Kalki Avatar

What guru and lineage has created the most enlightened students?

49 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Get out of such silly games altogether.

Are you speaking from the heart or the mind? What the mind believes today may change tomorrow, maybe one day you will ask a similar question. Or maybe you will talk about the weather or politics or movies. The heart will not judge, it is interested in you and values your experience.

@Seraphim I am talking about the "more enlightened" ego race. It's helpless.

unborn Truth

Adyashanti

Adyashanti’s enlightenment in his own words:

‘I had spiritual or mystical experiences from the time I can remember.’ … ‘I would walk around not knowing who I am, the identity had dropped away and I felt like emptiness looking through my own eye balls and feeling this incredible intimacy or oneness with everything around me.’ … ‘I had this intuition, that I am going to day at age 25 and I thought it was going to be physical death.’ … ‘I was sitting and meditating and trying intentionally having this breakthrough.’ … ‘I knew I couldn’t sustain this intensity indefinitely.’ … ‘One day I sat down … I focused all my will … right at this moment I had this insight ‘I can’t do this.’ … It was complete defeat.’

Adyashanti (Sanskrit word meaning "primordial peace"; born Steven Gray on October 26, 1962) is an American spiritual teacher and author from the San Francisco Bay Area who offers talks, online study courses, and retreats in the United States and abroad. He is the author of numerous books, CDs and DVDs and, together with his wife Mukti, is the founder of Open Gate Sangha, Inc., a nonprofit organization established in 1996 which supports and makes available his teachings.

In his 20s, Gray studied Zen Buddhism under the guidance of his Zen teacher Arvis Joen Justi for fourteen years. Justi was a female student of  Maezumi Roshi of the Zen Center of Los Angeles. Gray was regularly sent by Arvis to Zen sesshin retreats, where he also studied under Jakusho Kwong Roshi of the Sonoma Mountain Zen Center.

A few times a year, the organization also holds retreats, including a six-day silent meditation retreat.

Students invited to teach

Adyashanti, like his teacher, has invited several of his students to "share the Dharma", which means independently teach to other students. Students are considered suitable for teaching once they reach what Adyashanti considers adequate spiritual maturity.

Maezumi Roshi

Hakuyū Taizan Maezumi ( 1931– 1995) was a Japanese Zen Buddhist teacher and rōshi, and lineage holder in the Sōtō, Rinzai, and Sanbo Kyodan traditions of Zen. He combined the Rinzai use of kōans and the Sōtō emphasis on shikantaza in his teachings, influenced by his years studying under Hakuun Yasutani in Sanbo Kyodan. He founded or co-founded several institutions and practice centers, including the Zen Center of Los Angeles, White Plum Asanga, Yokoji Zen Mountain Center and the Zen Mountain Monastery.

Taizan Maezumi left behind twelve dharma successors, appointed sixty-eight priests and gave Buddhist precepts to more than five hundred practitioners. Along with Zen teachers like Shunryū Suzuki, Seungsahn, and Hsuan Hua, Maezumi greatly influenced the American Zen landscape. Several Dharma Successors of his—including Tetsugen Bernard Glassman, Dennis Merzel, John Daido Loori, Jan Chozen Bays, Gerry Shishin Wick, Joko Beck, and William Nyogen Yeo—have gone on to found Zen communities of their own.

Maezumi died on May 15, 1995 while visiting his family in Japan. He had been out drinking; returning home, he took a bath, where he fell asleep and drowned. Not long before dying, he had given inka (dharma transmission) to Tetsugen Bernard Glassman. 

@AlwaysBeNice  unless you have had direct contact with and experience with Bentinho, which clearly you haven't, truth would be represented better if one didn't swallow false propaganda and paint a spiritual leader as a devil. All you are propagating is factually incorrect and is just opinion especially since you've had no direct experience or contact with the teacher. People do the same thing to Teal Swan for example. None of it is truthful and accurate. Unless one of them is propagating violence, rape, and the like as "love", it does not serve anything good to judge or demonize a leader based on propaganda or opinion. Better to be able to shift through and discard that which is not uplifting. Throwing the baby out with the bath water is too easy. People have even done that with Leo.

