GreenWoods

Insane Potential of Deep Hypnosis (Astral Projections, Enlightenment,...)

32 posts in this topic

Thanks for creating this post man, this has so many possibilities. 

Also, can you get into the esdaile state without an audio recording? Meaning, can you just get to that state using mental vocalization? Can you at least get to somnabulism this way?

@Toadie2018 If you are good at it, you can get into the Esdaile State with your intention alone. 

Currently, I'm not yet able to get into the Esdaile State. And I'm not sure where I'm at. 

Brainwave Training during every-day Activities

I recommend listening to binaural beats (and other entrainment technologies) during the day as well. Just be exposed to it as much as possible. 

Listen to it while reading, cooking, eating, learning, working out,...  

If you use isochronic tones, then you don't even need headphones (though I guess binaural beats might be a bit more effective). The unexplainable store has some good isochronic tones.

Listen to low frequencies most of the time. But some gamma is also good. Gamma is also important for lucid dreaming. While lucid dreaming, you have both low braiwnaves (theta) and high brainwaves (gamma, at around 40 Hz). And some activities - like working out- might be nice for gamma. But it would also be nice if you manage to get some theta waves (even) while working out. "Gamma Bursts" from iawake is nice.

Listening to binaural beats while for example reading is obviously less effective than listening to them while meditating. So it obviously doesn't replace your trance routine. But I believe it is very beneficial to do it additionally. Even if it has only 20% of the effectivity of binaurals during meditation, you will still get far if you do it for a good time each day. It doesn't require extra time, it's just optimizing your current way of living.

This is particularly benficial for training to have lower baseline brainwaves. Probably by far the best practice you could do for that. 

The Key for OBEs

The key is to be able to remain conscious while the body falls asleep. Then you experience the Void. No sensations. From there you can very easiliy induce OBEs. Or 'deepen' the Void for very deep non-dual states.

How to get there:

- A: Trance Work

That's what this thread has been about. Deepening your trance till you get to the Void. The stages might be:

1. relaxation
  2. body feels heavy
  3. body feels like sinking down
  4. the body might feel strange, funny and tingly
  5. unsure where exactly some of your limbs are
  6. body fading away
  7. full paralysis. You can't move your body, even if you tried full force
  8. No sensations, or barely no sensations of your body. Sounds from the physical world completely or almost shut down. Completely black, no funny lights in front of your closed eyes. Your physical body is now fully asleep and in theta brainwaves.

But it can be very different for everyone. If you do an exit technique, the vibrations usually appear at 8.. They usually appear once you are at least at 7.

When you listen to theta binaural beats, you will get some theta brainwaves, but the majority will probably be in alpha. The goal of trance is to get the majority of your brainwaves into theta (or deeper). That means your body must fall asleep. So when you sit or better lie down for trance work, know that the goal is that your body falls asleep. So the best time to practice is when you are tired. Choose the degree of your tiredness so that you are just at the sweetspot, not tired enough that you completely fall asleep (your mind included), but tired enough that your body can fall asleep. Good times might be just before bed, after waking up, or in the afternoon. But the best is to do a WBTB. Perhaps after 6 hours of sleep. The Timing depends on how easiliy you fall back asleep. At this time it is most easy. You are in REM, hormones are right, ect..  Most powerful moment (yet very short moment) would be immediately upon waking up (without moving). This could be considered a DEILD.

I recommend using brainwave entrainment and hypnosis. Either guided hypnosis or doing it in your head yourself.

What I wrote in the first post about the time required to reach the Esdaile State was very unrealistic. I oriented my assumption on Marco Lorenz's words that you reach the Esdaile State after around 21 times of listening to his Esdaile state hypnosis (in german). I multiplied that by around 5, but that is still way too little. First you learn how to enter the theta-brainwave Void. Then you have REM or light sleep. Then you learn how to enter the delta-brainwave Void (deep sleep). And then you can think about entering epsilon brainwaves. I don't know at what point you are in the Esdaile State. Or at what point you could have a heart surgery without narcotics. There is too little information out there. But I still think going to a skilled hypnotist might be a big shortcut. But I don't know. But judging by the videos I posted, it does seem very promising. So if you know a nearby hypnotist who can get his clients into the Esdaile State, definitely consider it.

Once you are very good at getting to the Void, you should be able to get there within a few minutes, at any time (or at least when you are at least a bit tired), or even in less than a minute.

