AlwaysBeNice

Power of Christianity

39 posts in this topic

I can't stress enough how Christianity has helped me in my life.. A lot of Christians take it for granted. They don't understand that Christianity has some beautiful nuggets for life and humanity in general. Only if all the Christians tried to be true Christians. Christian values are awesome. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The problem with church is that it is all based on dummy tools. Tools were good but understanding is being gradually lost so tools are also losing its value. It is better than nothing (for some people) but priest aren't highly developed - some are green at max. Yellow exaples are very very rare. It's like listening to radio instead of finding real music.

There is a HUGE distinction between Christianity and Christ.

Christianity will ultimately never bring you to Christ because the institution made sure that the only path to salvation is to worship Christ.  Staring at the man pointing to the moon rather than to the moon within you.  

Edited by Tanz

2 hours ago, Username said:

I say all argumentation whether or not the church is good is irrelevant, what church, whom, where. Stop talking like a child behind the computer.

I am saying, this path can be used excitingly, greatly, to destroy the lost dog ego and truly live.

There is enough goodness in the bible to help a christian, that is easy.

What is exciting about this path, truly, is spiritual warfare, related to real suffering and real feeling good, yes that sounds bananas, if you would have told me 2 weeks ago I could write this I would be made very uncomfortable, but I can see the goodness in it now.

What is spiritual warfare, it is taking your spiritual practice into action, calling out the devil in real life or healing the devil with truth and right speech and not give into to your own arrogance.

True it can be done with mere presence if you are a total jnani, but before that, and it already happens, but before that you can pray for people in need irl and talk with them, try to help them, doesn't matter if it works immediately, someone cared for them, that is enough. 

I guarantee you, such acts of courage and love and worship will fasten your spiritual procress immediately, the real trick is to be selfless, have it not be about you for once, sacrifice the act without needing result. And god has patience and all will reap results in due time.

This will make you truly alive, and will go much faster than internet studying.

Research these mad christian devoted pastors a bit, they maybe crazy to some degree and not totally good in understanding, but they are practicing really passionately and that's powerful, they are like strong spiritual force in action in our society, fascinating to watch on youtube as well, and totally biased towards the good, so very good, sure beats legue of legends if you ask me, heh..

On 6/9/2020 at 11:48 AM, Nak Khid said:

@AlwaysBeNice 

To say "You are God" is that Christian? 

7 hours ago, Aaron p said:

No Christians believe to claim that you are God is of the devil. Of course there's a very fine line between an enlightened one speaking the truth of their realization that they are God, and an inflated ego thinking that it is so brilliant that it is God. The devil and Jesus both claimed to be Good in Christianity...and so it's nearly impossible to talk about it and figure it out that way. 

do you have a quote from the bible where the devil is claiming to be good? 

Also if we look at the statement "You are God",  if that is true I am God. If I am God why do I have to realize it? 
You're telling me God doesn't know he's God?  If I created everything how would I not know that? 

And why sin't the statement  "we are God"  or   "Everything is God" or "5 Meo DMT is God"? 
And keep in mind if these three statements are to considered the same then God is not only good but everything including love. hate, apathy and everything else

That last post surely is the weirdest thing I ever wrote, but these new wave of Christian's, passionate with holistic understanding, how powerful man, Todd White is another, they know Dan too.

And I am not saying simple christian religion is good and psychedelic hippy bad, or what ever, but this profound, what is true is true and what works works for the sake of happiness is important.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, Nahm said:

Religion is so good at weeding out the ego, that it doesn’t even realize it’s believing in “religion”. Impressive, imo.  

Not sure what you mean.

But commiting yourself to a religion or using a religion can indeed be extremely transforming for the good.

Perhaps also because you connect yourself to a field of devotees.

Also powerpoints and support structures, and wisdom.

Buddhism calls it's streams vehicles.

I enjoyed Christianity much better when I let go of the hell and other people going there belief.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I agree. I also appreciate Christianity significantly and even identify as Christian.

Sure mainstream Christianity can be dogmatic, but I do not practice it that way. I find value in the commandments, sin theology, and words of St. Paul.

I simply prefer the narrative and label of spiritual experience versus other traditions too. 

and if you read the work of saints like St. Augustus and St. Francis, you will see how devoted and enlightened spiritual Christians were. 

