Max_V

On Genius

36 posts in this topic

Lately I’ve been thinking about this a lot.

When we come into this world, everyone seems to have a certain baseline of abilities and capacities. One is better at this, the other has more feel for that.

What I’m really interested to discuss and talk about in this topic is how this understanding functions existentially, and if there are objective limitations to how far one can go. Can anyone become a Genius at anything? 

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Everybody has the potential to become a Genious at anything, but not many have the potential to actualize their potential. 

@JosephKnecht With that you speak of the capacity of being willing to do the (difficult) work to actualize potential? 

Also, could you explain to me why you think that and how you’ve come to that conclusion?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@JosephKnecht I appreciate the sentiment, but that doesn’t leave me with much. I still haven’t gotten any further. 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

People are smart enough to be able to recognize a genius, without being one.

People are smart enough to be able to recognize how dumb they are. 

When you notice that you are not a genius, the genius of others becomes you striving force to become more like them, a genius.

When you become a genius, you don't strive to copy the ingeniousness of others. Genius is what you are.

If everyone becomes a genius, nobody is a genius. If everyone can become a genius, then we all can become One. 

Genius is a very interesting topic:

A genius can exhibit advance intellect since birth.

A genius can be deficient in some areas (or have various diagnosis of issues) and excell in a specific field beyond what is believed humanly possible.

A genius can have no apparent advanced intellect yet tap into something insanely revolutionary, from beyond them, from the universal source consciousness.

So, for me, the most important take away about geniuses would be: to revel in the diversity, limitlessness, and magic the universe can show us through human receptacles :D

20 hours ago, Max_V said:

Can anyone become a Genius at anything? 

Can a donkey become a genius at calculus?

Clearly not.

This isn't rocket science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This isn't rocket science.

No its not, its calculus

@Leo Gura what i have learned is that all minds have different chemistry due to genetics, environment, etc.

Via kundalini i have learned that i can pretty much change everything about me via integration, and basically, insights that i can realize instantaneously and integrate it into my body/mind.

Don't you think that kundalini at least would allow someone to become whatever they want?

Ive always been smart but it seems like now i can make connections within the snap of a finger, when im talking to someone its like i realize things while talking in the convo. And i mean really profound things. I really do feel like a genius sometimes.

I think there's more to it than that. 

Genesis 27:27-29

7 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

Don't you think that kundalini at least would allow someone to become whatever they want?

No

You cannot be anything other than what you are.

Whatever you are able to become is what you are.

You are a tautology.

@Leo Gura i beg to differ. I appreciate your insight though.

Im talking in dualistic means btw. I dont mean oneness/god. I mean changing body chemistry/the basis of your mind 

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

@Leo Gura Leo, I think you are saying.... in our infinite form we are limitless, but in our human form we are limited to our particular experience, to some extent.... but I dont know...

For the 2 forms of genius that I mentioned above...#1. born with super intellect  & # 2. born with a percieved deficit which can make one area excell beyond expected human potential ... in those 2 types, I believe the theory that humans are limited.... *but* when we look at genius type #3... the seemingly "typical" or sub-par individual that can out of the blue create genius level music, inventions, etc through what appears to be universal source channelling then I see a glimpse of the real human potential...

Yes, we are what we are... also, we can be what we COULD be... and the closer we get to that source, and our true purpose here, the more we can unlock that potential...

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

Everybody is a genius at something. Technically everyone could be a genius at everything. But practically you can’t. Because you don’t want to. You’re simply not interested in everything. You’re at your best if you have fun doing what you do. The more enjoyment for something the more heart source, the more genius.

20 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills. ~ Arthur Schopenhauer. 

That sums it up pretty good. You can’t force/will yourself into being gay if you’re not, for example. Likewise you will not become a genius in biomedical engineering if you’re not interested in that kind of field. You’re not in control over what you want. It’s just there naturally. The more honesty, the more closeness to your heart, the more you will know about who you are and what you want.

2 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

he closer we get to that source, and our true purpose here, the more we can unlock that potential...

Absolutely.

But your potential in this material dream is extremely limited even if you are Jesus and can walk on water.

If you can't change the radius of the moon with your mind, you are limited. Do not fool yourself into thinking you are unlimited when you are stuck in a highly limited form. That is my point.

You are only able to do what your form allows you to do. Form is not unlimited. Which is why midgets don't play in the NBA no matter how badly they might want to. You must play to your strengths. Each form has its unique strengths and weaknesses. Find out what yours are. The Life Purpose Course helps you to do this.

Self-realisation is just that, your self being realised. It's not your self being created, your self is already there you just haven't fully actualised it yet. 

I think this is where most of us get stuck, we have an ideal self that we think we want to be, so maybe we grew and we loved music and built an identity around it and wanted our life to be about it. But that was never our true self we just liked the look of it, then you stumble upon something that is more true to you and giving up on the music dream in favor of this new thing is a step in the right direction of self being realised. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But your potential in this material dream is extremely limited even if you are Jesus and can walk on water.

If you can't change the radius of the moon with your mind, you are limited. Do not fool yourself into thinking you are unlimited when you are stuck in a highly limited form. That is my point.

@Leo Gura love is the only limitation, right? Love wouldn’t change the radius of the moon because that would result in the death of the whole human existence. Only if love chooses to.

But what about changing bodily attributes? Healing sickness becomes more and more a tangible possibility. What about changing your appearance? You can go find a plastic surgeon to fix your nose. Why not simply changing the dream from a higher radiance of consciousness? I mean it’s all very well intertwined. But what if love commands so?

Edited by deso

@Leo Gura So then is this thought correct?

If every form has it's strengths and weaknesses, then every form must have a potential to it's own idiosyncratic Genius?

--------------------------------------

Also, this is a slightly different question, but does IQ = How well a brain functions? And if so, can one change the efficiency of that structure since the brain seems so malleable?

I have listened to the 'What is Intelligence' video multiple times, and from that I feel like I can now clearly conceptually discern between Genius insight and intelligence and a well functioning intellect. But, if one wants to excel in using their intellect well, is improving it's efficiency a different matter from getting downloads from the universe? 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

43 minutes ago, deso said:

what if love commands so?

What if it doesn't?

6 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Leo Gura So then is this thought correct?

If every form has it's strengths and weaknesses, then every form must have a potential to it's own idiosyncratic Genius?

In some vague sense you might say that. As long as you recognize then that a donkey is being a Genius at doing whatever it is doing.

--------------------------------------

Also, this is a slightly different question, but does IQ = How well a brain functions?

I wouldn't give IQ that much credit. It's a highly relative culture-bound metric.

can one change the efficiency of that structure since the brain seems so malleable?

Sure, to some degree.

But, if one wants to excel in using their intellect well, is improving it's efficiency a different matter from getting downloads from the universe? 

"Intellect" here is a very loaded and relative notion. It all depends how you define it and what your goals are.

If you seek Cosmic intelligence & wisdom, that is very different from something like being good at solving logical puzzles or doing academic science. You can train your intellect/mind for all sorts of different tasks.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, to some degree.

This might be a crazy question since it seems to be common sense that everyone is bounded to their own genetic make up, but what makes you say "to some degree" and dismiss the possibility of completely altering brain make up and as a result mold it into what you want to excel at?

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"Intellect" here is a very loaded and relative notion. It all depends how you define it and what your goals are.

For me, the part I want to improve in is being more able to grasp complex and complicated concepts, and be able to interlink them and see connections. I feel my working memory and processing speed are not up to par with the pursuits I want to go after in life.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus