Aquarius

Reality is basically a hallucination

27 posts in this topic

We cannot know what is real, because the only thing that's real is coming through our senses. Even the colour on the apple isn't "real", your brain translates the lighwaves reflecting from it into the colour red. How do we know what is everything, or anything is? Or if it exists at all.?

Or even the shape of the Earth. You haven't ever seen the world, just get told by the media how it looks like and you trust that. But you never saw the earth. I'm not starting a conspiracy theory here, just doing a thought experiment. ;) I hope you guys get the insight. :) 

Edited by Aquarius

@Aquarius I had this insight too. I call it a "collective hallucination", where everyone can agree on how things look and how physical laws are etc.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

How do we know what is everything, or anything is? Or if it exists at all.?

By becoming conscious that you are ...  

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

We cannot know what is real, because the only thing that's real is coming through our senses.

That’s true, thus, there’s no ‘we’, no our, no ‘coming through’, & no senses.

2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Even the colour on the apple isn't "real", your brain translates the lighwaves reflecting from it into the colour red. How do we know what is everything, or anything is? Or if it exists at all.?

By inspecting it. Where’s this “brain” “translating” in direct experience? Not a thought story from a “past”, but present. Point to “translating”. 

Are you separate from air, from breathing? Is “it” “keeping you alive”? Where is this “you” which is “being kept alive”? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What scares me are the implications of this notion. If I am literally in a dream right now, then I am not texting a message and there is nobody who will read this. my family do not exist, none of my girlfriend's existed, the human race doesent exist, the earth doesn't exist and spirituality doesn't exist.

Like...what the fuck. Right now I'm like "how the fuck does that make sense and where is this dream occuring?" Of course leo answered that question, he says it's occuring nowhere, like a night time dream. I think it's gonna take some longer 5meo retreats to start to realize that reality is a dream (if it is)

23 minutes ago, dimitri said:

By becoming it ?

(of course we already it, but you can become conscious that you are ...) 

How?

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That’s true, thus, there’s no ‘we’, no our, no ‘coming through’, & no senses.

By inspecting it. Where’s this “brain” “translating” in direct experience? Not a thought story from a “past”, but present. Point to “translating”. 

Are you separate from air, from breathing? Is “it” “keeping you alive”? Where is this “you” which is “being kept alive”? 

I'm really confused. Because I had awakenings where I became aware that I don't exist. 

@Aaron p since there is only "dreaming" there is no difference between real or imaginary. 
You can say nothing truly exists or everything exists.
You can say "I am alone" or "I am everything".
It's really up to you, whatever you prefer ;)  

5 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I'm really confused. Because I had awakenings where I became aware that I don't exist. 

What does that even mean, “don’t exist”? What’s nonexistence? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Aquarius everyone has unique path in "how". Leo videos, psychedelics, meditation, wim hof breathing, etc...

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What does that even mean, “don’t exist”? What’s nonexistence? 

I don't know. I just became aware that everything that is real is within my experience, and there is nothing beyond that. And the one, "me", looking and experiencing the world, or seeing through my eyes, doesn't exist. Only experience is. It's all experience and no experiencer. 

9 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Aaron p since there is only "dreaming" there is no difference between real or imaginary. 
You can say nothing truly exists or everything exists.
You can say "I am alone" or "I am everything".
It's really up to you, whatever you prefer ;)  

Yes but in my current awareness I don't see all of these, I only see that I am on a chair and replying to you. I hear some sounds, see some images, that's all of my reality.

3 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Or even the shape of the Earth. You haven't ever seen the world, just get told by the media how it looks like and you trust that. But you never saw the earth. I'm not starting a conspiracy theory here, just doing a thought experiment. ;) I hope you guys get the insight. :) 

Absolutely. It's just a concept, a thought, a collection of "data" without real experience. Everything we learn is just mental noise, a story.

The only thing that is real is Us. We are real, as the formless perceiver. All else is just concept or random ever-changing experiences.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

"We cannot know what is real, because the only thing that's real is coming through our senses. Even the colour on the apple isn't "real", your brain translates the lighwaves reflecting from it into the colour red. How do we know what is everything, or anything is? Or if it exists at all.?"

Well. My brain is imaginary.

So it cannot in ACTUALITY be my brain that is making me see red.

It must be something I do to myself. And I am all that exist. I am creating the colour red.  So in that sense, the colour red I'm seeing, when looking at an apple, is real enough. ;) It's my own doing. taaaaaaa-dahhhhhhhhh

<3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

10 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Even the colour on the apple isn't "real", your brain translates the lighwaves reflecting from it into the colour red.

This is false. Your brain doesn't exist and it is not translating anything.

The color of the apple is real.

All raw sensations are Absolute Truth.

Color is not an interpretation. Your mind is projecting a conceptual scheme on top of raw sensation. 

How do we know what is everything, or anything is?

By becoming directly conscious of it.

This is possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The color of the apple is real.

Impossible if you say "everything is imaginary" which you do.
So if apples are imaginary how can their color be real? 

Leo Gura
Ultimately, at rock bottom, everything is imaginary.

Edited by Nak Khid

10 hours ago, Aquarius said:

We cannot know what is real, because the only thing that's real is coming through our senses. Even the colour on the apple isn't "real", your brain translates the lighwaves reflecting from it into the colour red. How do we know what is everything, or anything is? Or if it exists at all.?

"Reality" is a hypothetical concept. 

The way it is used in everyday life it means "predictable outcome".   

Reality is a best guess at an outcome

@Nak Khid You are getting real close to getting kicked out of here.

Humble yourself. Stop acting like a smartass.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nak Khid

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Impossible if you say "everything is imaginary" which you do.
So if apples are imaginary how can their color be real? 

All that is being played here is word games

What Leo is trying to do here is point to something that can’t be describe with language 

Everything is imaginary in the sense that it is generated by consciousness and nothing escapes consciousness   

To quote the main man Terence McKenna 

“There is a transcendental dimension beyond language... It's just hard as hell to talk about!”

Reality and imagination are in a sense arbitrarydistinctions of consciousness  

Neither exist, but both exist  

11 hours ago, Aaron p said:

where is this dream occuring?"

Within itself.