Rinne

The US is Collapsing?

40 posts in this topic

@louhad

Look give me the information & links you have and I’ll do my research

To be fair all I know of spiral dynamics is what I’ve heard from Leo’s channel, I have watched the entire video series

So I haven’t put the research needed into it outside of that youtube channel

Its an interesting concept, though I don’t think that it should yet be chiselled into stone

@louhad

7 minutes ago, louhad said:

Careful bout judging "The greens"... 

You're gonna have to become an angry sjw before getting to yellow. lol

Also I don’t think that I ever have to support rioting to advance to the next “stage” of anything

I actually would see that as a regression, when I start supporting the looting and arson of stores 

These “SJWs” are nothing more than spoilt children who are products of a pampered lifestyle, castration via a corporate entity and no life experience so they have to manufacture it through their pet fashion ideologies 

@IJB063 I suggest reading the book by Don Beck and Chris Cowen. 

It is just a model, of course. It has its short comings... That said it is a damn good one. It was originally made by Clare Graves. The model was made with extensive research and met-analysis of many different models of sociological and psychological development.  

I also suggest watching Leo's conscious politics videos. It provided a lot of insights into spiral dynamics and helped me move more into green back when I was a.... libertarian. Makes me cringe to think about lol. 

Just generally, I highly suggest questioning literally everything. Question me, question Leo, question Buddha, Jesus, question Terrence McKenna etc. Most important is to challenge your own world views and logical framework. Question your beliefs about the world. Try to seek the truth within every perspective rather than assuming your perspective is automatically right and dismissing perspectives that challenge your own. 

And to clarify: not all greens are aggressive sjws. They come in all shapes and sizes. But you will at least understand where they are coming from and not judge them as hard as you transition to green and past it. 

Edited by louhad

@IJB063 Here's a collection of some thoughts I journaled yesterday regarding the riots:

Rioting is not a good thing. It is violent. It is destructive.

Don’t get mad at the rioters though.

Get mad at the conditions that lead to rioting. What is rioting other than a reflection of social dysfunction?

Happy people don’t riot. People who feel a sense of security don’t riot. People who feel like they have the opportunities and resources to pursue a life worth living don’t riot.

This isn’t about George Floyd. Floyd’s murder was just the tipping point. The deeper problem is systemic marginalization.

We need to collectively use this as an opportunity to reflect. As an opportunity to raise awareness. As an opportunity to create a more compassionate system that is designed to serve and uplift the human spirit. One that recognizes every member of our community as children of God.

2 hours ago, IJB063 said:

@Leo Gura

The greens, aka the loving hippies 

All about peace, equality and harmony 

Rioting and burning down their own cities, true progress 

The Greens aren't the ones looting.

But also, your image of Greens is very over-idealized. Green can get angry just like any stage can. Green is not a saint.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The Greens aren't the ones looting.

Exactly. The same way stage blue Muslims aren't green for not wanting Islamophobia. 

@IJB063 I suggest watching this video that was recently posted on the stage yellow spiral dynamics thread, although I still saw the riots as somewhat "understandable", the video gave a better perspective of why it's happening 

(Also just an assumption- I'm seeing you as a "logical" guy @IJB063 so I can see why you're resisting stage green...you can go through stage green without being an overly angry SJW though- empathy is what you're lacking- meditation grew mine more but psychs are probs a better way)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Leo Gura Leo do you feel comfortable having purchased a home in the middle of a desert while society is crumbling? Arent you worried about getting thirsty?

Do you feel safer having allocated your capital into real estate instead of retaining the liquidity? I guess a house is worth at least something in reality relative to digits in an account...

I'm currently grabbing as much credit (funny money) as possible to make my escape somewhere self-sufficient and far far away.

Make no mistake we ARE transitioning to green, but I'd rather watch from a distance, global debt deflation will destroy the entire world economy

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

On 6/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, Rinne said:

What do you guys think?

The US is evolving. What a great country!

The U.S. as we know it is collapsing. 100%. 

Whether it gets replaced by a lesser or greater version of itself remains to be seen. 

That is up to the people. If it's left up to the powers that be.. well, you know how that goes. 

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The man with the crossbow (in the video), WHAT DID HE DO!?!?!

Why did they burn his car?

Are you kidding? That dude was nuts. He had a lethal weapon out in the public and was preparing to fire it. That's exactly how I would hope the people would react. In India the people of the villages would self police their communities. If there was someone running around molesting their children, they wouldn't wait for the police to arrive (because there was none). They would beat the living shit out of that person and that was that. That's divine justice. 

On 6/3/2020 at 6:56 AM, louhad said:

@IJB063 Here's a collection of some thoughts I journaled yesterday regarding the riots:

Rioting is not a good thing. It is violent. It is destructive.