- B: Conscious falling asleep

That's the most straightforward. But I stupidly didn't realize that. Just try to stay conscious while your body falls asleep. I tried that when I first heard about WILD and astral projection, but quickly decided that this isn't for me because I saw no way how I should accomplish that. I tried a few times, got nowhere close and gave up. But I don't think it's as difficult as I thought. You just gotta keep practicing. Eventually you will get there. You also don't need to be a very good meditator (though it surely helps enourmosly), normal people manage it too (after much practice). You are just not used to staying conscious while your body falls asleep, so it just takes some practice.

In order to keep your mind awake you can focus it on:

• sensations
  • chakras
  • visualizations 
  • mantras like " mind awake (/aware), body asleep"
  • counting
  • deepening your trance
  • awareness of awareness

If you monophasically sleep for 8 hours, you have one try each day. If you start setting alarms every ten minutes, after for example 3 hours of initial sleep (thus you have your deep sleep), for the remaining 5 hours, you would theoretically have 30 tries each day. In one day as much training as otherwise in one month. But practically, you won't manage to approach the awake/asleep threshold 30 times, every 10 minutes. You will often be too awake. But such a schedule would still yield FAR more progress than 8 hours of monophasic sleep. At least do a few WBTBs.

If you set so many alarm clocks, you could consider using an alarm clock (app) which turns itself off after a given amount of time (for example 20 seconds). Thus you won't wake up if you are in deep sleep. But it comes at the cost of missing some alarms. But the big advantage is that you can try to DEILD every time. I wrote more about DEILD here: 

(If you are interested in DEILDs, you should read the book "The Phase". Read about the indirect method. Though, DEILDs become most effective once you don't need any visualizations but can use your trance anchors instead)

The previously mentioned stages up to the Void also apply for conscious falling asleep.

You might also consider getting a sleep tracking device. It can be very valuable to know whether you are asleep or awake, to know your sleep cycles, to know what impact these alarm clocks have,...

I ordered the Fitbit charge 4. It seems to have a very good cost-benefit ratio. It costs around $150. This guy compared its accuracy to an EEG:

It is obviously not totally reliable. And particularly when you do trance work, I'm afraid it could confuse a semi-deep trance (where your body is still awake) with light sleep.

I started practicing conscious falling asleep around 3 days ago.

- C: Micro Sleep

If you practice conscious falling asleep, you will experience dipping in and out of sleep. It can be beneficial to deliberately practice to get good at micro sleep, because every time you dip back out of sleep, your body is more relaxed and closer to sleep.

Examples how to practice:

• holding a hand up. Upon falling asleep, it will fall down and hopefully wake you up
  • Like Thomas Eddison, hold a metal ball, which will fall onto the floor, waking you up.
  • Intention to wake up quickly after having fallen asleep
  • setting many alarm clocks to make sure you wake up. Thus teaching your body
  • When I listen to guided hypnosis and am very tired, I sometimes automatically dip in and out of sleep (undeliberately).

Practicing micro sleep is not necessarily required. I don't really deliberately practice it.

- D: Lucid Dream Induced

You (can) experience the theta Void from a lucid dream when:

• you wake up from it
  • the dream completely changes
  • you deliberately dissolve the dream 

Deliberately dissolving the dream content till nothing is left - except for the theta Void - is practiced in dream yoga.

The benefit of doing these practcies is that you are hitting it from the other side. Trance, conscious falling asleep and micro sleep is like pulling yourself up when doing pull ups. Dissolving a lucid dream or trying to prolong the tiny transitional theta Void state between the end of a lucid dream and waking up, can be considered slowly letting yourself down (when doing pull ups). Like reverse engineering the process.

And having lucid dreams makes the journey more enjoyable. 

To effectively practice dissolving a dream scene, you should be a somewhat advanced lucid dreamer. but to practice prolonging the theta void when waking up, you can be a total beginner. As long as the dream ends lucidly, you have a chance to practice (but tbh, it probably won't do much for your progress if you are a beginner).

There are plenty of techniques to have lucid dreams. For example the above-mentioned DEILD. Most common lucid dreams are DILDs. Here I listed different tools for DILDs.

More about the Void

It is definitely not necessary to reach the Void in order to induce OBEs the WILD way. 

There are people who can induce OBEs (with the WILD technique) with only having a small degree of sleep paralysis. Without deep trance. Unless you are very talented, this ususally means that it takes 40-100+ minutes of lying still. And doesn't have a high success rate, even if you have a lot experience. And being in REM is almost obligatory. For most people, all the exit techniques only become most effective once you are in full sleep paralysis. Even better is being in the Void. It also works if you are otherwise in a suituable state, like immediately upon waking up from a dream (and then doing DEILD).

Full sleep paralysis could be considered enough, but I nevertheless recommend you have the Void as your goal. To be able to reliably enter the Void in less than 5 minutes, at any time during the day (with your trance skills. Your trance anchors). From there all doors are open. You can induce OBEs or do hardcore self-inquiry. Eventually you will also be able to be conscious during the whole night. Either enjoying OBEs or blissing out in delta Void during dreamless sleep. No more time wasted sleeping. Your spiritual progress curve goes through the roof.

If you are interested in awakening, this thread might be interesting as well:

I have been mentioning "theta" and "delta" Void. That's because the Void has different 'degrees'. If you lucid dream, you have theta brainwaves, so you have access to what I call the theta Void. The next step is being conscious during dreamless sleep. This Void is more void. But it's still not completely void, for example, many say having houghts is still possible. Here you have delta brainwaves. I guess that's as far as most buddhist sleep yogis ever get. But the next step would be having epsilon brainwaves. Hardcore yogis do that.

There are not much resources about the Void and conscious sleep. It is mentioned (along with dream and sleep yoga) in books like: Dream Yoga by Andrew Holecek, The Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep by Tenzin Wangyal, Dreaming Yourself Awake by B. Alan Wallace.

On the internet, your best bets are probably forums. For example that thread: https://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dreaming/142072-exploring-delta-sleep.html

That website might also have something useful: http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm

(btw, when I use the word "Void", I use it for practical sake the way astral projectors define it)

- Conclusion

The important practices are trance work and conscious falling asleep. They complement each other nicely.  I strongly recommend doing both. Practicing both at the same time is most effective. But you should also spend time focusing solely on conscious falling asleep. That's very important.

Dream Recall

- Benefis 

• in oder to remember your dreams better, you need more consciousness in your dreams. So doing things that improve dream recall results in being more conscious during dreams, which increases the likelihood for DILDs
  • If you forget your dreams, you basically tell your subconscious that this other world (dreams, astral projections,...) is not important. By working on dream recall you make it clear that it is important. Thus your subconscious will 'help' more to get you OBEs
  • You probably have quite some lucid dreams every now and then, but don't know it because you have 0 recall of it.
  • Dream recall is necessary if you want to remember your OBE adventures 
  • Even if you never get lucid, remembering your dreama still has value. Remember a dream. Now remember something you did 2 weeks ago. Is the memory that different? Lucid or not lucid, you have around 2 hours of asventures and deep inner learning every night. And you through away the memories. 
  • Find dream signs / commonalities

- How to improve Dream Recall

• Associative technique (I will write about that in a future post)
  • Dream journal. with a pen
  • Recall your dreams during the day (15 seconds here and there can already be significant)
  • Try to recall dreams from a few days ago
  • use hypnosis
  • Don't move upon waking. Relive your dreams
  • Strong intention during the day and particularly just before sleep
  • Affirmations, Mantras
  • Before bed, visualize how you will wake up and remember many dreams
  • when in a long lucid dream. recall all of the dream (within the dream) before you wake up. And store/save it.
  • Light sleep probably also imporves recall, because you are more conscious (which also means increased likelihood for DILDs). For light sleep: lights on (but I don't recommend that because of Melatonin. but it does work), sleep sitting or in an inclined position, musik while sleeping, alarm clocks every few minutes, techniques for micro sleep,...
  • wake up from REM
  • preferably wake up without an alarm
  • Sleep long and have much REM. 
  • Recall what you did yesterday
  • supplements like vitamin B6

If you dont get lucid, I would recommend you rather spend time building more crucial skills like trance and conscious falling asleep. At least if you are mainly interested in WILD. Buf if you are interested in DILDs then dream recall is crucial. 

Edited by GreenWoods

The Associative Dream Recall Technique

Having a dream journal is most important for dream recall. But I don't really keep one. I find it too boring and it always feels like wasting time. Therefore I never had good dream recall. But dream recall is important, therefore I came up with something better. I believe it is far more powerful than writing down your dreams. It will also take less time and be a lot more fun.

Part A is done upon waking up and Part B is done later in the day.

- Part A (1)

1.  Go through your dreams and associate each dream with a fitting object. Let's call these objects "Dream-Objects"

Now, just thinking about the object will trigger some memories of the dream. Thus you can access your dreams later on. 

- Part A (2)

Requirements:

• Scene-Objects. You imagine 10 random objects and make them your permanent Scene-Objects. For exanple: chair, toilet paper, dwarf, light saber,... You give each of them a number from 1-10. Now memorize them in the right order.
  • Sub-Scene-Objects: The same. But 5 are enough. Don't take one that is already a Scene-Object.
  • Trigger for a Sub-Scene. That could be another object like a pink pig. Or a certain smell, or sound.

Continuation of the Technique:

2.  Identify 10 key scenes in the dream. (0, 5, or 10 scenes. Otherwise you won't be able to remember how many scenes you identified for that dream)

3.  Associate each scene with one of your 10 Scene-Objects in the right oder. Insert the Scene-Object into the dream. Combine it with the dream scene. Have it interact with it. The Scene-Object might for example be a toothbrush, and the dream scene might be you fighting a bear. Now you could change the memory such that you use the toothbrush to fight the bear.  From now on, thinking about that Scene-Object (in combination with the Dream-Object) should immediately trigger the memory of that scene. So you will have access to all 10 scenes of that dream in the right order. Having the 10 scenes should be enough to reconstruct what happened between the scenes, thus you can reconstruct the whole dream in detail.

4.  In case there is a scene which is very important, you can additionally add your 5 Sub-Scene-Objects to that scene. You identify 5 important parts of that scene and associate them with the Sub-Scene-Objects. In order to remember that you added Sub-Scene-Objects to a scene, you additionally add your Sub-Scene Trigger to the scene. Have it interact with the Scene-Object and scene.

Now write your Dream-Objects and Scene-Objects (and Sub-Scene-Objects) into your Dream Journal. 

- Part A (3) (optional)

Requirements:

• Mind Palace: You can take any real or imaginary place as a mind palace. Peal places are better. The better you know that place the better. Best is your house. Also fine are the houses of friends and family. If you run out of places, you can also take public places like school, church, hospital, park, streets,..

Continuation of the technique:

5.  On every day, combine all your Dream-Objects of your dreams from that day into one story. So if you have 4 dreams, you have 4 Dream-Objects and create a short hilarious story with them.

6.  Memorize the story and associate it with a fitting object ( = Story-Object). 

7.  Take one of your mind palaces. For example your house. Each room represents one month of the year. (use a different house for each year). Identify up to 31 locations in each room, and memorize their order. So perhaps starting left from the door and going once around the room. It's also easier if you always use 7 locations on each side. Today is October the 30th. So mentally go into the room which represents October. And go to the 30th location. Add your Story-Object here. Have it interact with the 30th location.

31 locations in each room is quite a lot. If you have enough mind palaces you could use one mind palace for each month. Or you jusy don't store every day in the mind palace, only days with significant dreams. Thus 10 locations each room will be enough

There is also an alternative to memorizing the order of the locations in each room: associate objects to the numbers 1-30 and memorize them in the right order. For example use fantasy figures like Harry Potter, Mario, Yoshi,... So if Yoshi is number 30, you take the next best location in your room and link that location with yoshi and with your Story-Object (from day 30). Animate it. have them interact.

But, I actually think that Part A (3) is needless/redundant. The magic lies in Part A (1),(2). I think you might just as well write your Dream-Objects and Scene-Objects into your Dream Journal. 

- Part B

Part B is about using your Trigger Objects to recall your dreams later on the same day and some days later.

You should take evey evening (or any time during the day) 2-15 minutes to:

• Use the Trigger Objects from today morning and recall the dreams (don't look up the Trigger Objects in your dream journal)
  • Use some Trigger Objects from the past and recall the correlating dreams (you can use your drean journal to remember these Trigger Objects)

Perhaps use every Trigger Object:

1. later, on the same day that you created it and had the dream
  2. Two days later 
  3. One week later
  4. Once a month from now on 

Taking 20-100 seconds for each dream should be enough.

It is important that you are able to recall your dreams not just once when you write them down a few seconds or minutes after having had them, but also to recall them later that day and a few days later again. 

Writing your dreams down and then forgetting about them is signalling that they are not that important and once written down they are fine to be forgotten. But if you are able to effortlessly recall your dreams days, weeks and even months later, you are telling your subconsciousness that dreams and dream recall is very important.

