Nak Khid

What Love is according to me

76 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, roopepa said:

@Nak Khid Dude, look. Forget about understanding Love. You won't get it by debating about it at the forum. You are not yet at the level of thinking that makes it possible to understand why reality is Love. 

You still think that this is some philosophical idea that you can disprove by logical thinking. It is not. When you become conscious of Love, it will be as obvious as Oneness. There is nothing to debate about. It's just how things are.

Go on with your life and keep doing the spiritual work. One day you will get it. I promise. ❤

Slam dunk.  Nailed!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

No, what you just said about true spirituality does not translate to 

"God imagines an infinite number of living beings being killed
and that that is love made manifest."

In fact the situation is the opposite of what you are saying.
 I have been been the one saying that suffering exists and everything is not "love" as is continually claimed.

The problem is exactly the opposite of what you suggest , feel-good spirituality is pretending that suffering does not exist and
everything is "love" . 
That is denial, in fact apathy in disguise, a corruption of language which I hope does not manifest in reality 

I understand how upsetting this is when perceived through a relative, form of love. And I’m not downgrading relative love. Yet there is another context.

One idea is to take out the human part. Imagine hiking in the forest and it all becomes so beautiful. You are not picking and choosing “That is ugly. That is beautiful”. You love it all as beauty, the entire forest. The rocks, wind, fallen trees, dead pine needles, birds, the microbes consuming decaying logs, the stream, insects, the fish swimming to the surface to eat insects. It’s all one beautiful inter-connected cycle of love. . . Yet something interesting happens when we add in humans. The dynamics change. If we see a decaying tree log being eaten by microbes, it is part of the beautiful love, yet if we saw a decaying human body being eaten by microbes it would be shocking and horrific. . . This is the contrast between unconditional love and relative love. And I’m not saying that relative love is lesser or bad. They are equally beautiful. Yet you are conflating unconditional love with relative love. 

I have never heard of

50 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I understand how upsetting this is when perceived through a relative, form of love. And I’m not downgrading relative love. Yet there is another context.

One idea is to take out the human part. Imagine hiking in the forest and it all becomes so beautiful. You are not picking and choosing “That is ugly. That is beautiful”. You love it all as beauty, the entire forest. The rocks, wind, fallen trees, dead pine needles, birds, the microbes consuming decaying logs, the stream, insects, the fish swimming to the surface to eat insects. It’s all one beautiful inter-connected cycle of love. . . Yet something interesting happens when we add in humans. The dynamics change. If we see a decaying tree log being eaten by microbes, it is part of the beautiful love, yet if we saw a decaying human body being eaten by microbes it would be shocking and horrific. . . This is the contrast between unconditional love and relative love. And I’m not saying that relative love is lesser or bad. They are equally beautiful. Yet you are conflating unconditional love with relative love. 

It's not upsetting. offensive and wrong is more apropos.

Love is a feeling. It is not an idea where you can take the human out.  That is dehumanization.  Love is something a living being feels not an intellectual concept.  
You are giving me a relative scenario,  picking  a beautiful forest  as an example

and not a back alley of dog shit,  garbage, medical waste and flies. 

We are talking about beauty here not love.  It's relative.  This same scene to someone born in that environment might be commonplace to them and a skyscraper  or desert oasis might seem beautiful to them.  
As soon as you speak a word you are speaking relatively. 

So what is "unconditional love" ?   Does that mean we love the smell of week old urine and rotten eggs?  
Do we love to watching children being tortured ? 
Do we love seeing a pile emaciated corpses that have begun to stink? 

Another way, the more common way this term "unconditional love" is applied is not love alone.  It's a decision to be committed to the well being of another person no matter what.  For instance a mother might say this of her children.   
Does this mean the mother is feeling love for her child 24 hours a day?  No she does and thinks about other things as well.
Does this unconditional love means she loves everything? No.    Other children that are not hers she will not have the same level of commitment to.  Unconditional love is not constant love nor is it loving everything. 

What about loving everything all day land all night long?   That might sound like a nice idea but it's not humanly possible and it's not a good thing to love things like harming people.  

What about if we like the idea of oneness (nonduality) means we we pick some word that we like to be the oneness and everything is made out of it?  That is cute but nonsensical.  Is nuclear waste, vomit and piss  love ?  Or is it just the plants , trees and decaying branches that are love?  Love is a tree or is it that you love trees?  There's a difference. 

Again "infinite love" "Absolute love" "unconditional love" "purity" "perfection" 

These are all idyllic mental constructs.  Some to say love is endless 
but loves ends, 
It takes time to realize this 

And then ones are born

@Nak Khid stop spreading nonsense about this topic.  It is clear you still know nothing about it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Lately I find that things make more sense when I use poetry as my outlet. Here is Love:

The  Neverending Matryoshka Doll

I found a Doll

Wrapped like a PRESENT

Inside

I knew not what was

However,

I loved it

For love

Is to be open NOW

to the possibility of

All these debates are pointless. When I see you enjoying being tortured, I will believe you. Philosophising about love does not mean shit. Reality is not love when you're in a Brazen Bull. Stop talking idealistic nonsense and be real. You're spiritually bypassing.

2 minutes ago, The observer said:

All these debates are pointless. When I see you enjoying being tortured, I will believe you. Philosophising about love does not mean shit. Reality is not love when you're in a Brazen Bull. Stop talking idealistic nonsense and be real. You're spiritually bypassing.

