causes my life to be unappealing?

Because there is a bogus (negative feeling) belief about yourself which is not yet recognized. The mind repeats it, analyzes it, scrutiny’s it a hundred different ways trying to bring about better feeling. This is fruitless, because the focus is still upon that which does not feel good. The only resolve is letting it go, over and over. Think of how critical Gordon Ramsey is about wether a dish makes it to the pass or not, wether it goes to the customers or not. You need to be that on point with nipping any thought which does not feel good to you in the bud, immediately choosing the opposite, better feeling perspective, and or doing things that you like, that feel good to you. Things as simple as going for a walk, which you should be doing multiple times a day, to get some air and clear out the mind. When you do, put all attention on seeing, hearing, breathing, and feeling. This indirectly takes focus off thinking. 

There’s nothing whatsoever for the mind to do. There’s nothing to solve. The overactivity of the mind is functioning preventatively to the body releasing old emotion. You can not ‘fall for’ the narrative, the thoughts, that the mind generates. You must focus on seeing, hearing, feeling, breathing, and allow emotions to pour out. It will, don’t fall for believing any thought narrative when it does pour out. This is only about feeling & release. Thinking has zero to do with it, but will try to ‘get a hand in it’ every step of the way. Be strong with this intention, yet fluid and flexible, letting thought comes & pass. Focus elsewhere to do so. 

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How do I uncover(and change) the beliefs that are preventing my waking state from being as engaging and captivating as the dream state?

By what I mentioned above. There are facets of identity / separate self still attached to, and those are the thoughts coming up. Do attempt to ‘change beliefs’, let them go. Beliefs never solve beliefs. Truth is the Remedy. Awareness is curative. 

There are however, oodles of thoughts about you which do point to the truth of you. You are loved, infinitely. You are capable of loving, infinitely - with no end, and no bottom. You are cable of loving yourself without end or limit, (though that doesn’t make sense linguistically), it is true. You are formless in truth, and thus, immeasurably flexible & fluid. You are perfect as you are, and you are absolutely innocent as you are. Not one single thing needs to change about you, you are absolutely perfect, as you are. You are not bound to any idea or plan whatsoever, you can change anything, and can do so in alignment with what feels good to you. You do not have to be, think, or feel as anyone else suggests. You do not have to have concern whatsoever for what anyone thinks or says about you. You are a living breathing limitless potentiality. The worries of this day, or this stage do not define you, and will pass. You will feel your potential, as you let go of focusing on things (and thoughts are things) which do not feel good to you. 

19 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I've had this experience with my dreams for years now, and i'm curious if anyone has any understanding into this phenomena.

I sometimes have dreams with very interesting and captivating story lines. The dreams sometimes have elements that resemble my actual life, but usually there are some major differences. The main thing i notice about these dreams is how much better they are than my normal life.

You are taking the profoundly beautiful message of the dream, and honing in on the emotional variance, rather than the content, or getting the message. 

I remember just being captivated in the dream, and when i wake up i usually spend a few hours just going over the dream in my head because my life is so bad in comparison to how to interesting the dreams were.

The dream tells you life is awesome and amazing. You’re ‘telling the dream’ how terrible your life is. Stop volleying with God, you will not win. Let the shithead perspectives about you and your life go. None of it is true, none of it is in the direction of Truth. Sorry for that language you know I love you. 

Is there any value in analyzing these dreams, or is there something to learn here that i can take to improve my life?

Yes. Don’t think about this. Don’t poo poo it. Just do it without thinking. 

Keep a dream journal next to your bed. When you wake up, write the nuts and bolts of the dream down - and then drop it completely. Don’t give it a second thought. 

Then, later in the day, when the emotional response to the message of the dream has fully calmed, and you are clear headed...then go to the dream journal, and read what you wrote down - without projecting emotionally on it. Hold the perspective in mind... “The dream is saying - this - (whatever the content points to) is ok - everything is ok! Stop worrying about this!” 

Don’t “analyze it”. Take it like a message from a 5 years old. Be lighthearted and innocent enough to hear it. 

