Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

Issues with pushing my bounderies to learn more complex material

4 posts in this topic

I have a psychological problem when it comes to learning more complex material/practices.

I notice that when I learn something new, I become anxious, my problem-solving skills goes down and I panic.

I get worried about the future. 

I think my ego believes itself to be a master or wanting to be a master now when I am only beginning...

I notice this consciously, but it still happens. Deep down I want to get good fast. My mind struggles to accept that I am only 24 and have a long time to master a subject.

I think this feeling comes from that fact that believe I should be further at this stage in my life and have accomplished more to prove myself to others

It is making my schedule bounce all of the place, because sometimes to can't choose what topic to learn at this moment.

Are there any exercises that can help me?

Edited by ROOBIO

Write 10 sentences in a positive form (no "no", no blaming others) for what you are grateful in your life.
Do it as a first thing in the morning when you wake up.
The key of this exercise is consistency, so do it for one year without day miss.
You will see the results. ;)  

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

4 hours ago, ROOBIO said:

I notice this consciously, but it still happens. Deep down I want to get good fast. My mind struggles to accept that I am only 24 and have a long time to master a subject.

Something similar is happening to me as well. Remember the 10 000 hours rule - the amount of time to truly become a master at smth.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. In the end, this is a powerful motivation. Just keep reminding yourself you're a beginner and you can't 

have high expectations. Plan your day beforehand and try to stick to it. Assign priority to every task so you know what is important to you.

@EnlightenmentBlogYeah, In the grand scheme of thing having a day where you are struggling failing is not stunting your learning urve but in the long run enhancing it. Even though it doesn't feel like it in the present.

@dimitri Thanks I will give this a go..