Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moon

Floyd's brother responds to riots- urges voting instead!

12 posts in this topic

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd-family-urge-people-to-do-this-another-way-and-vote-rather-than-cause-violence-11998827 (have a look at the video) 

For less privileged folk (due to race or class etc), even if stage blue are more likely to vote more "consciously" (even if for "selfish" reasons) but often don't because of lack of education or interest in politics. 

Love this response to counteract the impulsive but understandable rioting!

Edit: an underprivileged person in today's society in the US is likely to still have access to the internet- a stark advantage to the rioters from the previous century,a movement spreading the notion of education over violence would be truly impactful (e.g. how Cardi B's collab with Bernie Sanders introduced politics to a whole new crowd)

Edited by Moon

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I don't like how he made this about voting, because the problem and solution is more complex than that.. but I do like how he had an emphasis on not just voting for President, but at all levels of government. I know it's contradictory, but that's how I feel. 

all the corrupt people need to be exposed and punished and work on their own self improvement which will hopefully happen over time.

50 minutes ago, DivineSoda said:

the problem and solution is more complex than that

Yes of course but baby steps...

As you say it's complex so how are these rioters supposed to turn from this violence to the grand "solution"

At least this alternative is a better trajectory imo and gives these people a "voice" instead of burning down businesses of their own people.

If "green" + politicians gain more power, this is closer to the reformation of the US police and prison systems becoming a priority rather than more of the "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" mentality. 

34 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

all the corrupt people need to be exposed and punished and work on their own self improvement which will hopefully happen over time.

They should be punished with psychedelics ^_^

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

5 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

all the corrupt people need to be exposed and punished

You first ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You first ;)

No. You first.

We can keep saying that to each other forever. The world does not need more religion or philosophy. The world needs action.

It was a pretty powerful speech, you could feel his energy and passion.  

I think that emphasis he put on voting will actually lead to a lot of negative talk about trump from those in the media.  No one is gaining anything these days by siding with Trump and its going to have a domino effect quickly.

2 hours ago, The observer said:

No. You first.

With pleasure

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Do you enjoy avoiding the point of a different perspective? What you said does not change anything. It does not mean you're changing your ways. In fact, it means that you're insisting on being like you are. Who's more corrupt and who needs to fix themselves is not the point. We're all human beings and we all make mistakes. There are criminals out there that need to be controlled. Is it difficult? Sure. Is it directly relevant to my life? Probably not. But I can't see injustice and turn a blind eye to it.

Edited by The observer

Lmao. This thread is the most hilarious thing I've seen all day. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You first ;)

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.j

There's a division in the community and likely in Leo. Something's off lately