GreenWoods

Insane Potential of Deep Hypnosis (Astral Projections, Enlightenment,...)

32 posts in this topic

1.Hypnotic Phenomena

• Catalepsy: Inability to move
  • Anesthesia: Inability to feel/sense a body part 
  • Amnesia: Inability to remember sth
  • Somnambulism: very deep trance
  • Esdaile State / Coma State: The deepest hypnotic state. When a patient is allergic against narcotics, then some doctors used to bring the patient into the Esdaile State for heart surgeries. You keep full consciousness while in the Esdaile State and are so deep that you wouldn't even feel a heart surgery. 

The nice thing about hypnotic phenomena is that they can be anchored. That means, if you anchor the Esdaile State you can enter it at any time in less than 10 seconds.

2.Benefits

2.1. OBEs

- How to reliably have OBEs:

- Benefits of OBEs: 

2.2 Enlightenment

2 possibilities:

1. Once in the Esdaile State, induce an OBE and then materialize and take psychedelics.
  2. The Esdaile State itself is already somewhat nondual. If you want to meditate towards enlightenment, then first go into the Esdaile State, and then do your meditation or self-inquiry, it will be on steroids. How many monks are able to go so deep that they could have a heart surgery without narcotics? Imagine starting your meditation practice from that place.

2.3 Orgasms

You can have very long hands-free, whole-body orgasms. And if you anchor it, you can have them instantly. Here is one hypnosis audio for hands free orgasms: 

Already on the first time listening, I felt a surge of pleasure throuch my whole body every time she clapped her hands. I haven't watched it often, so I haven't had a full whole-body orgasm yet. The deeper you can go into trance, the more powerful it will be. So if you are not in trance, you won't feel anything.

2.4 Change your Subconscious

So many people do affirmations while only in a shallow trance. You gotta be in somnambulism for them to be very effective.

2.5 Healing and Regeneration

• Esdaile State: Marco Lorenz says that your body heals far quicker when in the Esdaile State. He also says that it is the highest form of regeneration. He sometimes goes for a few days without sleep and spends a few hours in the Esdaile State, and he feels perfectly rested. I believe he said 1 hour of being in the Esdaile State equals 8 hours of sleep in terms of energy and regeneration. But he said it doesn't permanently replace sleep.
  • Sichort State: This state is similar to the Esdaile State. Mr Sichort supposedly found that physical healing is increased 6-10 times while being in that state. This was apparently documented by the doctors Dolman and Marko through a method of systemic encyme counts. ( I haven't fact-checked that). Mr. Sichort is for example said to have healed a girl that was born with polio.

3. Esdaile State

It was discovered by James Esdaile, a Scottish surgeon. It is reported that he reduced the post-operative fatality rate from 50% down to below 10% (compared to surgeries with narcotics), because of a lessening of post-operative shock (in the 19th century).

I guess the Esdaile State is similar to sleep yoga, staying aware during deep sleep. Though sleep yoga is certainly way more nondual, but that might be because the monks are trained and aim for concentrating on the nondual. And it probably also depends on the depth of the Esdaile State (in case it has degrees of depth). In any case, Marco Lorenz said that when you are fully in the Esdaile State, you have epsilon brainwaves (0-0.5hz). And the tibetan monks have delta brain waves (0.5-4 hz) during deep sleep. If you look up epsilon brainwaves, they are found in hard core yogis. So getting into epsilon is definitely very valuable. And it is definitely far easier to get into the Esdaile State than managing sleep yoga. That might indicate that you are in a deeper state in sleep yoga, or that their techniques are less effective, idk.

The fastest way to enter the Eadaile State is by going to a hypnotist. If he is very good, you can enter it within a few sessions. Once you have been there a few times and have already somewhat anchored it, it is far easier to achieve on your own.

On your own, by listening to good  audios, I guess that the average practitioner can reliably enter the Esdaile State after 40-200 hours of practice.

Two videos where Marco talks a bit about the Esdaile State in german:

4. Going into Trance 

First of all, going into trance is a skill like playing football, the more you practice the better you get. And everyone can be hypnotized and go deep into trance.

I would suggest you listen to a good guided hypnosis that brings you to the Esdaile State. Unfortunately there isn't much out there. 

Unless you find a very good one, I would recommend that after listening to many different hypnosis audios and somewhat learning how hypnosis works, you make your own script and record it. The benefit is that you can perfectly adjust it to your goals, strengths and weaknesses, and you can mix in the binaural beats you like most. I've already made a few hypnosis audios myself. With some I can't go deep in trance, but with one I get deeper than with professional audios. So making them yourself definitely works and it isn't that much work, just write a script, record it, mix the recordings together and add binaural beats. There are free audio editing apps.

