Eren Eeager

Are Americans overreacting to Floyd's death?

136 posts in this topic

@remember wow, now you've got the superpower to detect emotions by reading a text and now anyone can easily fool you over internet. Watch your own aggression, it might be that. 

I care for people, so just was asking them gently to not make it the game for ego, you were playing. 

Any supremacy, which doesn't invove everyone else is bad, whether it's liberal supremacy over traditional values or whatever. We need to include everyone into the community. Police has tough task to do, so I applaud their overall work for maintaining law and order, though I strongly support the need to reforms in policing values, even consciousness work for policeman. But I strongly reject the violence happening in the name of #blacklivesmatter.

6 hours ago, Lyubov said:

That knee on his neck cut off blood flow and is actually an incredibly dangerous thing to do to another person. It's basically a lethal submission move to put someone in a choke hold in martial arts. I can't even imagine the full force of someone's weight... I have no clue where that cop learned to do that. I wonder if they were even trained to do that. I think they mostly just don't give a fuck and value black lives less. 

It is considered a legitimate hold for police to use, but it really shouldn't be.

In Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, there is a position called knee-on-belly, which is exactly what it sounds like. To be on the receiving end is extremely uncomfortable, even if the opponent weighs 130lbs - all of the weight is concentrated on a single point. Your main instinct is to get the hell out from under it (which, depending on your escape, gives the opponent various opportunities for attack). It is basically what you do to someone if you want to put a hurting on them.

If anyone in a BJJ class were to do a "knee-on-neck," they would be kicked out of class and told never to come back. Maybe even sued.

There are many ways to hold someone down that don't involve putting their lives in danger. If a suspect is handcuffed, you can literally just sit on their back in mount position and they wouldn't be able to do anything. So one solution is to make martial arts training mandatory for police. When there are so many nonlethal options available, there is no reason to use holds that could kill people.

30 minutes ago, Amit said:

@remember wow, now you've got the superpower to detect emotions by reading a text and now anyone can easily fool you over internet. Watch your own aggression, it might be that. 

I care for people, so just was asking them gently to not make it the game for ego, you were playing. 

Any supremacy, which doesn't invove everyone else is bad, whether it's liberal supremacy over traditional values or whatever. We need to include everyone into the community. Police has tough task to do, so I applaud their overall work for maintaining law and order, though I strongly support the need to reforms in policing values, even consciousness work for policeman. But I strongly reject the violence happening in the name of #blacklivesmatter.

i never said i support the violence nor did i conclude from the single case to the overall police - if you read my comments i already stated that police with pride was supporting peaceful protesters. whatsoever the situation in the us is like that, whoever the people are who act out of frustration or if that is directed or if it is people who have ulterior motives to make more noise than it is needed or maybe its because there is really such a huge poverty gap. but these are acts of individuals or group and in some cases mass dynamics, like what happened with these four cops was group dynamic, despite that these masses are not representatives of the state but in a democracy per definition they are the state. these are not the acts of the masses nor am i even part of that mass - even though commenting is part of the mass dynamic.

Edited by remember

@remember good to know about your views, you are truly a creative and openminded person. nothing bad about commenting and being a part of mass dynamic, that's the way to change, but it better be happening through discussion and agreeing not being hostile toward others, the system however corrupt it might be still is for that end goal of having prosperous humanity.

without that badge you're a bitch and a half 

1 hour ago, smurf88 said:

There are many ways to hold someone down that don't involve putting their lives in danger. If a suspect is handcuffed, you can literally just sit on their back in mount position and they wouldn't be able to do anything. So one solution is to make martial arts training mandatory for police. When there are so many nonlethal options available, there is no reason to use holds that could kill people.

This is exactly what my point was all along. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the folks in the middle who will bring Trump down because his vile personality has turned them off.

hmm right... just like it was said that was supposed to be the deciding factor in 2016 

what's going to beat Trump is a strong showing by the other side offering a dynamic, genuine and inclusive platform that attracts the middle. Not just counting on Trump to do something disgusting cause that seems to be a weekly since 2015

15 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I get your point. But one more thing. The media also profits by making a Black person Versus White person thing. Their material gets more views and sensationalism sells. Sometimes its propaganda and agenda driven. 

This can be deadly because it can turn into a race war by provoking both sides to anger 

Let's not forget that there are lots of black people who are high achievers and stereotypes do not always apply and there are lots of white people who aren't racist. 

This black and white thinking can be a killer. 

Some third party can definitely profit from this. And I can clearly see that third party. 

It exists throughout the judicial system especially those who are at the top of this system. 

CNN and friends seem to be big on this divide. They like to stay silent about victims like David Dorn a black retired cop who got shot by looters.

Chris Cuomo from CNN said regarding the riots: ""Please, show me where it says that protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful,"

Edited by Epikur

@Epikur  yep. Politicizing the issue for their personal agenda as always. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The overreaction to George Floyds death is equal to the underreaction of Americans attitude toward racism.

@tashawoodfall Please include a source when posting those types of statistics. There is a lot of misinformation being spread in this area. 

@Dutch guy What happened in the US so far was underreaction to police brutality.

Would you like to live in a place where cops treat citizens like they do in the US?

I don't know any western country in which that kind of police behavior would be accepted like it was in the US so far. 

Edited by dkamenev

@Dutch guy If you are so much against identity politics, why do you reply me with more of white vs black rhetoric?

If I were a US citizen I would have welcome the protests, the police should serve and protect people, not intimidate and threaten,  no matter what the color of their skin is. 

Edited by dkamenev

@Dutch guy  Are you open-minded?

\

BTW, I have been/still am closed minded for most of my life..  You are probably way ahead of me in that regard...no sarcasm.

Edited by SerpaeTetra

2 hours ago, belen said:

@Dutch guy you are joking right ... not to demonize anyone but if we are talking about awareness this is all mess up.

I wonder how many people in the forum, that talk about equality have friends, close people in their own circle that are trans, persons of color, gay or even female friends...

I find it hard to even talk about a person struggle without been empathic to their cause, no one said that white lives don't matter the discussion is not about that, is about that black peoples, life are at risk since years ... pleas do research with the source, be on their skin and let them talk to know what is their history and then make an opinion.

There are brown people here at the forum who have a different viewpoint. There are also black guys who are against BLM. Biden would call them white. People seem to have different opinions on things who would have thought?

These black men you will have difficulty to find because the mainstream media doesn't like that narrative. If you want to find them search for the victims of the riots like David Dorn in yt. There you will find these guys like this one: