anxious_turtle

University vs life purpose?

3 posts in this topic

Just finished school and I'm about to enter some random university to "study" computer science.

I got into programming mainly because my mother pressed me, since I had to get a "real job". I'm thankful for that.

And I actually lucked out and got a job.

Thing is, I want to study fine art at an atelier, which is expensive and would require me to travel abroad.

Should I just keep working at my current job, without going to uni, so that I save up money and have more time for art and spiritual work (and also more time for procrastination and addiction)?

I'm afraid that, if I lose my current job, I won't be able to find a new one due to not having a degree. What I have are two certificates from programming courses (one of them is currently lost, though -  oops) and like one-plus year of professional experience.

Parental disapproval, of course, goes without mention.

What is your opinion, guys? Should I risk it? Or should I take the "better save than sorry" route?

Also, excuse my blunt writing - didn't sleep well last night.

take what you love, not what your parent forcing you to do! 

of course, you're free to listen to them too but then again it's your free will, if you want a best-quality of life, you should be doing what you love! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Do you imagine yourself working in the field of Computer Science for decades? If not, then going to university for it will probably be a waste of time and money.

The question is really about what you want and how bad you want it. Are you really sure you want to study fine art? Did you take the Life Purpose Course? Because that can really help you find what you want, which may very well be fine art for you (or related).

Also "better safe than sorry" can turn into "safe and sorry" in a few years or decades ;)

Follow your heart but also be practical. Again the course can really help.

Use your free time wisely now and good luck mate!

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.