Better way is to sift through, ignore stuff that doesn't resonate but keep an open mind while developing intuition. At least that's the way I operate. LIke a gold miner - sifting through, getting the gold from each spiritual teacher. So if Leo is a gold mine and I see some rubble in the mine, I don't stay focused on the rubble and judge it, I look past it and focus on getting the gold to utilize for alchemy towards enlightenment. Some mines can be traps permanently or intermittently. Know when to get out.  I "exit" a mine if there's too much smoke and mirrors or hazards. Too much judgment, condemnation, aggression, spiritual ego pride, etc. is too many hazards.  And then one has to ignore the other potential miners, which is what I try to do here so I don't get too distracted.

The real problem is not the spiritual teachers or leaders, it's that humans completely stop searching for real Truth and think one teacher has the keys to all Truth. Unwise to only listen to one teacher or think a teacher is not needed at all to reach a point where one is not needed. One is best served to develop internal guidance system, discernment and intuition, otherwise one can fall into traps and delay progress towards enlightenment. 

Judging or gulping propaganda regarding a spiritual teacher or leader is too much distraction. They are doing their best. 

I've had the unfortunate experience of  being inside a fundamentalist blue stage cult where real hate, false teaching, manipulation and actual control exists. If you want to see real devilry or evil, look there for examples. 

@ajasatya that's the way I look at it too -- just stop looking at the "more enlightened" ego race altogether. 

Edited by wordsforliving

rank the following living teachers on wokeness  (don't take too seriously) 

(initial order alphabetical) (add or subtract names ass you see fit,  or also include negative rankings) 

Adyashanti
Swami Avdheshanand
Martin Ball
Dali Lama ( current Tenzin Gyatso)
Jeff Foster
Leo Gura
Thích Nhất Hạnh
Bentinho Massaro
Jed McKenna
Mooji
Peter Ralston
Ramaji 
Sadhguru
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Shinzen
 Shunyamurti
Rupert Spira
Eckhart Tolle

Also check out this nicely done list:
https://www.stillnessspeaks.com/teachers/

Edited by Nak Khid

sidharta gautama - if you ask for the lineage you get entangled in religious conversation about better or worse.

every teacher speaks truth and every teacher speaks untruths - if you cannot decide stay with what influenced all of them - which is who and who is probably most likely the buddha.

Edited by remember

Doesn’t really matter who has really, all that matters is what can help you most realise your own true nature, and rest in absolute peace and happiness. 

For me it was working 1-1 with my teacher and RASA transmissions over a 10 month period, I still work with her now mainly on integration + Wanting to delve deeper into the Enneagram (so fucking interesting, honestly)

I recommend the above to any serious seeker wanting to awaken, other people recommend other means, so just follow what path your heart desires. 

I do believe there is a more optimAl way then the current Guru talking to a big crowd kind of scene we have in non-duality, I gst it’s hard to cater for a huge audience, I just think look at sport, you will get so much more out of a 1-1 session with a coach, then a session you share with 15 other people. 

Working with a teacher allows you to address your issues and personal blockages, and your process, not the guys 3 seats down from you. 

Just my 2 cents, if it doesn’t resonate, follow another path :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

some of yall need to drop the guru worship circle jerk trying to figure out who is over 9000 xD I don't know half of the people being talked about in this thread and with good reason. Just cause someone is awake they suddenly have something original or valuable to share... lol nah... be your own guru

Edited by Lyubov

Sometimes an intermediate teacher is more effective teaching a beginner than an advanced teacher is. 

And sometimes advanced knowledge is dangerous for someone who has not attained a certain level of mastery.

@Nak Khid Look for bentinho on instagram, he follows Sri sadguru and gives credit to him on adding value to his enlightenment. I asked him to recommend me some book and he told me to read master key of self realization from Sri sadguru, which I recommend. 

Where do you think he got the 4 bodies map teaching? 

Screenshot_20200608_004248.jpg

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@AlwaysBeNice He was younger at that time and overall is doing good. His enlightenment should be more mature by now. Remember, the guy started pretty young and the fire of all those energies at such age plus the ego have a tremendous influence. 

