NatureB

Spiral Dynamics Discussion for this George Floyd Protest

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I had an idea to examine this protest from each level of the spiral as a community, so we can understand what it is and why it is happening better, and so we can improve our collective understanding of the spiral. This discussion can take any form, but I will try to examine it from each level of the spiral from both the for and against perspectives. My analysis will be pretty basic and we can build on it together, and then draw practical conclusions if this is fruitful.

RED stage FOR this protest: "We need to assert our dominance over this government which is running amok. Fuck these fuckers."

RED stage AGAINST this protest: "These bastard protesters are causing mayhem and destruction, and they need to be put out like a fire."

BLUE stage FOR this protest: "God created us all equally. We need to love each other and squash the evil forces (bad gov and police) that propagate racism."

BLUE stage AGAINST this protest: "Protesters are no good. They need to obey the law and stay in their places."

ORANGE FOR: "We are fighting for our right to live free and happy and safe. Fuck the system and the police. We need revolution."

ORANGE AGAINST: "These protesters are messing up the local economy and my business is suffering. It is getting in the way of my personal success."

GREEN FOR: "The killing of George Floyd is a horrendous crime and we need reform. We need reparations for the black community and policy changes so that this does not happen again. Love your brothers."

GREEN AGAINST: (Hard to imagine green being against this)

YELLOW: Damage control, guiding people's anger and negative feelings towards positive outcomes, allowing people to vent their feelings, long-term policy reform and improvements with accountability. Understands how we got to this moment historically and emotionally. How can we address this issue in a way that will improve outcomes in the long-term, make everyone safer, prevent circumstances becoming similar in the future? What other life areas affect these outcomes, such as education, income, culture?  THIRD WIN - How can our solutions benefit everyone involved including POC, society at large, police and even whites?

TURQUOISE: Life is flowing along as it should. Only in very rare instances will I step out and say something for or against this protest, and always in a positive way to guide the direction.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

Coral - we are all one. This is the representation of the different aspects of the oneness. Do not judge. 

There is a spiritual and holistic synergy here that will eventually cause the unification of all parts and understanding and chaos resulting from this will lead to the formation of the absolute love, the absolute one. 

Stage green against (the unhealthy cringe green - this is not a very relevant issue. Also these people are contributing to environmental pollution by gathering together. I can't get my herbs in the store during this time. I will lose my $1 offer on the tooth brush and this is damaging to my self esteem. My pet albino python snake who is also stage green like me  could get triggered by the sounds of the protest.

And one more stage. 

Stage spiritual bypassing - just accept it. It's all love. They show love. We show love.. We all show love in different forms. Do not show anger. Anger is like drinking poison and expecting others to die. Be forgiving. Forgive and accept. This is your wounded ego trying to resist. You are hating and you are projecting. There are no victims. Pain is certain, Suffering is optional. 

443sfp.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Khr That is awesome! You hit a lot of points that I missed. Where do you think Green and Yellow would be in this situation?

I think that the supposed undercover police making the protests violent are operating from Red/Blue. The average policeman is probably Blue/Orange. Average protester - ORANGE/green or orange/GREEN. Certain politicians are Yellow such as Andrew Yang (read his twitter feed for numerous examples), most republicans are red to orange, don't care about the masses. Tim Ryan and Bernie are Green. AOC is Green. 

@Preety_India Such a good response. TYSM for adding the spiritual bypassing stage. I fall into that now and then.

I find myself trying to think more Yellow about it but I can only do that so much, since I am still in Orange and Green for the most part.

Is there anyone that has influenced your thinking on this topic?

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

Orange against: why would they destroy their own community? It's unproductive. 

Green would be against violence and destruction. 

From my experience talking to stage blue/orange Republicans  about it - They start off saying what happened to George Floyd was terrible (like 2% of the convo).  They say that most of the protesters don't even know why they are out there.  "Why not send his family a card if they really care".  "Don't these people have to work". They believe racism is exaggerated. 

I posted another thread, but in essence I do agree that Green should not advocate violence or blind destruction.  They may want to see the old system go away, but only if they can transform it into something new that is more fair.

Anything else which involves violence, hatred or an "us vs. them" mentality is blue and red.