Some basic tips:

• The most important thing about hypnosis is that you are passive, receptive, surrender and let go. The conscious mind needs to step aside so that it is directly communicated with the subconscious. Dont try to make anything happen, just observe and notice how it happens by itself (when you are suggested to go deeper or relax. But when you are suggested to nod your head, you can consciously nod the head)
  • If you want to get very deep then it's helpful to be a bit tired. You need to find the sweetspot so that you are a bit tired and are more receptive but not as tired that you fall asleep or can't concentrate. I like to do all my hypnosis while lying down.
  • If you want to induce OBEs or mystical states, then do the hypnosis during the night after a WBTB.
  • In order to go very deep into trance you usually need a deep bodily and mental relaxation
  • If you doubt at the beginning whether you are actually in trance: You probably are. Trance doesn't feel magical. Everytime you watch tv you go into trance. The question is how deep you go.
  • Swallow reflex. I put some pillows beneath my matress and pillows beneath my head, that makes a big difference. Otherwise, you just need to get used to the salvio and untrain the swallow reflex. Or just use it as a deepener. "Every time I swallow I sink deeper into trance".
  • You can improve your suggestibility by making suggestions to yourself during the day and then following them like: "when I count to 5 I'm gonna drink sth".
  • I recommend you record yourself saying some suggestions including some which improve your suggestibility and which say that you can easiliy go deep into hypnosis and into the Eadaile State. Then listen to it after a deep hypnosis session.

5. Audios

5.1 Esdaile State 

5.2 Deep Hypnosis

The youtube channel UltraHypnosis has a whole playlist with deep hypnosis audios. Here are some:

https://youtu.be/zzTrR-WsbMU

5.3 Audios by:

5.4 Binaural Beats 

I had been underestimating the power of binaural beats (and isochronic tones). You can't expect them to work on the first try. The brain is like a muscle, and everytime you listen to binaural beats, you train a specific brain region. Thus you can train your brain to go into alpha, theta, delta and ultimately epsilon waves. So binaural beats are very useful to mix into hypsnosis adios. When you practice with binaural beats, you should gradually go down from alpha to epsilon over a course of weeks or months without skipping a stage. And you must have headphones. (I believe In ear headphones are fine too, but the quality is lower). 

I recommend the binaural beats by Marco lorenz. He has the most high quality. Usually you get them in mp3, but he sells them in wav 24 and wav 36. That means the quality is exponentially higher and he said he observed a noticable difference on the EEG. Before you buy the more expensive wav version, make sure that you have a device that can deliver the quality. It certainly isn't necessary to have them in wav but it probably gives an additional boost. Marco has his own research lab and adds some more technologes to his binaural beats like 3D technlogies and dissociative sounds. His website is in german, so use google translate.  The binaural beats are without voice so it doesn't matter.

Here is a link to some of his binaural beats.  https://www.brainwave3d.com/meditation/tiefenmeditation-fuer-profis/ I can recommend alpha till epsilon. If they are too expensive, then binaurals from youtube will certainly do as well.

6. Resources to learn hypnosis

• Google: go through reddit posts, they have a lot of valuable information. Don't even bother searching through normal internet sites, most are so low quality.
  • YouTube: Watch some of Zeck Pincince videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu0USluM11DeKM2-VlczMeA He is very skilled. You can learn a lot by watching him. 
  • Books:
  1. "The Elman Induction" by Graham Old. Informative short book. Also includes some pages about the Esdaile State with an induction script. Very recommended
  2. I haven't yet read these two but they are said to be good: "Hypnosis: A Comprehensive Guide: Producing Deep Trance Phenomena". and : "Reality is plastic"

If you have any questions, Im happy to answer :)

Edited by GreenWoods

How to reliably have OBEs

If you want to induce an OBE (lucid dream, astral projection or soul travel) you need total body relaxation, then wait till you are in sleep paralysis then usually wait for the vibrations and then you can exit the body. You need your body to fall asleep while your mind stays awake.This is very difficult. Even if a beginner manages to do that, it will usually take more than an hour. Even for advanced people it takes usually 10-30+ minutes and doesn't have a 70+ success rate for most.

I believe Hypnosis is the key. And there are 2 ways:

1.Esdaile State

If you are able to enter the Eadaile State you have won. If you have anchored it you can enter it in less than 10 seconds. Thus you also immediately have perfect body and mental relaxation, more than what is required for OBEs. Most importantly you are very deep in trance, and you are already somewhat disconnected from your physical body, so it's relatively easy to induce an OBE from there. Particularly if you are in REM. Just set several alarms during the night which turn themselves off after a few seconds. Upon awakening, you go into the Esdaile State, then you should almost immediately perceive the vibrations and then be thrown into an OBE. The success rate should be very high. If you do a WBTB then it should also be very easy because you are in or close to REM.

Doing it during the day will probbaly take a bit longer but should also be easy with practice. The problem is, there is close to no information about it anywhere. And I'm not there yet so I can't talk from direct experience yet. But Marco Lorenz says that you can very quickly induce OBEs from the Esdaile State even during the day. It is also possible to anchor the disconnect from the physical body, the shifting of your consciousness into a etheric body. So in case you have difficulties inducing OBEs from the Esdaile State during the day, then first practice during REM and anchor the disconnect.

2. Anesthesia and Amnesia

First of all I would use hypnosis to achieve the body and mental relaxation needed for OBEs.