One more peep out of you denying Love and you will be banned.

Keep your ignorance to yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

One more peep out of you denying Love and you will be banned.

My pleasure. You're totally deluded.

@Nak Khid If you genuinely want to see what is pointed to, you will first need to acknowledge that you are missing something. If you stay with in a mindset of “my idea of love is right and what you are saying is wrong”, you will not be able to have a realization. Notice how your mind keeps correcting others as “no that’s not love, this is what love is”. You keep re-enforcing your idea of love and will not be able to realize beyond that idea with that mindset.

If you acknowledge there is something new here for you to discover, the next step is to get curious. There needs to be some curiosity about discovering something new that you are missing. An indication of this is that there will be new questions of curiosity that arise. 

In my view, you are still at step 1. You haven’t acknowledged there is something you are missing here. I could go on and on trying to show you, yet in your current mindset there is a filter that keeps processing within your current mindset. You would need to acknowledge that I can see something here that you cannot. I am not saying your idea is wrong. Within the idea it is right. I am saying there is something you are not seeing. For some minds, that is exciting. Yet your mind puts up a block. 

If you are unable to get through step 1 with love, I would drop it. The mental cycle you are in will not help. It will only make matters worse by re-enforcing your mindset. 

My impression is that realizing a greater sense of love is too big of a jump for you right now. I’ve found that it can be helpful to try other areas in which my blocks are not as strong. Yet this assumes the mind genuinely wants to expand, rather than prove it’s point.

If you genuinely want to have realizations, I would try temporarily drop love and move into another area you might have a weaker attachment to and try to break through. For example, you stated that the forest I described was “beautiful”. Yet I said there was death and dying in the forest. There were living entities that were in the process of dying and trying to survive. There is bird poop and decaying plants and animals. Yet you still considered the big picture of the forest to be beautiful. Notice how we are saying it is all beautiful. We are not placing any conditions on beauty. We are not picking and choosing what counts as “beautiful” and what counts as “ugly”. If you can cognitively see that is all beautiful (without creating any “yea but . . . “ qualifications, it is a big step forward. Yet it is still complete. In addition to a cognitive understanding, there is a energetic and heart awakening. Actually being in the forest and “getting” the absolute beauty on energetic and heart levels. As well, the absolute beauty is not just limited to “Forestry stuff”. You would need to add in humans and still see the absolute beauty, regardless of the conditions of the humans.

If you cannot see the absolute Beauty and your mind is analyzing this, I would drop down to absolute perfection. Ime, this is easier and more straightforward. In any moment, the forest is absolutely Perfect. Don’t just do this cognitively. If you are serious about exploring and expanding consciousness, get out of your analytical head and actually go out into nature and see for yourself. Realize that the forest is absolutely Perfect exactly as it is. Even the bird poop, mosquitoes and decaying plants and animals are within the Perfection. You would need to add in imperfections. You would need to pick and choose what is perfect and imperfect. . . See if you can have a “Ah ha!!! Omg, I get it!!!” Moment. 

If you cannot see the absolute Perfection. I wold drop down to an easier level to absolute ISness. Whatever is in the forest, IS. The tree is tree. The bird poop is bird poop. A decaying animal is a decaying animal. It would be silly to say “That decaying animal is not a decaying animal”. Even cognitively, there is no way around this. What is, IS. If you have a sense, you’ve “got” this, then I would try to work my way back up from absolute ISness, to absolute Perfection, to absolute Beauty, to absolute Love. Be mindful of when you get stuck.

This all assumes you have a genuine desire to expand your consciousness. If you do not, please do not interfere with those on the forum that do have a genuine desire to expand their consciousness. Your insistent conflation of relative and absolute love causes fog for others in the process of growing. 

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

This all assumes you have a genuine desire to expand your consciousness. If you do not, please do not interfere with those on the forum that do have a genuine desire to expand their consciousness. Your insistent conflation of relative and absolute love causes fog for others in the process of growing. 

Some nondual traditions would say that desire contracts consciousness. 

And that perfection is not something real. 

and that one becomes conscious by realizing these imperfections. 

And that underlying truth cannot be articulated by a word. 

Without using examples what is your definition of absolute love? 

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

And that perfection is not something real. 

No offense, but I feel you're being overtly contrarian and digging for "gotcha's" in the words people use. Are you genuinely interested in what love is or is this just a lol-fest for you?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

No offense, but I feel you're being overtly contrarian and digging for "gotcha's" in the words people use. Are you genuinely interested in what love is or is this just a lol-fest for you?

Note the theme of the thread.   Is someone come into this thread disagreeing they are the contrarian. 

"Absolute love" is a term different people define in different ways so kindly stop your pecks and clucks , we are trying to foster love here.
I don't think in absolutes, perfections and extremes  
To me that is religion  not clear consciousness 
the best way to stop the progression of this thread is to not reply to it 

Edited by Nak Khid

20200607_102234.jpg

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 4.6.2020. at 5:50 AM, Nak Khid said:

The nature of reality is constant change not a fifty ton slab of love. 

Fifty ton is underestimation. Lot lot higher. 

What would God create anything other then Infinite Love. 

Always say PM if you find something better. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity