Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karltiboleng

A post I came across today

20 posts in this topic

A post I came across today on facebook. Although her english isn't the best (I think she meant "you were chosen", not "you chose"), I feel that she was just trying to nudge people towards being more accepting and loving. But thousands of people are currently bashing on her calling her the most stupid person ever and things like that. Call out culture makes me sad...

101086562_3357742070927415_4622155550967201792_o.jpg

It's an awful post. Had it been her own child born in poverty and facing discrimination would she have said the same thing? 

I don't think so. 

People can use rosy words to downplay someone's suffering. It's shows their callousness. 

How different is it if a person said to a rape victim. 

"you were chosen to be raped. Relax, take it as a challenge. You have to learn a lesson. Rape always exists. It's inevitable. Best you can do is remain calm, protect heart, not allow it to crumble. That's your responsibility." 

I'll end with this thought in my mind. 

Brave people bring justice. Insensitive people bring excuses. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@karltiboleng

Don't post anything that can be misconstrued negatively attached to your name because it will be, misconstrued negatively, you can’t talk or negotiate to a mob and it’s already difficult enough talking to an individual  

And considering everyone will will fully negatively misconstrue what you say I see no point in using social media, it’s a cesspool of self righteous idiots who always delude themselves to be the morally right and censor and demonise those who dabble a slight toe outside the Overton window

@Preety_India

I think all that person was trying to say, all be it poorly, is that you should exercise stoicism, and that your current troubles will only make you stronger

Instead people take that and construe it in the worst possible way, to make this person seem like the devil

Have some sympathy, do you really think this woman is blaming black people for there own discrimination or would blame rape victims for there own rape, of course not (hopefully, I don’t know this individual, but it seems unlikely) 

Cant people just exercise a bit more decency, instead of jumping to the worst possible interpretation of what someone says

@IJB063

I can't have sympathy for her. Because she doesn't know how to put things. Instead of saying "your situation will make you stronger and you will win" which is the right way of showing stoicism. She on the other hand is coming off as completely callous and insensitive. 

You mean to say that black people aren't strong. Black people are probably the strongest people in human history. They had to take so much shit and they still survived. They survived more discrimination and injustice on planet earth. How can someone even  tell a black person to be strong is beyond me. 

People have to be grateful that it's black people who got discriminated because they tend to suffer in silence they are more forgiving and they don't bear animosity despite their cruel experiences. Yet if it was any other human race facing this level of injustice, there would have been a nuclear war. Black people take a lot of shit day in day out and stay strong. 

That woman's post was rightfully criticised. If she is not a black person and doesn't identify with their struggles, maybe it's not her  pejorative to preach on how black people ought to react. 

. When a person is feeling victimized, the last thing you could say to them is "take it as a challenge" instead of giving validation to their struggles. 

If her intentions were pure and she only meant the best and not rubbing salt into wounds, then her choice of words was really poor. She could have worded it differently 

Be strong and resilient. Be stoic. But keep fighting and don't lose heart. 

Instead she said "best you can do is" which means she thinks or assumes that the best that black people are supposed to do is suck it up and stay strong and don't end up being too damaged. 

Sorry but I am not seeing any positive connotation in those words. And if I'm being so triggered despite not being a black person, I can only imagine how a black person must feel after reading it. 

Don't overestimate peoples good intent.. 

33 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

People can use rosy words to downplay someone's suffering. It's shows their callousness. 

That's the same kind of criticism that's thrown endlessly at Leo and all his teachings!

But we all know the the truth can hurt sometimes. It doesn't always serve you on face value.

Hence why people react the way they do, like the OP said.

hrhrhtewgfegege

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

But we all know the the truth can hurt sometimes. It doesn't always serve you on face value.

What truth? 

@Preety_India

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@IJB063

I can't have sympathy for her. Because she doesn't know how to put things. Instead of saying "your situation will make you stronger and you will win" which is the right way of showing stoicism. She on the other hand is coming off as completely callous and insensitive. 

You mean to say that black people aren't strong. Black people are probably the strongest people in human history. They had to take so much shit and they still survived. They survived more discrimination and injustice on planet earth. How can someone even  tell a black person to be strong is beyond me. 

People have to be grateful that it's black people who got discriminated because they tend to suffer in silence they are more forgiving and they don't bear animosity despite their cruel experiences. Yet if it was any other human race facing this level of injustice, there would have been a nuclear war. Black people take a lot of shit day in day out and stay strong. 

That woman's post was rightfully criticised. If she is not a black person and doesn't identify with their struggles, maybe it's not her  pejorative to preach on how black people ought to react. 

. When a person is feeling victimized, the last thing you could say to them is "take it as a challenge" instead of giving validation to their struggles. 

If her intentions were pure and she only meant the best and not rubbing salt into wounds, then her choice of words was really poor. She could have worded it differently 

Be strong and resilient. Be stoic. But keep fighting and don't lose heart. 

Instead she said "best you can do is" which means she thinks or assumes that the best that black people are supposed to do is suck it up and stay strong and don't end up being too damaged. 

Sorry but I am not seeing any positive connotation in those words. And if I'm being so triggered despite not being a black person, I can only imagine how a black person must feel after reading it. 

Don't overestimate peoples good intent.. 

You know what, you’re right

Black people are the strongest race, and they’re also the most forgiving race

They have no animosity towards white people

Us weaker races would have by now ended the planet if we were discriminated and oppressed the same way blacks have been throughout human history 

@IJB063

If you need more evidence, look at Dylan Roof. His victims families forgave him. That was astonishing. 

Because what he did was unthinkable. 

12 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

What truth? 

Is it not clear? That existence can be cruel and unfair, you just do the best with what you have. Being a victim limits you.

hrhrhtewgfegege

So I tried to get information on this and it's currently trending on social media..

And this woman is some Malaysian beauty pageant winner, Miss Malaysia Universe who made this comment on her Instagram. Her mother is Chinese and her dad is Brazilian and she calls herself "a white baby"

And she doesn't even know that this is more about cop abuse. I think she just wanted to say something and ended up looking dumb. 

So this is the article and the organization that hosted her doesn't want to do anything with her anymore. 

So the following is the excerpt from the article about this woman who made that instagram post. 

A former Miss Universe Malaysia has been criticised after she posted a series of offensive comments about the Black Lives Matter protests taking place across the US.

Samantha Katie James, 25, used her Instagram account to post several stories commenting on African Americans who have been demonstrating against police brutality and racism in the US for six days straight.

She told over 160,000 followers that the protests were proof that “the whites [have] won” and called protesters who are angry about the killing of George Floyd “foolish humans”.

“I don’t live in America and it has nothing to do with me, but to me, it seems like the ‘whites’ won,” she wrote in her first post.

“If you’re angry, you response in rage and anguish and that means it has power over you. They have power over you.”

“You chose to be born as a ‘coloured’ person in America for a reason. To learn a certain lesson.

“Accept it as it is, till now hunger and poverty still exists. It is what it is. It’s inevitable. Best you can do is remain calm, protect heart, don’t allow it to crumble.

“That’s your responsibility,” she added.

In another post, she answered a follower who asked what she meant by “chose to be born ‘coloured’” and said: “Like our souls. Chose this life, this country, this race, this human form, specifically… I always wonder why I’m born in Malaysia, as a white girl, with Chinese mom and Indian grandparents and Brazilian dad.

Ms James’ remarks have been met with anger, as many Malaysians have stood in solidarity with black Americans and their fight against systemic racism.

One person said in a comment: “While you may mean well, you’ve made some grave errors that are both disrespectful and hurtful in the extreme. African Americans have not been treated with anything near equality for close to 400 years.”

Another said: “Actually embarrassing, I can’t imagine telling black people to ‘relax’ and take the fact that they’re getting killed by the very people who swore to protect and serve them as a challenge. Kindly delete your story posts and take a moment to consider something outside your own little bubble of privilege.”

The Miss Universe Malaysia Ogranisation released a statement on the issue, saying: “Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation (MUMO) notes with dismay the recent social media posts made by Samantha Kate James, a past winner of Miss Universe Malaysia. We also note that these posts are inappropriate, offensive, unacceptable and hurtful.

"The views expressed on Samantha’s personal Instagram account are her own personal views and are neither the view nor position of MUMO. Samantha Katie James is not contracted to MUMO and has not represented the organisation since June 2018.

“MUMO stands for a non-racial society and strongly condemns all acts of racism and prejudice anywhere in the world.”

I think enough said. 

The article is quite self explanatory. 

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Is it not clear? That existence can be cruel and unfair, you just do the best with what you have. Being a victim limits you.

Living in victimhood is different from fighting victimhood. Fighting victimhood means you don't accept it and want it to change. It's liberating rather than limiting.. 

On the other hand perpetuating victimhood is what limits you.. 

Of course everyone knows that you do the best with what you got. But you also do your best by breaking social barriers. Thats called creating change and not limitation. 

A bit preachy... she could have said it some other way... I dont think she deserves to be cancelled though, it was a stupid remark, that doesnt make her the devil. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

She is advocating stoicism. She has posted other things about how we should deal with the cards we're dealt with and that our actions are just manifestations of our inner worlds. But I think the majority cannot understand these perspectives. An eye for an eye turns the whole world blind... 

It borders on spiritual bypassing. And yet, there is some wisdom there. I would've chosen different words. 

6 hours ago, karltiboleng said:

A post I came across today on facebook. Although her english isn't the best (I think she meant "you were chosen", not "you chose"), I feel that she was just trying to nudge people towards being more accepting and loving. But thousands of people are currently bashing on her calling her the most stupid person ever and things like that. Call out culture makes me sad...

i understand it in the direction that the same accounts for people of white/pinkish skin ‚colour’, its just that they won’t take full responsibility, because they cannot - therefore taking full responsibility means taking full authority, in sense of not letting these things happen in silence. the quote entails a dissonance, it can be understood as of course no one chooses anything, or if people believe in reincarnation, the reincarnation for the reason of choice. staying calm means not calmness of heart - it means calmness of mind.

i doubt this was a text exactly written for the current situation.

Edited by remember

That post reads like it was written by one of those morons that gets lost in Ayahuasca new age culture. Fuck her.

16 hours ago, karltiboleng said:

I think the English is fine. She did indeed mean 'You chose to be born as a Black person beforehand, in the non-physical realm'. New-Agers say this, even Leo would agree. Infinite Will means that you choose everything.

I think what she's saying makes sense. But she said it at an inopportune moment. Our culture currently doesn't believe that they are responsible for everything that happens in their life. So, when you tell them to take responsibility, Stage Green people will call it 'victim-blaming' and they'll shoot the messenger.

Her mistake was to not see this and understand the ramifications of it. What she didn't see was that collectively, our collective consciousness is one in which we play zero-sum games to create social change. We don't care about taking responsibility for anyone and everyone, rather we care about seeing the change we want and that's it. We don't particularly care about how our change could negatively impact someone else.

If I were in her place, I'd do a generic BLM post, or I'd not say anything about this. You're just playing with fire if you directly call out collective shadows.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Parththakkar12 "We don't particularly care about how our change could negatively impact someone else" "You're just playing with fire" Exactly this!!! I think this is the issue with advocating these positions. Our egos are not ready, as a collective, for these teachings. This is why Leo will never go mainstream... at least not in the near future. I think we are at the onset of green, and it would be foolish to rush evolution. You'd just receive too much backlash.