A stepping stone to OBEs is sleep paralysis, so why not fake it with catalepsy? 

Even more powerful: Induce whole-body anesthesia (inability to feel/sense your body). Then it should be easy to get into the natural sleep paralysis.

One more step would be to induce body amnesia, so that you have forgotten that you even have a physical body. But you need perfect anesthesia for this to work, or you would need to be distracted from your physical body like through visualizations.

The nice thing is, that the body, mental relaxation, anesthesia and amnesia can - just like every hypnotic phenomon- be anchored. So you can induce them within a few seconds once you have them firmly anchored.

If you want you can make a script including them.

OBE Visualizations and Dimensional Shifts

Visualizations can be seen as a bridge between the physical world and other worlds. If you want, you can visualize yourself being in a visualized/etheric body somewhere else once you are in the Esdaile State or have your body in anesthesia (and amnesia).

Here I wrote about turning visualizations into full OBEs:

Now I write an upgraded version. 1. Before you start the visualizations, go into the Esdaile State or have your body in anesthesia (and amnesia). 2. make the visualizations more powerful through what I call dimensional shifts. I got the idea from Marco Lorenz, he calls it Phasenverschiebung. But I have improved the concept.

worlds within worlds: I don't know how it's called but in hypnisis is a concept that if you visualize a scene and then visualize how you go a layer deeper, it can create the illusion that you are actually deeper and further away from the physical reality. It's like inception, a dream within a dream. Many people report having dreams which appear like dreams within dreams. Dreams within dreams are not possible (as far as I know) but when you create the illusion of a dream within a dream it can feel that way.

Two ways of creating the illusion

1. Falling asleep. So you visualize how you fall asleep on a bed, and have a dream. Then you can fall asleep in that dream and wake up in another dream
  2. You visualize going through some kind of portal. I prefer a picture, laptop or tv screen. Because that creates the illusion of being in a world within a world. So I would visualize how I stand in front of a tv and see a scene where another me is doing something. Then I would visualize being drawn into the screen into the second body.

How to make the illusion more convincing:

• Stay completely focused in your visualizations. Therefore anesthesia and amnesia are nice.
  • Going back: Let's say you are 3 layers deep and want to go back. Then you DON'T just open your physical eyes. In order to do that you first have to go back layer for layer. I would do it this way:
  • Dreams within dreams: Fall asleep in dream 1 in a lets say blue bed. wake up in dream 2 in a blue bed. Then fall asleep in a green bed and wake up in dream 3 in a green bed. Then to get out, you fall asleep in dream 3 in a green bed, wake up in dream 2 in a green bed, fall asleep in a blue bed and wake up un dream 1 in a blue bed then fall again asleep in another bed and wake up (or pretending to wake up if you weren't actually asleep) in your real bed.
  • TVs within TVs: in layer 1 you have a red wristband. In layer 2 your layer 2 body has a orange wristband. In order to get back you must take off the wristband, then immediately notice how you are sucked out of your body, now see the scene from a 3rd person point of view, then see the scene + the body you just left in the tv screen while now being in layer 2 in your layer 2 body with the red wristband.
  • Forget the previous layer. If you forget your previous layers and are fully focused in the  visualizations then you forget your physical body and that you are visualizing, which will make it easier for the visualizations to turn into real OBEs. You could for example anchor amnesia with a gray fog. Then when you wake up in a dream within a dream, you visually how the bed dissolves behind a grey fog. 
  • False memories: To make that even more powerful, you can create false memories (like what people sometimes have in lucid dreams). So after having forgotten the  bed and that you woke up, you implant yourself a false memory how you for example walked to that place.
  • Hallucinations: The more vivid the visualizations the better. When visualizations are as vivid as real life then they can be called hallucinations. It is possible to induce hallucinations through hypnosis but it is extremely difficult and I could hardly find anything online about it. But for example Zach Pincince has his hypnotees believe that he is their favourite celebrity. So do they hallucinate the celebrity? It's probably that they still see Zach but believe that he is the celebtrity. So what he is doing isn't actual hallucination but rather a mind trick. But if he can convince them to believe that he is their favorite celebrity then it should also be possible to trick our minds to believe that our visualizations are (as vivid as) real life. But it will be difficult.

All of that is not necessary if you are good at getting into the Esdaile State or inducing whole-body anesthesia. But if you are interested in turing visualizations into full OBEs then it might be helpful.

Edited by GreenWoods

Anchor natural DMT production

Ways to naturally produce DMT:

If you do the breathing techniques or the listening to certain sounds/frequencies regularly, you will increase your baseline DMT level. Which will have many spiritual benefits, like more easy to OBE, easier to recognize your true Self,..

The nice thing is that you can anchor DMT release. Let's say you do DMT breathing and realease some DMT, then you can anchor that. That means,  after having firmly anchored the DMT release, whenever you use that anchor in the future, you will instantly produce/release some DMT. 