I like him most because he is an example to the youth. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@ajasatya Thanks for the advice! But, im not trying to play games. You guys are so used to all the ego games in here, that you instantly suppose this is another one without inspecting the case first. 

Im actually looking for valuable recommended teachings with massive results. There are a few guys that have been recommended in here that I did not knew before and would like to investigate and see if I resonate.

Does that seem like an ego game? 

1 hour ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Nak Khid Look for bentinho on instagram, he follows Sri sadguru and gives credit to him on adding value to his enlightenment. I asked him to recommend me some book and he told me to read master key of self realization from Sri sadguru, which I recommend. 

Where do you think he got the 4 bodies map teaching? 

Screenshot_20200608_004248.jpg

The above is not the famous "Sadhguru" that most people know (he spells it with an "h") 
"Sadguru" means true guru. Other gurus also use it attached to their full name 

The above is the contents of a book by the other guru  l already mentioned who died in 1936 Siddharameshwar, his book Master Key to Self-Realization.  The words there "Jai Sadguru Parabrahman" is not a persons name it means "hail the true teacher of the  highest Brahman" 

a collection of 130 talks that were given by Shri Siddharameshwar Maharaj, guru of Shri Nisargadatta Maharaj and Shri Ranjit Maharaj. The talks in this book were recorded and edited by Nisargadatta Maharaj and were originally published by him in two volumes in the Marathi language under the name of "Adhyatma Jnanacha Yogeshwar" in the years 1960 and 1961. The text was reprinted in the year 2000 at the insistence of Shri Ranjit Maharaj. Afterwards it was translated into English for this book, truly a modern day spiritual classic in its own right. Also included within the covers of this book is the text "Master Key to Self-Realization" which was authored by Shri Siddharameshwar Maharaj in the form of a methodical explanation of many fundamental principles of Advaita Vedanta and Self-Realization. The teaching found here helps the aspirant to form a solid foundation for understanding the fundamental principles of non-duality and in realizing one's True Nature.

Edited by Nak Khid

@Nak Khid @ajasatya

10 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

The above is not the famous "Sadhguru" that most people know (he spells it with an "h") 
"Sadguru" means true guru. Other gurus also use it attached to their full name 

The above is the contents of a book by the other guru  l already mentioned who died in 1936 Siddharameshwar, his book Master Key to Self-Realization.  The words there "Jai Sadguru Parabrahman" is not a persons name it means "hail the true teacher of the  highest Brahman" 

Thanks for your wisdom man. 

I know thats Sri Sadguru Siddharameshwar Maharaj. I just showed you a screen shot of his book, which I have and recommend. I also have a quote from him in my signature, lol. 

@Kalki Avatar "valuable recommended teachings with massive results" may even come from your parents or girlfriend sometimes. Or maybe a flower, or a bird, or the sun.

Ahimsa is a good place to start. Do not practice any kind of violence. Don't be violent with people around you and, the hardest part, don't be violent with yourself in any circumstance.

"Don't lie" is also a good start, as well as "eat healthy food, only".

You see, most "valuable recommended teaching with massive results" are straightforward common sense wisdom. Those are the hardest ones to implement. No need to look for enlightened lineages, whatever that means. Maybe the book from Jed McKenna can help you cut the excesses in your path: Enlightenment, the damnedest thing.

unborn Truth

6 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Kalki Avatar 

You see, most "valuable recommended teaching with massive results" are straightforward common sense wisdom. Those are the hardest ones to implement. No need to look for enlightened lineages, whatever that means. Maybe the book from Jed McKenna can help you cut the excesses in your path: Enlightenment, the damnedest thing.

Or 'The Way of Liberation' by Adyashanti. Short and practical book straight to the point.

@ajasatya Sure. Tell Leo to only preach those an forget 5meo, which seems to be the most potent teacher till the moment. 

There's a distinction of quality, which is what im looking. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

20 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

Tell Leo to only preach those an forget 5meo

That would be a form of violence. Leo is free to teach whatever he wants as long as he's not teaching violence.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya To give a suggestion that might help is a form of violence? 

Then Leo and all enlightened teachers are the worst representation of love! How ugly. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar