Aquarius

how to protect yourself from pregnancy (unpopular opinion)

27 posts in this topic

Hey so I was wondering if any of you guys are on the same page as me?

When it comes to sex I think the only way to fully protect yourself is to not do it. Or only do it when you are financially stable and in a good relationship with someone you love. Why do I say this?

Because literally any protection that you use during intercourse can go wrong, there's no 100% protection with anything. I read a book called Sex for dummies, or something similar, not sure if that was the title. Anyway, it mentioned a couple where both were sterilized and still the woman got pregnant. The protection was probably 200%, yet it happened. I guess you can combine pills with condom and do it like that, but in reality there's no 100% way to stay safe from pregnancy. Unless you don't do it at all.

And there are so many ways to make love, not just to insert your penis inside a vagina. So many things you can do in bed, you don't have to limit yourself. Then there is oral sex and handjob too, which can be so much better sometimes. I don't think many guys would say no.

So what do you think about this, guys?

I also talk about it on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-wONXZNuE

Birth pills 

That's what I do.. 

Some men don't enjoy condoms.. My boyfriend doesn't like condoms. 

So I have to use the pill

(even with pills there is a risk of pregnancy, one can't be 100% sure. Even with condoms. None is really very safe. I don't know any other method.)

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India There are thousands of methods. You just have to research it. 

I heard the pill is even better than the condom. 

@Aquarius  don't know much about all this 

I'm just glad that I didn't get pregnant the last time lol. :D

I would want pregnancy only if I'm married and fully settled. I don't want to be pregnant till then.. So no choice other than birth pills. 

@Aquarius  

Other thing that you can try is anal sex. 

I have tried that sometimes. 

If you actually track your period cycle, there is only certain times of the month when you could get pregnant, when the egg has been released (fertile window)  most people don’t know or understand this.  There is a certain time window when the egg is waiting to be fertilised, (in this time you could refrain from sex)  then when it’s not fertilised that’s when you get your period.  The pill stops the egg from being released, so usually when people get pregnant on the pill, it’s because they weren’t taking it constantly or skipped some days etc. 

Once you learn and understand the different phases of menstrual cycle you can see when you are at most risk to get pregnant.  

https://www.yourfertility.org.au/everyone/timing

i have an period tracking app (called ‘flo’) it’s good and you can record different feelings and symptoms you have throughout the cycle, and can compare from previous months :)  

Edited by intotheblack

@intotheblack yea they say that it's kind of 10 days before the onset of the period.. Correct me I'm wrong. 

I tried to use this method but I was too scared to continue it. It just felt so unstable and insecure. 

My friend actually tried this period technique and she had no precautions and she got pregnant. 

Edited by Preety_India

3 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

Ive heard a lot of stories where the man would refuse to pull out and want to cum inside, which I think is very careless.

Yea that would be scary. 

@Aquarius 

There are protections against pregnancy that are about 99.9% effective. But yea, the only 100% effective protection would be to not engage in sexual activity. Yet even with that, there is a 0.0000001% chance a woman would find a sneaky way to get some of my sperm without me knowing and insert it into her vagina.

That is true, abstinence is the best way to not get pregnant.

But there's really no chance of getting pregnant with a condom unless the condom breaks.

Tantra is great too :) Magnifying your senses and fully feeling everything. The idea of becoming a celibate Hare Krishna monk is becoming more appealing to me by the day. 

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

@intotheblack @Preety_India Nono no don't try the fertile window method! It's unsafe because every fertile window is different! Every woman has it differently, some even have fertile window on their period, some right after period, others 10 days after period, others have irregular ovulation, you never know when you ovulate please be safe.

Also precum can contain sperm. 

@Preety_India This is the best book on fertility that you can buy. Using the methods described is very tricky though and takes constant tracking of every little symptom, so I think you are better off with the pill.

https://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0062326031

My aim is not to scare anyone though, so sorry if it seemed that way. The actual message of the video was to only engage in sexual activity when you have financial stability and a partner you can trust. Because accidents happen. Shit happens. 

I agree with @SgtPepper , the condom is safe if it's not broken. And if it's broken you just take a plan-B. 

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet even with that, there is a 0.0000001% chance a woman would find a sneaky way to get some of my sperm without me knowing and insert it into her vagina.

Lmao. :DO.o 

There are an endless combination of contraceptives you can use to keep the chances of getting pregnant extremely low, and then if by some divine stroke of God you somehow get pregnant and really don't want a child, you can get an abortion. Which of course may or may not be an option depending on your willingness to do it, or if it's even legal where you live.

I wouldn't abandon sex for so many years because of some ridiculously small statistical chance. Live a little.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

It all depends on your man :) I never use protection and she never got pregnant if we didn't want to.

If the man uses condoms it gets much easier. But sigh. 

I wasn't saying "don't make love", I was just bringing awareness to an unpopular opinion. You guys do as you wish.  

Many are not aware that accidents happen even with the pill or the condom. Many used both, I read in facebook groups. If it's 1 in 1000, then in a city of 35,000 people there are 35 or more women getting pregnant, IF they used the condom properly, but some don't use it properly and then the rate is 80% or less. And personally I'd have abortion if it ever happened.. but I wouldn't know if my partner agreed. And it's very traumatizing for some women. Maybe I'd want a child in the future, but I'd feel guilty. And maybe I'd get miscarriages if the abortion hurt my organs. It's not so easy like, "meh im getting an abortion, nothing special". You can also die from abortion.

It's true, you can use combinations of methods. Just be prepared with a plan for when an accident happens, if it happens. I never had accidents happen either, but I had missing periods which scared me really badly. 

Again, just bringing awareness. I don't mean to scare people into not having sex. I have sex with a condom only and I just hope nothing happens. *shrug* I'm not so scared of statistics, but I thought you guys needed to know more about what happens to some people.

Edited by Aquarius

On 07/06/2020 at 10:20 AM, Preety_India said:
On 07/06/2020 at 9:03 AM, Aquarius said:

Hey so I was wondering if any of you guys are on the same page as me?

When it comes to sex I think the only way to fully protect yourself is to not do it. Or only do it when you are financially stable and in a good relationship with someone you love. Why do I say this?

Because literally any protection that you use during intercourse can go wrong, there's no 100% protection with anything. I read a book called Sex for dummies, or something similar, not sure if that was the title. Anyway, it mentioned a couple where both were sterilized and still the woman got pregnant. The protection was probably 200%, yet it happened. I guess you can combine pills with condom and do it like that, but in reality there's no 100% way to stay safe from pregnancy. Unless you don't do it at all.

And there are so many ways to make love, not just to insert your penis inside a vagina. So many things you can do in bed, you don't have to limit yourself. Then there is oral sex and handjob too, which can be so much better sometimes. I don't think many guys would say no.

So what do you think about this, guys?

I also talk about it on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-wONXZNuE

Birth pills 

This works but its not the healthiest choice. I saw studies on side effects and even a change in libido as well as attraction to a man on vs off. 

When it comes to hookups, i am a bachelor, and I have no intention at the present moment of any accident or child support. I take 100% ownership. I don't take rubbers from anybody. I don't care for someone saying that they are on the pill. Oral, anal, and not blowing in a girl has worked for me. 

I met a girl on a app during pandemic. She reached for condoms and i reacted like she reaching for a glock. We never saw each other again :( hah. Probably should have reacted better.

@Onemanwolfpac Sounds like you are taking good responsibility. And what do you mean not blowing in a girl? You have sex without a condom? That used to work for me too, but I heard precum has small amounts of sperm. Insignificant amounts, but pull-out is not the safest method. Just do a 69,