Marco Lorenz made this (german) hypnosis audio to release DMT through some breathing + hypnosis and then anchor it: https://www.brainwave3d.com/gateprogramm/gate-1-10/115/dmt-breathing-dmt-trip-selber-ausloesen-gate-7?c=53 Some people who have taken psychedelic DMT apparently reported that they had a similar experience with this hypnosis. Here he talks about the hypnosis audio:

The DMT you release when doing a breathing exercise usually doesn't come close to psychedelic DMT trips. So how about you combine many of the above-mentioned points? That will increase the DMT release, though it will probably still not get close to a psychedelic DMT trip, unless you combine it with the Esdaile State or OBE technique.

So once you are good at hypnosis, do as many of the ways to produce DMT as possible and then anchor it. Then you can instantly realease probably nice amounts of DMT. And doing that regularly will increase your baseline DMT level. I wonder whether there is a maximum amount of DMT your body can produce. Like if you did a 40 day dark room retreat, and spent the whole day doing breathing exercises , listening to DMT sounds and using your DMT anchor, will your DMT level just keep increasing? After a certain point it will probably get exponentially harder to produce more DMT. Is that ceiling below or above the level of DMT trips? Also, many people believe that we release huge quantities of DMT when we die or have a NDE (and at birth). So that means, it seems like the body is indeed capable of releasing huge quantities of DMT. If the body can do that upon death, then it can also do it after hard-core DMT practices. And then you anchor that :)

Though I guess, even if you managed to firmly anchor the DMT production, the DMT release will probably get less and less, the more often you use the anchor, unless you are extremely good at hypnosis. That means, either become extremely good at hypnosis or just recharge your anchor every now and then.

Btw, DMT trips, NDEs and Soul Travels are all somewhat similar.

And, Marco Lorenz said that merely listening to his Epsilon frequencies can induce breakthrough experiences which are similar to psychedelic DMT trips. If you have well trained the epsilon frequencies, they can make it relatively easy to have an OBE, and as they also make you produce DMT, The OBE can be similar to a DMT trip (DMT trips can be considered a kind of OBE).

Edited by GreenWoods

Control your Emotions and Hormones through Hypnosis

It is possible to trigger any mood/state and release hormones through hypnosis. When you have anchored it, you can trigger it at any moment within a few seconds. That enables you to:

• Release DMT prior to meditating or astral projecting 
  • Release Testosterone after working out
  • Release Seratonin after getting up
  • Trigger Alertness and Focus when you want to study
  • Trigger Wellbeing and Happiness and release Dopamine and Endorphin when you feel down or depressed
  • Trigger Tiredness and Melatonin when going to bed

Some more useful states to anchor:

• Motivation and Inspiration
  • Deep Non-Dual states
  • Melting in Love
  • Surrender and Letting Go
  • Confidence
  • being Hilarious and Funny 
  • Harmony

Thus you totally master your mind, body and psychology.

It's quite easy to anchor a specific mood. When you feel good, you anchor that mood of feeling good. Then you can re-experience that feeling anytime you use the anchor. (You obviously need to be good at hypnosis for this to be most effective).

Triggering a specific hormone is more difficult. Sth like dopamine should be easy, when you anchor feeling good you also anchor dopamine.

But how are you going to anchor sth like testosterone? The release of testosterone is probably too subtle to notice and identify so it's hard to anchor. I guess the only way is through direct suggestion. So you say "now release testosterone". For this to work you would need to be very good at hypnosis. It should then be easy to check whether it works or not. Go to the doctor and test your testosterone level. Immediately after making the test, use your testosterone anchor and immediately do another test. 

I really believe this is possible. People report achieving things with hypnosis that seem far more difficult. For example, some people (including the famous hypnotist Milton Erickson) claim they could enlargen the breasts of their clients through hypnosis. 

"I have done hypnotic breast enhancement several times very successfully. Lactation is also very possible. 

[...] What I do have is results on 4 different women who each gained between one and two cup sizes. The changes remained for at least 6 months that personally know of... lost touch after that.

[...] The physiological changes that hypnosis can affect are those that are already natural for the body to experience. Both breast enhancement, lactation, and even weight loss fit nicely into this category... growing a third arm... not so much." https://www.reddit.com/r/hypnosis/comments/76jsy7/physiological_changes_in_hypnosis_your_experience/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

After around 60 hours of practicing hypnosis, I unexpectedly noticed how my conscious thoughts have a lot more power. So when I randomly for example think "happy" and put intention in it, I immediately feel happy, without ever having anchored that emotion. I don't get super happy but it does change my mood, noticably more than before I started doing hypnosis. 

Servitor

When you are serious about hypnosis, I think its worth considering to make a servitor, an imaginary entity that lives on the astral and helps you. 

In the case of hypnosis, the most obvious servitor would be one who makes it easier for you to go deeper into trance.

Currently my main focus is on other things, but I will refocus on hypnosis soon. So I don't practice much hypnosis currently, but some days ago I made a servitor to help me go deeper into trance. Even though I haven't properly charged it yet, I do feel small effects during hypnosis. (Or at least it seems like that).