You have to be careful what kind of Christians you are listening to as well. Just cause someone identifies as Christian does not mean they received the message. Just think of the Westboro Baptist Church for an extreme example.

There are a range of Christians are there, it's the most populated religion. There needs to be nuance when studying this religion. Speaking from experience, most people do not actually look at the foundation or early christian movements. 

I personally, think American pastors are poor when it comes to experiential knowledge of "Christ Consciousness".

Look into the monastic Christians like the Franciscans, early Eastern Orthodox Christians, and mystics in Christianity. They make American pastors look like children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_of_Siena

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

Ye but you shouldn't speculate about that. Meet them, love them, talk with them, odds are they are relatively developed even, they are actually the shamans of our culture.

And with spiritual warfare I don't mean over the top nonsense, it's so easy to put some macho or specialness ego into that world and term, it's the same practice of authenticity and surrender to God essentially at, only mixed with real life action, talking. Of course really easy to get your ego involved and dumb it all up, but that's the practice also of self discovery to serve this process, put that ego on the cross into the world and see the results by mercy, for you.

One example, of spiritual warfare, could be going on the street at night where it's relatively safe, like in weekend night when they are intoxicated and looking for people that may want your help, or people who look for fights or conflict, but practicing just being as open as possible to them, all of it, your fear what ever, but not returning any hate or conflict, or even better love.

Not saying you should look to get in trouble, but see how powerful this sadhanna could be? And how relevant.

Because we don't live in desert spiritual or traditional India, though they are quite industrialized as well at some point in this case, which doesn't even mean better.

Well well, i binged watched these street pastors, and back to being a hindu hippy we go, much better.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

Christianity is pure evil.  There, I said it.

66 posts and said on 6/12 6:24 pm

Nice one satan.

We know all of this stuff is real, angry spirits, law of attraction. It can work for or against us, but none of it has to scare you, all of it is to serve your relationship with love and God, use the name of God for good, use your body for love.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, AlwaysBeNice said:

We are seriously fortunate to be based in a tradition which has this religion as it's basis.

I know, we are spiritual and we have learned to be above it, right, learned all about it's limitations and dogmas, falsehood.

But the core is actually based on Love and Oneness with God and the Holy spirit, surrender and sacrifice.

That's immense, even that these words exist and are and can be used in the first place, seriously.

We shouldn't condemn the tradition, you can see it's based in truth with the understanding, i.e. you will live in hell if you cannot love life or god, you see.

With right practice of love, and prayer (and being still), Christianity is immensely powerful.

Yes often they separate themselves from God, which is also true if they are talking about the false ego, that idea is unreal and not good or god you see.

I've recently come across Dan Mohler and Todd White.

Really amazing they are devoted to living this, I think especially Dan is really advanced, this video, though i am only 40 minutes in, is a great example.

And ye, you don't have to Jesus so literally, but it can be positively seen as a symbol or even symbol of righteousness and surrender in unconstitutional love and still quite amazing there for, real story or not, the symbol can be still pure.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/unity-bible-verses/

I use to be a fundamentalist Christian. Then I gained a health condition and found universalism. And for the longest I didn't understand what faith was as in the Bible. But then I took some psychedelics 2c-b and 4-aco-dmt and I learned what faith meant then. For me faith now means - "Now faith is the assurance that we can overcome anything within reason, because our imagination can go anywhere, despite our circumstances."

Dorre is interesting to watch. It's preaching anti-, like gay also sometime. It's controversial, I think sometimes gays can be natural, and sometimes, it can be the result of wicked ego, in which case, yeah, that falls into the category of devilish. 

Interesting to watch for sure, and he's improving also I feel

On 6/9/2020 at 11:48 AM, Nak Khid said:

To say "You are God" is that Christian? 

Kind of.... The doctrine of Imago Dei (common to Christianity, Judaism, and Sufism) says we are made "in the image and likeness of God" with an incredibly detailed theology that has been developed over the centuries around how to make sense of that. Though honestly, I don't think going through all of those particulars is very illuminating on its own. Instead, I find two quotes by St. Paul to be more instructive:

Galatian 2:20 says "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Philippians 2:5 says "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."

Edited by Boethius