We don’t sleep. Sorry if that sounds shocking at all but it’s true. Sleep is a facade, completely illusory. The dreams are not happening during the night ‘while you’re sleeping’ - they are the product of infinite being, perfect peace, Oneness - reappearing as ‘you’. When you wake up, notice you are immediately ‘coloring’ or projecting onto the message of the dream. You need to do a complete 180 on that and listen to it. The ‘dream’ is occurring as you are waking upA simple way to say it - you’re going from perfect peace - to resuming all your bogus beliefs, and you don’t like how it feels, so you’re projecting it as “my life sucks”. No, it doesn’t. You’re just hyper aware of how terrible the beliefs feel. Let them go. Your life is awesome, even if you can not see it right now, it is. You’re awesome, even if you can’t see this right now, you are. 

You’re simply getting and experiencing more of what you’re focusing on. Many years of repetition of negative self beliefs have a momentum, and have distorted your experience of this place. Stop expecting immediate results, you need to feel one thought at a time, and choose to reverse this. Feeling will never align with thoughts. You tried like a champ, and it clearly ain’t gonna ever work. Start aligning thought, with feeling. Do tons of good feeling, relaxation oriented activities. Meditation, yoga, exercise, clean eating, clean reading, etc. If I may - lighten the fuck up and stop acting like anything serious is going on. It’s not, and that joke will always be on you. Don’t be a sucker, be sincere & lighthearted. Again - be flexible, you can change anything about your life - first though, relax, and let thought that don’t feel good to you go. Stop ‘falling for it’. 

While I’m preaching (sorry) - drop the narrative about “getting to happiness”, and psychedelics = “getting you there” / awakening, enlightenment, happiness. YOU ARE THAT. You ARE the happiness you’re looking for. I’m not saying don’t take them, I’m not saying do take them. I’m saying let the story that they will make you happy go. All that narrative is doing is reinforcing that “you’re not happy”, “that you need fixing”. It’s an immature narrative of avoidance perpetuating the sense of a separate self. 

All the clues you could ever need, are sensation. A perspective doesn’t feel good to you - drop it like it’s hot. You “don’t know what to do to feel better” - drop it. You don’t need to know, you don’t need to do anything. These are all stories the mind is spewing, which awareness is falling for. Just say outloud - “I don’t know, and that’s perfect”. Again, I love you, this community loves you. Stop dipping a toe on the slip & slide of thought which does not feel good to you. You put a pinky toe on it, and three days later you wake up in the ocean of it. Nip it at the bud. Master that, and you fully realize emotional mastery. There is never a problem with the world or who you - only, ever, and always - it’s a thought, which doesn’t feel good to you. The past is not a problem, the future is not a problem, who you are is not a problem - - - it’s the resistance, the contraction, the tension - and you can let it go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I just had a meditation session and tried to implement what you said.

I bring attention to breathing when I notice thoughts, and then I bring attention to feeling. I tried surrendering, and just tried to lay down without attempting to do anything. I repeated to myself, pick a better feeling thought, and I tried to think thoughts that felt good, I also tried to bring attention to feeling and think while feeling first. But I have no idea if this right, and I didn't get any noticeable relief or release aside from being a bit calmer and more clear after the hour.

Am I just going to repeat this over and over again until something clicks? I'm basically at the end of my ropes here, i'm pretty much open to anything. Should I just spend all day in bed meditating and walking around? 

Also, there isn't really anything I love or enjoy doing. Walks are nice, and I go for a walk almost every night, but it's the same pattern. I go for a walk, feel a bit better, or a bit motivated, and then it never lasts or leads to meaningful change. 

A lot of what you're saying sounds great if I were on the other end of feeling good. If I felt great then yeah everything you're saying sounds good. But right now feeling stuck, it just doesn't resonate at all idk.

@Nahm If I listen to feeling and drop all those narratives, I'm going to end up homeless on the streets ;)

Feeling wants me to walk in nature all day, just observe reality all day, not do any work all day... at this rate I'll get fired.

54 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nahm I just had a meditation session and tried to implement what you said.

I bring attention to breathing when I notice thoughts, and then I bring attention to feeling. I tried surrendering, and just tried to lay down without attempting to do anything. I repeated to myself, pick a better feeling thought, and I tried to think thoughts that felt good, I also tried to bring attention to feeling and think while feeling first. But I have no idea if this right, and I didn't get any noticeable relief or release aside from being a bit calmer and more clear after the hour.

Feeling calmer and more clear isn’t enough for you? Infinite Being is calm and clear. That is what “you’re” seeking. You felt Infinite Being. Drop your entitled attitude and selfish expectations. I love, that’s why I say this. Not trying to make you feel bad, trying to wake you, snap you out of this shitheadedness. 