Matt8800 wrote some interesting things about servitors in this thread: 

If you want to learn how to do them read John Kreiter's book(s) "create a servitor" and perhaps Damon Brand's as well. You can create a servitor in 15 minutes. But the more time you take to charge it, the more powerful it is.

I get ya but not so sure about that instant hypnosis the street performer is doing...

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Oh shit. I just realized I completely misunderstood the concept of a servitor. Huh.

I read a book by a clairvoyant doctor who seemingly awakened through a series of hypnotherapy sessions, he had an obsession with them. The power of another's focus and matched desires for awakening can be tremendous. The apple had to be ripe to fall though. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well don't need this video for her. Thanks to @VeganAwakeand his Hand Flipping technology, did changed few things. 

xD Oh my God, what did I just read? xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@zeroISinfinity

3 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well don't need this video for her. Thanks to @VeganAwakeand his Hand Flipping technology, did changed few things. 

Could you elaborate this?

Self hypnosis sounds like it could really be useful for helping to attain your goals. After years of work I’ve finally reached a point where I’m productive every single day yet I want to eventually take my productivity to eleven. However I want to gradually become increasingly productive as I suffered from issues of procrastination in the past due to setting ridiculous standards of productivity. Self hypnosis sounds like it could really help me become the best I can be, thanks for the resources

@March I'm happy it works for you :)

On 7/21/2020 at 10:00 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

I get ya but not so sure about that instant hypnosis the street performer is doing...

At first I was sceptical as well.

I watched around 20 of his videos and I really don't think it's fake. He also hypnotizes some kind of celebrities and I don't think they are all faking it. But I do think he has a pretalk with most of his hypnotees. 

On 7/22/2020 at 0:03 AM, mandyjw said:

I read a book by a clairvoyant doctor who seemingly awakened through a series of hypnotherapy sessions, he had an obsession with them. The power of another's focus and matched desires for awakening can be tremendous. The apple had to be ripe to fall though. 

yeah, that surely works:)

I was actually planing to make a servitor to deepen my awakening

On 7/22/2020 at 4:12 PM, Consciousone35 said:

Self hypnosis sounds like it could really be useful for helping to attain your goals. 

Definitely :)

Determining the depth of a trance:

The light trance state:

• The subject is physically relaxed
  • The subject's eyelids may flutter or twitch
  • Sounds may become painful
  • Light to medium trance state:
  • The subject's limbs feel heavy
  • The subject's breathing becomes slower and deeper
  • Intense feeling of deep relaxation (the subject does not feel like moving, speaking or thinking)
  • The subject feels detached from his/her surroundings
  •  

Medium trance state:

• The subject is aware of the trance, but cannot describe it
  • Suggestive state (For example, the operator suggests the subject has an ant on his/her arm and the subject can actually feel it crawling, even though there is nothing there or the operator suggests there is smoke in the room and the subject smells it, though there is no smoke)
  • Catalepsy: A condition characterized by lack of response to external stimuli and by muscular rigidity, so that the limbs remain in whatever position they are placed.
  • Deep or somnambulistic trance state:
  • The subject can open eyes without affecting the trance
  • Fixed stare and pupil dilation when eyes are opened.
  • Complete amnesia
  • Systemized post-hypnotic amnesia
  • Uncontrolled movements of eyeballs
  • Sensation of lightness, floating, swinging or falling
  • The subject experiences a distortion of sound
  • The subject can control his/her involuntary body functions- i.e., heart rate, blood pressure
  • Recall of lost memories
  • Age regression
  • Visual hallucinations
  • Auditory hallucinations
  • Total Anesthesia

Methods of testing the depth of the trance:

The operator must establish the depth of the trance in order to remain in control of the session. This is done by testing the subject for their receptivity to the operator’s suggestions. The most common method used is where the operator tells the subject he/she cannot move his/her arm. Example:

”Your arm is stuck to the chair, you cannot lift it, and when I count to five, I want you to try to lift it. If you have cooperated, you will find that the harder you try to lift your arm, the more it remains stuck to the chair.”

The operator then counts to five, saying after each number, “Your arm is stuck to the chair.”
When five is reached, if the subject cannot move his/her arm, they are in a trance. If the subject can move his/her arm, he/she has not accepted the suggestion. The operator must start all over again and explain he/she can do nothing without the subject’s cooperation. It is always important to secure the trust of the subject.

The next stage is where the operator deepens the trance and again checks to see how deep the subject has gone. The operator tells the subject he/she will stroke the back of the subject's hand and he/she will feel an increasing numbness and loss of sensation in that hand. After a few minutes of stroking, and speaking, the operator pinches the back of the subject's hand and then does the same with the back of the other hand that has not been stroked and asks the subject if he/she can feel any difference. If the subject replies that there is a difference, this stage of trance has been achieved; if not, the operator explains to the subject that further work on deepening the trance must be done. More sessions will be needed to take the subject deeper and deeper.

