Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whoami3

How to get passionete about spirituality/meditation?

6 posts in this topic

How to get passionate about spirituality? Few years ago when I watched Leo's video about meditation I was really motivated and I thought I will have all those "magic" benefits of doing practice. I was meditating consistently every day for few months 30-60 min a day. I didn't see many effects and I started to slack off, skipping days, not meditating for weeks, months even. Now I do it here and there for 10-15 mins

3 hours ago, Whoami3 said:

How to get passionate about spirituality? Few years ago when I watched Leo's video about meditation I was really motivated and I thought I will have all those "magic" benefits of doing practice. I was meditating consistently every day for few months 30-60 min a day. I didn't see many effects and I started to slack off, skipping days, not meditating for weeks, months even. Now I do it here and there for 10-15 mins

Hoping for goodies won't give the lasting motivation. But its okay as everyone starts somewhere more or less.

What is needed is a genuine curiosity about life/metaphysics/philosophy/reality. A curiosity to penetrate ones own existence. If that is in place, no matter how many times you get lose, you'll find your way.

Another supplementary tip I have is make a small play list of Leo's (or others) 5-6 videos that inspires you the most by creating an awe and existential curiosity the most. Then repeatedly watch them everyday for a set time (20-60 minutes). 

Similarly have 3-4 spiritual books that have the same effect on you and read them everyday for a set time.

If you still haven't found those few videos and books like that, keep searching until you make your mini play list. After finding that, regularly stick with them.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Authentic Emotional Desire for spiritual growth for its own sake is a sign of great spiritual progress. It doesn't manifest until you have gathered enough energy in your astral body and created a continous connection with your higher centers.

Until then... pray for consciousness and do what you can. Seek to see yourself as you truly are and let the horrible answer motivate you.

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Well, meditation shouldn't be just a hobby of yours hoping that you'll get those "magical" benefits. If you take meditation seriously, it should be a lifestyle. There's nothing wrong with wanting benefits at first, but after a while you need to do some contemplation about why're you're doing it. You'll get those benefits anyway if you're sincere.