iceprincess

are the George Floyd riots justified?

27 posts in this topic

@DivineSoda that is a really good and thoughtful answer.  I remember the same thing happened to me with presidential elections.  I was taught to care about them and ridicule Donald Trump because the people are me talked about how Hitler wanted to make Germany great again.  I otherwise never bothered laughing at Trump's idiocy which I was taught to associate him with.

As for Floyd, I thought about the exact same thing.  Claudette Colvin was a black woman who refused to give up her seat to a white man 9 months before Rosa parks did the same thing.  Colvin was ignored as a trouble maker.  Similarly, why not the instance of police brutality before Floyd?  Why did we not riot on that one?

The emotional reactions of other people taught me to be a people pleaser.  I would be frowned upon when ever my behavior was socially abnormal.  My reaction to their emotions was that I should care and make them happy.  I realize that I can do my best to be "good" but it is never enough.  My self image would be damaged by the fact that I was taught to care about the emotions of other people.  I would seem very selfish in this case, and it is bad for my survival.

We may need to continue the discussion on another place.  There I could ask you or research more about how Google actually limits us even though it seems endless and diverse on the surface.

Good answers.

5 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

@trenton It's our sources of information. Our television programming tells us what to care about. Today it's the Internet/social media. We think the Internet is a place of freedom with a wide range of ideas discussed openly.. think again (especially if you're still using Google). We live and think in a box, and it starts with our education and childhood upbringing. Our culture then reinforces this box to each other. This very forum is a prime example of this, under the guise of "radical open-mindedness". It's bullshit. I've seen enough examples here of exactly the opposite. Leo himself contradicts his own rules all the time. 

It's a game. We are controlled in ways we don't even realize. And we do it to each other. Just look at coronavirus now for example. We don't even need the government to police us to wear our masks.. we police ourselves. We snitch and shame and judge on each other. More hate, more division. Why? Because we've been told to. 

So now we have the George Floyd protests/riots. One would argue this was just the tipping point. But we passed the tipping point a long time ago. Decades ago. We've been on auto-pilot. There has been so much going on to be outraged by, but we don't take to the streets until they say so. And this time, we've been activated to care and riot and create chaos. Keeping the race wars alive and fresh. With chaos comes an opportunity for a new order. A new normal. 

Remember when there were those protesting the lockdown? Those crazy right wingers? We were told to be outraged because of how close they were gathering. But just a month later, we have nation-wide protests in every major city across the nation for George Floyd. But now, it's okay. "Let them protest" they told us. It's important. 

It's a game. Just imagine, what are you going to be told to care about next? Keep following the news, you'll find out. Because there's a lot more coming. 

On point. Well observed.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

On 14.6.2020 at 2:32 AM, DivineSoda said:

@trenton It's our sources of information. Our television programming tells us what to care about. Today it's the Internet/social media. We think the Internet is a place of freedom with a wide range of ideas discussed openly.. think again (especially if you're still using Google). We live and think in a box, and it starts with our education and childhood upbringing. Our culture then reinforces this box to each other. This very forum is a prime example of this, under the guise of "radical open-mindedness". It's bullshit. I've seen enough examples here of exactly the opposite. Leo himself contradicts his own rules all the time. 

It's a game. We are controlled in ways we don't even realize. And we do it to each other. Just look at coronavirus now for example. We don't even need the government to police us to wear our masks.. we police ourselves. We snitch and shame and judge on each other. More hate, more division. Why? Because we've been told to. 

So now we have the George Floyd protests/riots. One would argue this was just the tipping point. But we passed the tipping point a long time ago. Decades ago. We've been on auto-pilot. There has been so much going on to be outraged by, but we don't take to the streets until they say so. And this time, we've been activated to care and riot and create chaos. Keeping the race wars alive and fresh. With chaos comes an opportunity for a new order. A new normal. 

Remember when there were those protesting the lockdown? Those crazy right wingers? We were told to be outraged because of how close they were gathering. But just a month later, we have nation-wide protests in every major city across the nation for George Floyd. But now, it's okay. "Let them protest" they told us. It's important. 

It's a game. Just imagine, what are you going to be told to care about next? Keep following the news, you'll find out. Because there's a lot more coming. 

Well said, thanks. 

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@DivineSoda

On 2020-06-14 at 1:32 AM, DivineSoda said:

I agree with some of your points. I don't remember the name of the scientist /philosopher that discussed the issue of manufacturing consent, but that's what you're touching on here.

Like I've posted, the state, our new god, is cunning and able to play many roles and distractions that the masses project onto it like hate, jealousy, and much more. Furthermore, each community/collective projections onto the state are made up of many individual projections. Each individual projection may be a fiction, but some can be very real, others can come from the differences with each aspect of the environment, moral/cognitive development from each person/group, and states of consciousness derived from brain chemistry, genes, physiology, or from particular Samskaras/karmic build-ups each person accumulates, and at what stage of the spiral your community you're born/living in is. Altogether, this is a very complex issue that simply overthrowing the state would not resolve overnight, so we must learn to negotiate our differences with each other and the state.

Again, you've made a good post.

@Danioover9000 Noam Chomsky is the manufacturing of consent guy. 

I think the state is not interested in negotiating in any meaningful way. Any "wins" for the people only serve to make us feel good, but don't actually resolve anything. In fact, they make matters worse because we just add more and more layers of delusion of progress.

Case in point today's police brutality. This issue has been going on for over 60 years. Each time it gets bad and boils over, something is done to make us feel like we've won. But the situation continues to get worse, not better. 

Now we're "defunding the police". More body cams, less chokeholds.. sounds great right? Progress? No, this is a drop in the bucket compared to just how serious and systemic this issue is. 

Same goes for climate change. We keep feeling satisfied by these weak incremental changes, it will be too late by the time we finally all recognize how bad the situation truly is.  

We are sowing the seeds of our own disorder, and those who rule the people are well aware of this. 

On 05/06/2020 at 7:32 PM, Leeeon said:

How do you know that?

If it's true, how can i know that?

And why would it be that way? why wouldn't love already be maximized ?

If you waken up, you will recognize everything is love. Even if the protest and riots melt down America and chaos happens that dissolves the country completely. Love is unconditional, which includes destruction, creation and everything in between. 

Even if a asteroid hits us and wipes out all of life. My ego would not like that but as God it's just as good as the creation of children. Extinction is as much love as creation of life.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:15 AM, Tanz said:

If you waken up, you will recognize everything is love. Even if the protest and riots melt down America and chaos happens that dissolves the country completely. Love is unconditional, which includes destruction, creation and everything in between. 

Even if a asteroid hits us and wipes out all of life. My ego would not like that but as God it's just as good as the creation of children. Extinction is as much love as creation of life.

If you hadn't of written that I'd still be lost on the concept of this "love" he was trying to refer to. Very helpful response in understanding what Leo was trying to convey. Love it.