The next stage the operator tests is an even deeper stage. If the subject has advanced to this stage, he/she will be amnesic. The operator tells the subject to imagine that he/she is standing in front of a blackboard with a piece of white chalk and instructs him/her to take the chalk and write three words on the board. "Now I want you to take the chalk and write the following three words on the blackboard: First, tree; next grass and lastly cloud. Raise your arm when you are finished writing the three words." When the subject has signaled he/she is done writing the words, the operator instructs him/her that there is an eraser on the ledge of the Blackboard and says "I want you to take the eraser and erase the words tree and grass, leaving only the word 'cloud.' As you erase the words, I want you to also erase them from your mind, so that all you can think of now is 'cloud' 'cloud.' You are going into a deeper and deeper sleep. You are in a deep, sound sleep and all you can think of is the word 'cloud.' Now, what were the three words you wrote on the blackboard?" If the subject is able to remember the three words, he/she has not yet reached the amnesic stage of trance. If not, the subject has reached this stage of deep trance. The operator should then say "When I count to three, you will then remember the three words and repeat them to me." The subject should then be able to remember the words and repeat them.

In order to be able to place the subject in this stage of trance the next time the operator performs the hypnosis, he/she should tell the subject before bringing him/her back "From now on, whenever I put you into a trance, you will have reached the same depth of trance as you are in now by the time I have counted to ten."

The operator then brings the subject out of the trance: "I am now going to count up to five. When I reach five, you will be wide awake and feel refreshed and fine."

@GreenWoods

Edited by Bryanbrax

Self Hypnosis

For self-hypnosis, you need to get yourself into a deep trance. The following is an excerpt from "A Treatise on Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce:

"How To Enter A Trance"

Relax and calm your mind through breath awareness. Imagine you are climbing down a ladder in the dark. Don’t visualize a ladder; just imagine you can feel yourself doing it. On the exhale, feel yourself climbing a step or two down the ladder. On the inhale, feel yourself holding still on the ladder.

What is needed is a mental falling effect inside your mind. This changes the level of brain wave activity from the awake level (Beta) to the asleep level (Alpha) or the deep sleep level (Theta). Once your level of brain wave activity reaches Alpha you will enter a trance.
Keep doing this for as long as it takes. The time it takes to enter trance will vary, depending on your experience with deep relaxation and mental calmness.

Note: Once you get the heavy feeling, stop the mental falling exercise. If you don’t like the ladder, imagine you are in a lift [elevator], feel yourself falling on the exhale and holding on the inhale, or, Imagine you are a feather, feel yourself floating down on the exhale and holding still on the inhale. As I stated above, you need a mental falling effect to lower your level of brain wave activity. This mental falling effect, when combined with deep relaxation and mental calmness, will cause you to enter the trance state. Feel free to use any scenario you are familiar with to bring about this going deeper feeling.

A trance feels like: Everything gets quieter and you feel like you are in a much bigger place. There is a very slight humming feeling in your body. Everything feels different. It feels a bit like putting a cardboard box over your head in the dark, you can feel the atmosphere change. It’s like everything goes fuzzy or slightly blurred. Any sharp noises, while in trance are painful.

Deep Trance

The level of trance you achieve depends greatly on your relaxation, concentration skills and will power. To enter a deeper trance, i.e., Theta level and beyond, you have to concentrate much more and for much longer, on the mental falling sensation aided by breath awareness. The first level of trance, i.e., when you get very heavy, is quite deep enough for projection. I strongly advise against forcing yourself deeper than a light trance, until you have plenty of experience with the trance state.

How can you tell if you are entering a deep trance? There are four very noticeable symptoms:

1. An uncomfortable feeling of cold that doesn’t make you shiver, coupled with a steady loss of body heat.

2. Mentally, you will feel very odd and everything will feel extremely slooooow. Your thought processes will slow down as if you had been given a strong pain killing injection.

3. You will feel disassociated from your body, i.e., a strong floating sensation and everything will seem far away.

4. Total physical Paralysis. Note: These four things, ALL TOGETHER, signify you are entering a deep trance. Do not mistake the mild floating sensation you sometimes get with light trance, i.e., as you astral body comes loose. Or the slight loss of body heat from sitting still for a long time and the mild paralysis, i.e., the heaviness, for a deep trance. The sensation of deep trance is quite uncomfortable and unmistakable for what it is.

It is very difficult to get into the deep trance state, as you need highly developed relaxation, concentration and trance state skills plus lots and lots of will power and mental energy. You will not accidentally fall into it. If you are worried you are going too deep, remember this: You CAN pull yourself out of it at any time. Concentrate ALL your will on moving your fingers or toes. Once you can move a finger or toe, flex your hands, move your arms, shake your head, i.e., reanimate your body; and get up and walk around for a few minutes. Falling into a deep trance should not be a problem with these exercises.