Am I just going to repeat this over and over again until something clicks?

NO - you’ll just feel better and better the more you do so. There’s no “click”. Feeling better not enough for “you”? Again, I love. (Slaps face)

I'm basically at the end of my ropes here, i'm pretty much open to anything. Should I just spend all day in bed meditating and walking around? 

Do whatever feels good to - but for the love of God stop believing thoughts like “I’m at the end of my ropes”. Wake. Up. Dude. You don’t have to believe thoughts just because they arise. Monks have lit themselves on fire without flinching, and you’re “at the end of you ropes here”. What the fuck are you even thinking my man? Wake up! Again, I love. (Dumps bucket of cold water on you)

Also, there isn't really anything I love or enjoy doing. Walks are nice, and I go for a walk almost every night, but it's the same pattern. I go for a walk, feel a bit better, or a bit motivated, and then it never lasts or leads to meaningful change. 

Seriously. I can’t even. Just, no. 

A lot of what you're saying sounds great if I were on the other end of feeling good. If I felt great then yeah everything you're saying sounds good. But right now feeling stuck, it just doesn't resonate at all idk.

With love my friend, so what. Man up. Stop whining. (With an odd and risky love I say this)

This IS the dream - you’re free - you can do anything - and what you’re doing - is complaining!

?

(♥️)

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Nahm If I listen to feeling and drop all those narratives, I'm going to end up homeless on the streets ;)

Feeling wants me to walk in nature all day, just observe reality all day, not do any work all day... at this rate I'll get fired.

Had sessions with someone who said that too, almost word for word. He’s a park ranger / tree marker in Oregon now, and he’s one of the happiest people on this planet. Apparently. 

@Nahm  

55 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Feeling calmer and more clear isn’t enough for you? Infinite Being is calm and clear. That is what “you’re” seeking.

Yes. It's not enough. That's the path? More clarity and calm? 

56 minutes ago, Nahm said:

NO - you’ll just feel better and better the more you do so. There’s no “click”. Feeling better not enough for “you”? Again, I love. (Slaps face)

Feeling a bit better is not enough. I've done self help work in the past, and it wasn't just slightly feeling better and calmer. My entire life changed, and I was a different person. That's what I want. 

I don't mind being called a shit head, but it'd be great if there was a point or purpose. What you're saying is not resonating. 

It seems like we're just going round in circles. 

48 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Yes. It's not enough. That's the path? More clarity and calm? 

Yes, in the sense it feels good. 

48 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Feeling a bit better is not enough. I've done self help work in the past, and it wasn't just slightly feeling better and calmer. My entire life changed, and I was a different person. That's what I want. 

Do that. 

(Lovingly drops a Hoosiers call back)

@Nahm I dont know how to do it. 

The last time I did it I was really depressed, and now I'm depressed again so I guess I'm going in the right direction.

Raptorsin - I don’t want to confuse things for you because there’s a lot of excellent advice above.

I would just say accept all your thoughts even the negative ones and then let them go. You are not wrong for thinking a negative thought. You are not wrong for feeling down. Sometimes allowing yourself to sink into these feelings is the best form of release. Having awareness that these thoughts and feelings come from conditioning or life events is what’s important. Ask yourself which parts of your life are contributing. Focus less on wanting to feel good, that’s only making you resist what is and want to escape what you’re feeling now. Once you accept yourself exactly as you are now without judgement you might start seeing just a hint of light. 

@Treetalk So do I just sit with the feeling as it Is, whatever it is, for a long period?

What does this look like in practice?

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I dont know how to do it. 

The self help stuff you mentioned. You said it ‘worked’. Take a minute to remember what you did, and implement it again. That’s a way to go about things, if you need a way to go about things. 

But there isn’t anything you need to do to feel better at all. You’re believing there is, because you have beliefs about yourself which aren’t true, and therefore don’t feel good. Reality’s an unconditional mirror. You’re getting what you are wanting, and feeling how you are wanting to. It’s always up to you. There are no laws, nobody else has a hand in it. When you’re ready to let bogus beliefs about yourself go, you will. When you’re ready to stop being afraid, or to address your fears, you will. 

@Lenny They are always more interesting and engaging. Like in one of my recent dreams there was a party, and the host ended up being like a bond villian. 

It's hard to describe but I always remember waking up and feeling like I'd rather be there then where I'm at now.