Mike Book

Rich kids have problems

29 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Okay, how should I deal with mind games of my parents?.

I've tried hustling all day long. But, I end up compromising other stuff of my life. Any ideas on building self-control?. I'm certainly ready to do my best but I can't work relentlessly.

@innerchild You seem to have a pretty good experience with programming and IT, judging from other threads. You can probably easily get some software job even in India and move out, working on other skills that resonate with you more on spare time and move to the new stuff eventually

@Mike Book Thanks for letting me know the keyword 'tone-of-voice'. I was looking for it for months. Why do you wanna go for college degree?. To acquire knowledge and make connections or just for discarding social insecurity you have?. I was thinking of doing my college for self-esteem issues. I feel very regretful about missing out on my studies.

@innerchild  You seem to have gathering a ton of knowledge but not taking the action from it. I think if you focus on taking action (plan out stuff and continuously execute things that ACTUALLY get you to the goal (24\7 learning doesn't do it)) I believe you can improve your situation drastically.

About degrees. To be honest, I don't buy too much into that even for India. I'm sure even in India you don't have to have a degree to have a fairly simple good software engineering job. Even if they list it in the "preferred" section, just apply anyway and don't be lazy about it. Don't send 10 applications, send 100-300 applications (and do it in a smart way, optimize your resume and your portfolio for the job)
Apply to a different city listings if necessary (and actually go do it, you'll break the family chains even faster by moving cities). 

From what I've seen so far, your main problem is the lack of execution and practicality. Too much complacency and giving up easily when some obstacle comes up. You don't need to go get 4 years of degree to be able to get an entry job in anything, lol. If you have little knowledge you can just study for 6 month and then you are ready to apply. I learned the design from absolute scratch and got my job in 6 months with decently average pay for the location. I am sure you can do it in pretty much any field, probably way faster if you have some prior background in that.

Just get out of the rut and go do stuff, bro. You'll feel good when you start taking massive action

Edited by Hello from Russia

@innerchild Just to add my 2 cents to the conversation: You're giving the sense that your parents are manipulating you, that they are messing with your mind. No one can mess with your mind, or influence you like that. It's you aligning with their suggestions, that causes the 'my mind being messed with'. You not accepting what they send out to you, and you won't be affected.
That being said, definitely do get the hell out of there and follow your sense of passion:)

@Mike Book Use it as a time to invest in yourself. I'm in a similar situation but I use the time and lack of expenses to build my youtube channel. It can be a great way to explore skills and find what you want. Some Dan Pena may be of use to you ;) 

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

On 6/8/2020 at 8:18 AM, innerchild said:

@Leo Gura Okay, how should I deal with mind games of my parents?.

I've tried hustling all day long. But, I end up compromising other stuff of my life. Any ideas on building self-control?. I'm certainly ready to do my best but I can't work relentlessly.

Ignore it and focus on doing your thing until you're able to move out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.