Energy Body Expansion

At some point after entering the trance state, you will feel a mild paralysis come over you. This will soon be accompanied by a deepening vibration and a buzzing feeling all over. You may also feel like you are huge and swollen. The paralysis, vibrations and the huge feeling are symptoms of the energy body expanding and the astral body loosening. This is part of the normal sleep process. The energy body expands and opens in order to accumulate and store energy. During this, the astral body drifts free, slightly out phase with the physical body."
[End of Excerpt]

Some people use a tape recorder and listen to the talking through and statements. The drawback here is when in a deep trance state, sounds can become painful and jar the nervous system. Everyone is individual and one should experiment to find the best individual methods. What works for one person may not work for another.

While in this state, you can regress into a past life, by walking through a door or "portal" in your mind.

The deep trance state is the time to make repeated affirmations to yourself to program your mind. Self-hypnosis is much like hypnotizing others, with the exception, you make the statements to yourself. Again, several sessions may be necessary.

Bring yourself out slowly and gradually, as you would do in returning from the astral.

Edited by Bryanbrax

Hypnotizing Others

It is important to read all of the articles in the hypnosis section so you know what you are doing before hypnotizing another person. In order to effectively hypnotize another person, that person must be completely and deeply relaxed. The person should be sitting comfortably in a reclined position. When lying down, the subject is likely to fall asleep.

You must stay calm and in control at all times.

Begin by talking the subject through total body relaxation. Start at the feet, have the subject tense them up and relax them; then the ankles, the calves, knees and so on, working your way to the subjects face and head.

When the subject is fully relaxed, tell him/her to remember a happy event that took place in their past. Ask him/her questions about it, where it took place, who was there, how he/she felt, what was in the room or area the event took place and so forth. This is done to activate the intuitive right side of the subject’s brain and the subconscious mind of memory.

When you are finished with the above, tell the subject you are going to count backwards. With each number, he/she will become more and more relaxed:

“Ten;   you are becoming more and more relaxed than before.”

“Nine;   you are drifting down deeper and deeper into total relaxation”

“Eight;   your body is totally relaxed; you can barely feel your body.

“Seven;   you are completely relaxed and feel very peaceful”

“Six;   with each breath, you are relaxing more and more with each exhalation.”

“Five;   we are going all the way down into the deepest level of relaxation.”

“Four;   relax… three, two, one

You want to determine the depth of the trance at this stage. If the subject is new to hypnosis, more sessions are usually needed before he/she is able to enter a deep trance. To deepen the trance:

“Ten;   you are becoming more and more relaxed than before.”

“Nine;   you are drifting down deeper and deeper into total relaxation”

“Eight;   your body is totally relaxed; you can barely feel your body.

“Seven;   you are completely relaxed and feel very peaceful”

“Six;   with each breath, you are relaxing more and more with each exhalation.”

“Five;   we are going all the way down into the deepest level of relaxation.”

“Four;   relax… three, two, one

Again, you want to determine the depth of the trance at this stage. If the subject is new to hypnosis, more sessions are usually needed before he/she is able to enter a deep trance. Repeat the steps directly above this paragraph if the subject is still not at the desired level of trance.

Here is where you will program the subject’s mind. Make short to the point statements that deal with a specific area or problem. Only work on one problem per session and make sure the problem is resolved before moving onto another. Make all statements to be in the present tense. "Will" never comes and the mind does not understand the future tense.

FOR PAST LIFE REGRESSION:

Put the subject into a deep trance and say:
“I am going to count backward from 10-1.”
"With each number, you will enter a deeper and deeper state of relaxation."
“When I reach one, you will be standing in front of a door.”

Slowly count backwards.

“You are standing in front of a closed door. I am going to count backwards from ten to one and when I reach one, I want you to turn the knob and open the door." “....3, 2, 1."
Now ask the subject if he/she opened the door. If not, he/she is not deep enough into the trance for this session to be effective. Either put him/her further under or bring him/her out of the trance and end the session.
If he/she opened the door, then say:
"I now want you to walk through the door. You are now in a previous life.” “Look around you, what do you see?” “What is the current date” “Who are you?”

Continue talking him/her through the experience

When you are ready to bring the person out- “I am going to count from one to five.” “At the count of five, you will open your eyes, be wide awake, alert and feeling fine.” “1…2…3…4…5” "Open your eyes."

If you wish to do a mind wipe, where the subject will not remember anything from the session, be sure to tell them at the end of the session “When you awaken, you will remember nothing of this session.” “Your last memory will be coming through the door.” (Whatever happened before the session).

With professional hypnosis, a mind wipe is often necessary of the subject experiences trauma during a regression.

EXAMPLES:

Attracting wealth-

“You are attracting more and more money.” “Your life is filled with wealth and you have everything you want.” (Similar statements for money)

For Healing:

Have the subject to visualize a bright ball of light like the Sun. Tell him/her to visualize this light on the afflicted body part. "The light is healing energy, that is healing your______________.

Say to the subject: “Visualize a ball of bright light, like the Sun. Do you see the ball of light?"

The subject should answer, “Yes.”

“I want you to place the ball of light on your (name of body part).”

“Completely surround (name of body part) with the ball of light, feel the warm energy healing your_____.”

“The light is full of healing energy that is healing your (name of body part).”

