OmniYoga

stages of development and superhumans

10 posts in this topic

what are some good resources to study development stages ? I found that to be curious about it, and I want to explore that more deeply
Leo talks about it in Life Advice For Young People - Part 2 - time mark around 1:20:00 - he only mentions spiral dynamics and ken wilber, but not any specific recommendations

3-5 books on it will be good start

then he talks about superhumans even more vague way,
like for exmaple WHO?

On 01/06/2020 at 9:06 AM, Cykaaaa said:

Also veeery useful

Possibly the most useful

On 31/05/2020 at 7:32 PM, OmniYoga said:

but not any specific recommendations

they're in the booklist

1000 by Ramaji is great for going over depths of awakening. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

looks like a scale from levels of energy - by frederick dodson,

such a bullshit for me when I was reading it
it's like take taking infinity and trying to put it down into different categories - pigeonhole - which is excatly how mind operates, 
i doesn't make sense

not to even mention that muscle testing technique an insult for eveyone with funcitioning brain

On 6/1/2020 at 7:06 AM, Cykaaaa said:

http://www.cook-greuter.com/Cook-Greuter 9 levels paper new 1.1'14 97p[1].pdf

^ This is a model similar to spiral dynamics. To me, it's more "individual" and precise in a sense, while spiral dynamics is more general. I like it as much, if not more than spiral dynamics, I recommend you check it out. 

Another model you could study is chakras. I suggest a book "The Wheels of Life" for that, although I haven't read any other than that on this topic so don't believe me blindly. I found it very informative and well written, however, so yeah.

Ken Wilber's integral theory takes LOTS of models (including SD, cook-greuter's ego stages, chakras) and creates a meta-model out of it. Also veeery useful. For that, read "Integral Psychology". 

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing. I put it in my I books.

12 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

not to even mention that muscle testing technique an insult for eveyone with funcitioning brain

I've waffled over this one for years after having read most of David Hawkins books. Lately, I've related having a purified emotional center to natural paranormal abilities.

In allowing ourselves to be dominated by the thinking brain the natural intuitive abilities of the emotional center atrophy.

?‍♂️A grain of salt,,,, 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I recommend as an entry Integral Psychology from Ken Wilber, he lists a loooot of developmental models and tries to find common features. From there it should be easy to decide in which direction you want to further educate yourself.

Edited by Godhead