- Additional Information:

• It is important that you make the associations/links outlandish, hilarious, strange. Thus it will be easy for you to remember it
  • Also animate it if possible. create short hilarious interactions. 
  • Put your focus on the right direction. It is not important that you for example remember your Scene-Object when you have the scene. You need to remember the scenr when you have the Scene-Object. So make sure you make the association in that direction 
  • I came up with the Associative Dream Recall Technique today (tonight, when I didn't manage to fall back asleep due to my crazy sleep schedule:D ), so I haven't field-tested it yet. But I used a similar but simpler version for school.
  • Once you trained your creative muscles, you should be able to come up with good associations almost instantly or within a few seconds. So, with practcie you should be able to do the whole procedure quite quickly.
  • A year ago I had a time when I took dream journaling seriously. I wrote down my dreams every day for around 30 minutes. I believe I would have achieved far better dream call with less time investment if I had used Part A (1),(2) and Part B of the Associative Technique.

- Advantages of the Associative Technique compared to Dream Journaling 

• more powerful
  • saves time
  • more fun and entertaining
  • you practice your creative muscles and do some serious brain work outs.
  • You remember many old dreams without having to look at your dream journal

- Advantages of a Dream Journal

• saving the data on paper is more reliable
  • a dream journal is better suited to identify your dream signs
  • a dream journal is better for a very detailed description

Therfore, I would still write down dreams to some extend. Perhaps spending 2 minutes each day of writing down a short dream in great great detail. And very important dreams should be written down as well. 

Spending 5 minutes less writing down your dreams and using that time for doing the Associative Technique instead, will probably make a very significant difference in your dream recall.

Start with Part A (1) and Part B. If you enjoy it, add Part A (2).

Some more Thoughts on Dream Recall

- How to better remember lucid dreams:

• During the LD, take notes, describe what's happening and affirm that you will remember it
  • Before going to bed, take any physical object and put it on the floor. Use a different object everytime. Before waking from your LD, try to link your LD to that object. Come up with a quick memorable association. Then upon waking, look at the physical object. If you made the association good enough, it will trigger the dream
  • You can also try to additionally link important scenes of the dream to the physical object.
  • At the end of the LD, visit your mind palace and store the dream there (link and associate the dream to a location in your mind palace)

- How to better remember dreams

• If you can't remember, fake it. Pretend that you got the memories. visualize your reaction of suddenly remembering your dreams. Firmly pretend. Then think about simething else for a few seconds. Then gently bring your mind back to trying to remember your dreams. Keep it very relaxed, so that your subconscious has enough space to bring up the information. btw, the technique also works quite well for remembering anything in general.
  • Train yourself to be conscious during deeper brain waves. While OBEing you have deep brainwaves. If you wake up and the transition from deep to normal brainwaves is to quick and you are not good at remaining fully conscious during that transition, you are more likely to not remember as much.

- The Associative Dream Recall Technique 

I guess Part A (2) should be simplified, particularly if the dreams are not mega long. So you got your Dream-Object (which represents your dream) from Part A (1). Rather than giving every important scene an extra object, just refine your dream object. For example, you dreamt about a cat and you made a cat your Dream-Object. One scene might have been how the cat steels your socks. So perhaps put some socks onto your cat. If it ate your cake, have its mouth covered with whip cream. Etc.... So  basically decorate and add to your Dream-Object.

That can basically replace Part A (2). 

Now the Associative technique is quite simple. Just link your dream to any object. And make further alterations on that object according to important dream scenes.

I've been applying that the past days and it works.

Edited by GreenWoods

Sleep Yoga

Everything I wrote here in this thread can work, but is way too weak.

In order to learn sleep yoga (which results in: 2h lucid dreaming + 6h Void meditation each night) check out this thread:

Particularly the post of the "Refined Technique". This technique is not only key for sleep yoga, but also if you are just interested in astral projection or WILD.

Edited by GreenWoods

Thank you for sharing. Currently I'm reading all your topics ;)

What was that video? Now it's unavailable so it became even more interesting ¬¬

On 01/06/2020 at 4:05 PM, GreenWoods said:

2.3 Orgasms

You can have very long hands-free, whole-body orgasms. And if you anchor it, you can have them instantly. Here is one hypnosis audio for hands free orgasms: 

Already on the first time listening, I felt a surge of pleasure throuch my whole body every time she clapped her hands. I haven't watched it often, so I haven't had a full whole-body orgasm yet. The deeper you can go into trance, the more powerful it will be. So if you are not in trance, you won't feel anything.

Edited by Username

7 hours ago, Username said:

Thank you for sharing. Currently I'm reading all your topics ;)

:)

7 hours ago, Username said:

What was that video? Now it's unavailable so it became even more interesting ¬¬

It was from the youtube channel UltraHypnosis.

It seems they moved pretty much all the erotic hypnosis to patreon.

There are still 2 in the erotic playlist, but as far as I remember the others were a lot better.

wow this is interesting.. will come back here to read through all of this. Thanks for making this