actualizing25

Is everything just a distraction from awakening?

15 posts in this topic

So basically everything, life purpose, all your dreams, all hopes, all your aspirations, all your goals, all your different passions etc. should all be dropped when you want to become awakened? Because when you reach nonduality/infinity every duality will collapse eventually and you are giving up yourself, everything of yourself. So is life purpose then for example not just a big distraction that keeps you in the dream? Or all your passions. These things are just moving you farther and farther away from awakening because they are all coming from ego in the end, which you have to give up.

I mean I try my best to give them up, but sometimes its really hard.

Then why is Leo encouraging us to find our life purpose if its just a distraction?

Edited by actualizing25

The ego can not understand awakening. It only has one choice which is to make it a part of it's dream. Awakening is awakening to the realization that the individual was never real. The individual can not do that, because it does not exist. It is an afterthought, an illusion that takes credit for everything. Everything you look at is overlayed with ownership and relationship. It is not real. This is it already, but the individual will never know that.

No, you are distracting yourself from awakening by thinking that everything is distracting you from awakening. Everything is perfect, you just need to see that, and be at peace. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Artaemis  :) aww thank you. I love that you like what I say. 

I wish you nothing but Love & Peace, kind Soul. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Everything is a distraction from awakening. And everything ultimately leads to awakening. Who are you?

unborn Truth

Maybe awakening is just a distraction from everything.

hrhrhtewgfegege

The distractions can be the reminders and the reminders can be the distractions!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

So basically everything, life purpose, all your dreams, all hopes, all your aspirations, all your goals, all your different passions etc. should all be dropped when you want to become awakened? Because when you reach nonduality/infinity every duality will collapse eventually and you are giving up yourself, everything of yourself. So is life purpose then for example not just a big distraction that keeps you in the dream? Or all your passions. These things are just moving you farther and farther away from awakening because they are all coming from ego in the end, which you have to give up.

I mean I try my best to give them up, but sometimes its really hard.

Then why is Leo encouraging us to find our life purpose if its just a distraction?

A shift in awareness or consciousness will occur.  You will transcend the ego and you will fulfill your dreams as God.  The ego after all is God.  Its just God forsaken.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is a phase where everything seems like distractions, this is commonly known as the “seeking” phase of ones journey, where all they can think about is awakening, where your whole life is submerged by it. 

However, when you awaken, you realise all these ‘distractions’ were quite literally the path, as each and every passing moment is it. Then life simply becomes a celebration, and is lived from this understanding, and you are absolutely free to do whatever you want. 

So, no everything isn’t simply a distraction, but it can seem like that, and there usually is a period where awakening will take over, but this doesn’t necessarily last forever. 

Once you realise, every moment is simply a meditation, you realise there is no such thing as distraction, as this is it, how can you be distracted from what you are? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 this became a tricky trap for me. For a long time I felt like only awakening could satisfy me. Music and a lot of other stuff didn’t appeal anymore. But what I was doing basically was only distracting me from my feelings by overly intellectualising the insights that I had.

Had I listened to feeling I wouldn’t had to go through a lot of bs. A lot of ego backlashes that were actually not really necessary.

9 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Everything is a distraction from awakening. And everything ultimately leads to awakening. Who are you?

this ^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@deso Yep, all this does is create even more of an internal struggle and intellectual understanding of awakening, that if anything leads to worsening your life. 

Instead, live the understanding in all areas of life, and see life as a celebration. Music is god too and is beautiful to enjoy!

Feeling always leads the way ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes and no 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''