Don’t get mad at the rioters though.

Get mad at the conditions that lead to rioting. What is rioting other than a reflection of social dysfunction?

Happy people don’t riot. People who feel a sense of security don’t riot. People who feel like they have the opportunities and resources to pursue a life worth living don’t riot.

This isn’t about George Floyd. Floyd’s murder was just the tipping point. The deeper problem is systemic marginalization.

We need to collectively use this as an opportunity to reflect. As an opportunity to raise awareness. As an opportunity to create a more compassionate system that is designed to serve and uplift the human spirit. One that recognizes every member of our community as children of God.

Very well said.

8 hours ago, montecristo said:

while society is crumbling?

Hehe, society is better than it's ever been. Stop taking society for granted.

You are more skitish than a mouse.

"To him who is afraid, everything rustles." -- Sophocles ;)

There has not been a single time in human civilization better than today. Study your history so you have a proper context.

@Leo Gura ok fair enough, youre right that I'm skittish but it's gotten me this far:D. From a business/monetary/investment perspective, how do you feel about the climate currently?  I mean, I assume you'd prefer not to have a massive hit to your personal balance sheet.

It's an unprecedented time in that things are getting exponentially better and worse simultaneously. If you study history you'll notice that the levers of power have never been so long and things have never been so complex. Mistakes have global consequences.

Survival is survival, I'd rather not die in a silly way and money is inherently worthless, so how best to prepare?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

8 hours ago, montecristo said:

so how best to prepare?

Ignore all the noise, focus on your life purpose, being a creator, and doing your spiritual work.

That's it.

Whatever happens, happens. No point worrying about it.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

Hehe, society is better than it's ever been. Stop taking society for granted.

There has not been a single time in human civilization better than today. Study your history so you have a proper context.

Very good point.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ignore all the noise, focus on your life purpose, being a creator, and doing your spiritual work.

That's it.

Whatever happens, happens. No point worrying about it.

Yes, Yes, Yes.  Thank you Leo.

We have so much to be grateful for.

Leo is right guys.

Before you think about how society evolving from Orange to Green, think about how you will evolve from Orange to Green.

If it hurts you as an individual, so much more the society.

But the end result is peace.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

There are talks about defunding the police. It seems we need the police but maybe some people want to put it into test. 

Steven Pinker, the psychologist who was born and grew up in Montreal recalled how the wildcat police strike and the lawlessness that followed changed his views:

"As a young teenager in proudly peaceable Canada during the romantic 1960s, I was a true believer in Bakunin's anarchism. I laughed off my parents' argument that if the government ever laid down its arms all hell would break loose. Our competing predictions were put to the test at 8:00 a.m. on October 7, 1969, when the Montreal police went on strike. By 11:20 am, the first bank was robbed. By noon, most of the downtown stores were closed because of looting. Within a few more hours, taxi drivers burned down the garage of a limousine service that competed with them for airport customers, a rooftop sniper killed a provincial police officer, rioters broke into several hotels and restaurants, and a doctor slew a burglar in his suburban home. By the end of the day, six banks had been robbed, a hundred shops had been looted, twelve fires had been set, forty carloads of storefront glass had been broken, and three million dollars in property damage had been inflicted, before city authorities had to call in the army and, of course, the Mounties to restore order. This decisive empirical test left my politics in tatters (and offered a foretaste of life as a scientist)."[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray-Hill_riot

Defunding police will only make the problem worse as cops will be more stretched thin, ready to snap, and eager to arrest people for money.

This is where mob outrage becomes a problem. People are pissed off at police but that doesn't translate to wise policy.

If anything police need more money for better training, less stressful workloads, and to hire better people.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:20 AM, Dutch guy said:

Stop hurting eachother.

No one is disagreeing with you here.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:20 AM, Dutch guy said:

#allLivesMatter

Nor are they disagreeing with you here ^^^

How about some understanding? The black people of today cry for equality and want their feelings to be validated. I see hurt and anger and I think we owe it to them to show our support. Black lives do matter and this is a time open our arms to them.

@Leo Gura

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Defunding police will only make the problem worse as cops will be more stretched thin, ready to snap, and eager to arrest people for money.

This is where mob outrage becomes a problem. People are pissed off at police but that doesn't translate to wise policy.

If anything police need more money for better training, less stressful workloads, and to hire better people.

Amen 

No one hates the police more than I do, but I hate them as individuals (for the most part) not as a concept 

So not only are you right with all the consequences you mentioned with defunding the police

Defunding the police, also isn’t a good thing when your presented with guys in this video, it’s all fun and games to chant

Defund the police!

Black Lives Matter!

Pigs in a blanket fry like bacon!

But when you presented with this guy

You’re gonna be chanting 

Call 911!