“Your ______is becoming normal and healthy”

Keep talking the subject through this healing process. This may have to be done several times, especially if the problem is chronic.

Hypnosis is useful in many areas. It can be used to strengthen concentration, improve intelligence and memory, rid one's self of phobias, and bad habits, establishing good habits and so on.

Edited by Bryanbrax

About Hypnosis

We all have a right side and a left side brain. The left side of the brain is our conscious mind that we use every day to make conscious decisions and use logic. This is the active masculine side of the brain. The passive side is the right side of the brain. This is the receptive feminine side. The right side of the brain is highly suggestible and the side we access in both meditation and hypnosis.

In order to access the passive right side, the active left side must be subdued. This is analogous to turning off the electricity in a home or building in order to access the wiring. If the electricity is not turned off, a shock will prevent accessing any wires. The mind works the same way.

The more subdued the active left side is, the deeper the trance, the deeper the trance, the more receptive the passive right side is.

In order to effectively hypnotize yourself, you must be deep in a trance. To hypnotize another person, you must put that person deep into a trance- the deeper, the better.

In order to hypnotize someone, the operator must establish some sort of rapport. People who are highly suggestible, impressionable, and gullible make the best subjects. Those who are nervous, cynical, and uncomfortable with being hypnotized are difficult to work with. The CIA and other unethical professionals use barbiturates to put resistant subjects under. They use just enough so the mind will still be receptive to suggestions. If too much is used, the session will prove futile.

The success of the session depends upon how set the mind is regarding the suggestions. Chronic and longstanding problems, deep seeded hang-ups, and mental blocks require many sessions to overcome. The suggestions and affirmations must be repeated and repeated to break down walls in the mind.

With hypnosis, the operator is in control. The extent of this control with a professional is equal to the subject turning his/her entire life over to the operator who can command him/her to do anything. There have been numerous reports of psychiatrists putting their patients under and having sex with them. The patient was told during the session she would not remember the incident upon awakening. This is a common example. When you allow another person to hypnotize you, you are literally putting your entire life in their hands and with each session, you become more and more under that person’s control.

In order to prevent any other person from hypnotizing you, you have to program your mind that you will never be hypnotized by another person. This creates a block. Hypnotists have been known to place their own blocks in the minds of their subjects. Some have placed several. The most common is the subject experiencing total amnesia concerning the session. Other blocks used by unethical hypnotists include the subject only being able to be hypnotized by the operator and no one else. These involved court cases where the operator used the amnesic subject to commit crimes. The human mind can be programmed to experience amnesia given any situation.

Lower Baseline Brainwaves

After around 50-100 hours, my baseline brainwaves started to appear to be noticably deeper. Usually you are predominantly in beta during the day, I suspect that I'm now in alpha (perhaps even a bit theta) most of the time. It would be interesting to have an EEG.

Deeper baseline brainwaves are significiant. Deeper brainwaves mean you are more intuitive, your consciousness is more non-dual, you are better able to commumicate telepathically with spirits (and God), you have more random insights, deeper contemplation, more at peace,... That probably applies for alpha and theta baseline brainwaves. Delta and epsilon will be insane. It will take some time to get there, but it's definitely possible. Children are in theta and alpha most of the time. And young children in delta. Beta only emerges after childhood (if I'm informed correctly).

Baseline brainwave delta doesn't mean you are stuck there all the time. You will be able to easily move up and down, depending on what you believe is best for the current situation. If you need to think, you will go (somewhat) into beta . We always have all brainwaves, but the majority is usually beta, you can turn that into eg delta. Though, high brainwaves are important also. Gamma is good for concentration, memory, intelligence, compassion,.. 

High level mediators have both very low (delta, epsilon) and very high brainwaves (gamma, lambda), and very little beta. While normal people have predominantly beta.

So if you are interested in enlightenment or brainwave ballance, also train high brainwaves. Though I think, training gamma once or twice a week is enough.

You could for example listen to these, they bring you up form 12 to 75hz:

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/product/gammaburst/

For lambda You could try these:

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/product/infinity/

btw, being able to easily baseline move up and down the brainwaves is something psychedelics probably won't be able to get you.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, GreenWoods said:

On your own, by listening to good  audios, I guess that the average practitioner can reliably enter the Esdaile State after 40-200 hours of practice.

If you do everything right and are motivated and devoted, that is definitely possible. But not for the average practitioner. I estimated it based on my practice up to that point. At that point, it seemed like I would get to the Esdaile State after 70-130 hours all in all, if my progress would continue with the same gradient. But the gradient decreased. I think partly because my goal, to get to the esdaile state, went from priority 1 to priority 2-5.

Currently I mostly listen to binaural beats only, without guided hypnosis. I either try to have no thoughts and just concentrate on going deeper, or do self hypnosis (with my thoughts) or self-inquiry. But I still do guided hypnosis, but not as often.

Edited by GreenWoods

Some websites where you can buy brainwave entrainment audios like binaural beats:

• iawake 
  • the unexplainable store
  • blisscoded sound
  • brainwave3d (in german)
  • ennora