bejapuskas

Can I be fully healed?

18 posts in this topic

I saw this very nice video in which Dr K. introduces a helpful ancient psychological model (Pancha Kosha) that can give us an insight into how to get fully healed. Here are my basic notes:

There are 5 levels of being. When each of them is somehow damaged, there are different symptoms and different treatment that is required. Treating an issue of one level of being with a treatment suited for some other level of being is not as effective.

Physical

- Symptoms: any kind of physical disease, for example cancer

- Treatment: diet, exercise, medication...

Energetic

- Symptoms: sluggishness, feeling heavy, itching, demotivated, lack of energy...

- Treatment: pranayama, Wim Hof, yoga, chigong, taichi...

Emotional

- Symptoms: PTSD, shame, unpleasant feelings, sadness...

- Treatment: talking to a psychologist, healthy relationships, meditation on emotions and compassion...

Intellectual

- Symptoms: Cognitive biases, irrational thinking...

- Treatment: CBT, talking to a psychologist, contemplation, observation, honesty with oneself...

Spiritual 

- Symptoms: CPTSD (it is different than regular PTSD, because it fucks up the whole sense of self), feeling like a ghost/robot/unreal...

- Treatment: meditation, self-inquiry, yoga, retreat, solo walks...

In the video, Dr K.'s client was surprised that he could not cure his CPTSD, which is a spiritual problem, by talking to a psychologist and taking medication, which are emotional and physical types of treatment. However, having a strong intellectual basis (cognitive-behavioral therapy, developing a mostly unbiased perception of oneself etc...) helped him strenghten the other areas, which resulted in him not comitting suicide. This thing with 1 strong area protecting other also appears for example in cancer patients who struggle physically and energetically, but get a lot of support from their family and friends, therefore they do better. I'd also like to add that meditation has the potential to cure certain physical illnesses, but it is still unclear how to the science of today. Also, science has no evidence of the existence of chi/ki/prana, but practices based on this energy are more effective for healing than those based on science, although it might seem that they are very similar. (you „just move“ in both jogging and yoga for example)

Here is the link to the video: 

Interesting... I like this model. I think intellect and emotion could be combined and energy with physical but the extra distinctions are cool and helpful. 

Edited by Lyubov

Very nice posts thanks !!!

Here the five koshas and their ancient names :)

0e5d7a1bbdbc171c16b98130b4e94386.jpg

Edited by max duewel

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

@bejapuskas

In a nutshell, Healing = Truth + Love

Or basically just Truth is enough since is the same as Love :D

@Natasha  Thank you for your contribution :) What does this mean to you in practice? What is your experience with healing? I am interested to hear from you, because I kind of know what you mean, but also in my experience it seems like there are many dimensions to healing (as there are to Truth and Love since they are all), and although you might sum it up by saying follow your sensation, sometimes it might be counter-intuitive, you might not be exactly sure how to do it or not have the experience needed to fix a problem you have. (especially when it comes to personal, „mundane“ stuff, which I consider important too, because it kind of reflects your spirit and affects the path to a great degree) One's understanding of Truth and Love can become a mere state, which is not it, and they can keep on talking about their understanding without embodying at all, which causes a lot of suffering. And I don't think embodiment is just  knowing it more often.

@Lyubov  Yeh I have the same understanding, but still there are certain nuances to this that can be helpful.

@max duewel  Oh nice, thank you for this!

Trying to understand too much with the rational part of our mind is the biggest obstacle to healing. Through observation of what we recognise as objective reality we’re working from a finite point of view in a finite picture field. It’s a sandbox. We can only work with what we think there is, but not with what actually is possible. It’s a dead end. The more we push the borders, the more we come to see the actuality of reality, the deeper our understanding of healing will become.

In the end there is nothing to be healed, because sickness doesn’t exist, because our bodies and everything else we make up doesn’t really exist. It’s just a make up. This doesn’t mean god doesn’t heal, he does, but only if seen in the right perspective. And only then true healing can take place.

God only cares about himself and all he does is trying to multiply love. If that right now means thinking about how healing is achieved or being done already with trying to understand the truth entirely truly doesn’t matter. Everything that serves coming closer to god is in gods name, and everything that doesn’t is also in gods name. Eventually god can not run away from god.

Edited by deso

@bejapuskas I only started to truly 'heal' when realized and embodied my true nature as the Absolute. There was no one there to heal :)

On 6/4/2020 at 5:14 AM, Javfly33 said:

Or basically just Truth is enough since is the same as Love :D

Yes :)

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

I only started to truly 'heal' when realized and embodied my true nature as the Absolute. There was no one there to heal :)

@Natasha  I think I know what you mean. What I was describing was probably more like understanding the psyche, but you get tired of that too after some time, although it is fascinating when you first discover the possibility to somewhat understand. I guess people need to exhaust themselves until they are so exhausted that they fall asleep and at the same moment they wake up.

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

understanding the psyche

I'm a life long student of psychology too. Even after the awakening I still continued to try to understand how the 'brain' works and why we do what we do. But there is no more psychological suffering. One of the most important things, however, in understanding the psyche is that the subconscious drives most of our moods and behaviors. Bringing that out from the subconscious is the first step, understanding, and then accepting it and loving it. Ekhart also has good teachings on pain body and how to stop to identify with it.

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Bringing that out from the subconscious is the first step, understanding, and then accepting it and loving it. 

How did you go about that in your experience?

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

How did you go about that in your experience?

By starting to notice patterns first in my thinking and behavior, and the reactions that followed them. I noticed they rotated in a cycle. Sort of what the definition of insanity is - keeping doing the same thing and expect different results. So I started to investigate what was causing staying in the cycle, I wanted to break out of it. That led me to studying human nature and mechanisms that drive it. I discovered those mechanisms were not unique to just me, they were universal and common to all human beings. That was a big aha moment for me - to realize the collective aspect of our both conscious and subconscious. More studying and exploring followed, which led me to Actualized in 2014 and other teachings, and ultimately to awakening a couple years later. I also had some traumatic life events happen before then that triggered for digging deeper. 

@Natasha  Thanks for sharing that :) What do you use for reprogramming your subconscious? Is it vision board like Nahm does or something different? :P 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:44 PM, bejapuskas said:

@Natasha  Thanks for sharing that :) What do you use for reprogramming your subconscious? Is it vision board like Nahm does or something different? :P 

I don't use vision boards, just study lots of psychology and being mindful of my thinking and behavioral patterns, which are mostly a result of environmental conditioning and childhood traumas that we all have :)

Benj, you're limiting yourself to models! Of course you can heal! 

I assume the guy invented that model because that's how he saw the world, but creating systems means laeling and labeling means separating, and in actuality all is one.

Spiritual is same as physical, physical is same as mental, or spiritual, all is one! Only us humans make these distinctions because our language is like that. 

Find the source of your issue by deeply talking to someone. I am here if you need me and I'm good at active listening, I listened to hundreds of people by now.. it's been a while though.

When you find Truth, be very Loving. Are you able to Love yourself Infinitely?