iceprincess

Hatha Yoga before Kriya Yoga?

12 posts in this topic

sadhguru says one should do hatha yoga before we practice kriya yoga to prepare our body for the intesne states of energy:

"If we want to do Kriya Yoga, we always prepare people with Hatha yoga because without the body being prepared, it will not be able to take higher dimensions of energy. It will break. It is just like if your pipe is not ready and you pump in too much force, something is bound to burst. Hatha yoga, so to speak, could be understood as preparation of the pipe." 

Thoughts? there's lots of people on the mega kriya yoga thread that might experience this excessive force like sadhguru's describing

I had a spontaneous awakening about two years ago. Along with that, I also became ungrounded which made me disassociate from my body and cause other problems. Now, I'm more fine and I'm grounding. My body is fine and I am safe. 

Just a perspective to throw out there, I am not really doing yoga that much besides the spontaneous yoga poses that come up from the awakening process. 

my body is definitely not broken

Genesis 27:27-29

Yes I like to do  Hatha/Yin Yoga or maybe just going for a walk before Kriya Yoga its really worth doing. It also help to get the body relaxed and fit to sit for longer periods, I am also able to concentrate easier when I do it.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Yeah, that's a good idea.

I like to do hatha yoga exercises or even simple streching before meditation (I don't do Kriya). The human body tends to get tensed if it is not used regulary/properly (i.e. sitting at a desk all day). I'm not really talking about preparing for intense energies, but the simple fact that it's much better meditating/doing yoga with a nice and relaxed loose body.

Kriya Yoga, I imagine being more powerful, is also way more subtler than Hatha Yoga. Probably somebody with 0 experience of Yoga jumping straight into Kriya won´t be able to appreciate the changes, so having experience in other form of yogas more physical probably is a good preparation for Kriyas and Pranayamas that are more subtle than just asanas.

@iceprincess Don't worry too soon about the huge energy from Kriya yoga. But do it if you have the time, it will increase your over-all well-being and actually boost your awareness A LOT and you will grow your consciousness faster. Any form of physical yoga is good, in other words any physical activity is good, but I don't think bodybuilding is very helpful in this work, I found that it stiffens the body very much. It kinda locks up a lot of inner energy.

Mahadev

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

won´t be able to appreciate the change

@Javfly33  Kriya works very well to any individual. But it all comes down to  whether the individual prefers doing Kriya yoga or other meditation forms. It does not matter what form of consciousness work you do, it just matter if you do it or not. There is no BEST thing, it's just what you choose to do, in my case I like doing Kriya and it's the best FOR ME, but im always open to new forms of meditation.

Mahadev

43 minutes ago, inFlow said:

@Javfly33  Kriya works very well to any individual. But it all comes down to  whether the individual prefers doing Kriya yoga or other meditation forms. It does not matter what form of consciousness work you do, it just matter if you do it or not. There is no BEST thing, it's just what you choose to do, in my case I like doing Kriya and it's the best FOR ME, but im always open to new forms of meditation.

No, there are definitely differences between practices.

For example, there is a lot of difference between Kundalini Yoga kriyas, and do-nothing meditation.

They are so far apart from each other it seems they would open two different dimensions.

Edited by Javfly33

Both are cool.

If anything it's Hatha Yoga which is causing bursts of energy, I rememeber fire going through my arms when doing the warrior pose. Like literally a sensation of something rapidly going through your hands out. Intense feeling.

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

No, there are definitely differences between practices.

End road is enlightenment, im not talking about different benefits it gives.

Mahadev

1 hour ago, inFlow said:

End road is enlightenment, im not talking about different benefits it gives.

@inFlow Of course, but for example (Ime) sometimes are certain roadblocks to enlightment. Depending on which are they depending the person, one practice or other might be actually more or less effective!

For example I have done hundreds of hours meditation, and it wasn't until I did for 1 month 3 hours of Kundalini Yoga a day that I healed / trascended traumas/beliefs of childhood which were a TREMENDOUS ROADBLOCK. Once that was healed, 90% of the identity I've been carrying for all my life went away in just 1 month.

The 10% is still huge lol, but I could never (in my case) done such progress meditating .

I'm sure meditation can be as intense, more, or less, depending on the stage you are or the personality you have but for example is definitely not as effective as breathing exercises to heal blocks of energy (I don't know how to call them lol I hope you understand what I mean) which Kundalini Yoga includes A LOT of them.