lmfao

Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (no spoilers here)

9 posts in this topic

Explicitly obvious non-duality themes in it. I could tell you how but it would give the game away. It's literally asking the question of, is duality worth it. Whilst ideally I wouldn't even say that last sentence to taint your impression of the show, I have to say/reveal something to get you interested. Of course this won't all come together until you watch all of it , and the show takes an outlandish but great turn at the end. Since I'm not giving spoilers, this thread/topic will seem pointless but I'm dead serious. The metaphor present in the show for the themes I'm alluding to isn't indirect, it's extremely direct. 

Watch the anime TV series, then the "The End of Evangelion" film. That's my TLDR message to anyone who wants to get into the series but is confused by the multitude of movies with it. If you do watch it, watch the show with a blank mind, without my beliefs.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The way Leo described the singularity and the fragments of god in his latest video basically explicitly mirrors the literal plot of Evangelion by the end of it. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Cool, thanks! Gonna take a look at it.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The series is an emotional, psychological, existential, and philosophical. The show feels like a psychedelic trip, especially toward the end and most especially in End of Evangelion. I first watched it many years ago before I had any interest in spirituality or psychedelics. Rewatching it more recently gave me an entirely different take.

Here's a spoiler-free quote to give a tiny glimpse

Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality, and truth lies in your heart. The contents of a person's heart shapes their appearance, and new images will change their hearts and their forms. The power of imagination is the power to create your own future, and the power to create your own flow of time.

Hey OP, take a look for Serial Experiments Lain, I think you will also like.

@ewerson18 will do

@lmfao Nice, I will check it out. I see many good comments on it. 

I also see many animes having spirituality, Mysticism, Magick, conspiracies and the mechanics of survival behind it or as a main theme. It makes me wonder if some of the creators of these series are  enlightened and know what its all about. Like, I have seen series present most of the knowledge I have and Leo speaks of in a subliminal way. Im like wtf. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

5 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

It makes me wonder if some of the creators of these series are  enlightened and know what its all about.

Yeah for real, they gotta be. Especially in FMAB, its straight up non-duality with a character called God/Truth saying that it is everyone and everything

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

Yeah for real, they gotta be. Especially in FMAB, its straight up non-duality with a character called God/Truth saying that it is everyone and everything

Ok, now I want to watch FMAB too ... hahaha... I need more free time to watch all those great animes!

;)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16