Oliver Saavedra

What's this fear?

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody feels fear of adults or authority figures?

When I talk to my mom or people around their age (40 and above) I feel my body tensing and an automatic flight response, I notice myself trying to avoid them.

I have a hard time speaking with them, even when I really want to improve my relationship with them I feel fear.

Any advice?

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Meta-Man I'm 25, I feel their presence and their eyes very intimidating. I also remember having a lot of fear of cops. 

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Meta-Man That makes total sense, thanks! 

Yes I'm doing meditation daily, practicing sedona method, last year was doing shadow work and connecting more with my emotions, this year I'm connecting more with my body, been on african dance classes and now I'm working out at home harder than ever.

Everyday I'm more aware of my body and all its sensations, that plus the emotional work I'm doing, I'm sensing my electromagnetic field and can check its inbalances and with sedona method and concentration I'm being able to align my energy.

It's really weird tho, its a level of awareness I've never had and I feel like experiencing reality in a whole new way.

And even though I probably understand conceptually what's up with this fear, I feel it rooted in my body and having a hard time letting it go while on the interaction.

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Oliver Saavedra  I've typed myself as an enneatype 6 on the Enneagram. The chief feature is fear/doubt There's tons of information to be found with a google search of this subject if you're curious. I just did one and found a site that's new to me. 

https://www.enneagramworldwide.com/types/six-the-loyal-skeptic/

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Yes. Used to. Realized it is because you feel judged by their presence. Try to remind yourself that you do not have to look at yourself the way they look at you. And everytime you're going in their presence, remind yourself, you are not what they think of you. Repeat it everytime. Just a reminder. 

When fear arises meditate through it. Allow it. Feel it in your body watch the thoughts you having and do not try to fight it. Every time fear arises allow it breath through it. And be present. Been really present will snap you out of you inner projections. Also keep a journal everytime you face something you fear. It will help you see the pattern and understand the illusory nature of fear.