playdoh

Do you allow yourself ‘unconscious days’ sometimes?

30 posts in this topic

@IAmTheHolySpirit well did you read my post? For example watching movies and vegging out on a lazy Sunday... or having a bbq with some friends, maybe a beer or 2 (although I wouldn’t drink beer anymore cuz not good for the brain and makes me feel weird after since my accident, but I do desire it sometimes) or some weed, and some reggae music ?? Heck not going to lie feel like chasing women sometimes (kinda lost that skill, my communication skills have been improving though), it’s like the old me is trying to find it’s way back... I feel it’s energy, it’s quite nostalgic. 

@Carl-Richard I hear you man, I feel regular Meditation practice allows mindfulness to naturally occur in people anyways, and organically people become more in touch with presence, and notice it more. As you say, it's always there, but for 99.9% of people, they are completely unaware. 

@playdoh Bro, you can enjoy life, just because you're now into spirituality doesn't mean you can't enjoy some food & music, and a beer or two. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

and a beer or two. 

Seems I go over the limit 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@playdoh That's all fine man. Just because you engage in spiritual practises, you can enjoy the mundane things as well. No need to be a recluse and renounce everything.

@SamueLSD We're young bro it's all good ;) 

But seriously, here's my routine if you wake up feeling groggy- 

Buy some Morning DTox pills, I assume they have them in the US, this is the UK version- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morning-D-TOX-After-Drinking-Digestion/dp/B07F6J1DXV/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=morning+d-tox+maximedix&qid=1591088066&sr=8-1

I take 2-3 before bed and upon waking. As well as a glass of normal water & then lemon water (great for detoxing the liver), then after about 15-30 mins I'll have 16-32 Oz Celery juice depending how bad I feel, followed up by a cold shower and some Wim Hof breathing. You'll feel good as good within an hour of waking ;) 

While my friends were dying & complaining sunday morning, I was up doing some work, and I used to suffer with such shitty hangovers. 

@playdoh  If you're vegging out watching lots of TV and Movies, just invest in some blue light blocking glasses, if you're eating shitty food, look up how to counteract it, and if you're listening to music....ENJOY IT! 

Oh, and if you're going overboard with the GF, or having lots of sex in general, just get some Maca (Now Foods is probs the best brand) and then some Zinc, and take them every time after to prevent that shitty groggy feeling you get after. Really helps prevent energy drainage. 

@Carl-Richard Also, wanted to add I wasn't talking about myself regarding Mindfulness, more for beginners. I do feel we have to at some point make a conscious effort to be 'mindful' or we end up isolating our meditation practice as something separate, when in reality Meditation isn't something we do, it is simply what we are, and post-awakening becomes a 24/7 'practice' but even calling it a practice is too much. 

I agree it can get neurotic, but I feel taking time consciously throughout the day to become aware of our presence can be very helpful, but like you said don't make it a neurotic attachment, in reality Mindfulness is just a concept that helps people get more in touch with the nature of their own being, and then like all other concepts can be dropped. 

Of course the terminology could be much better, presence is simply what you are, it is just recognizing and abiding as that, which then becomes an effortless process. But, that Mindfulness practice is like a Bike's training wheels, they need to be let go of eventually, but provide a very helpful function in the learning process.

Kind of like learning to ride a bike, at first you think about and practice, then it becomes more and more automatic, until you are automatically riding the bike without thinking, I would say abiding as your true nature is like that, at least in my experience, it isn't now an effort to 'be mindful', it is simply abidance as this, permanently. 

Edited by LfcCharlie4

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I would agree that "becoming aware" as a technique will make you a little more aware than the average person, but if you really want to be able to rest in that awareness, you must actually allow yourself to rest. A stable meditation practice is really all you need for training the awareness muscle. You don't lose your muscles immediately after ending a workout, and rest is an integral part of muscle growth. A bodybuilder doesn't do tiny microworkouts every other minute of the day: he goes hard for an hour and then he rests. That is how you build strong muscles, and in my experience, that applies to meditation too.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Yeah I agree, I just feel you can meditate more than once during the day, so I wouldn’t compare it completely to bodybuilding. Like when standing in line, a break at work, etc etc, I recommend the book “No mind, no problem” by Ramaji aboht this, but yes, I feel it’s a stepping stone to natural rest, effort is required until it isn’t anymore as they say ;) 

And, different strokes for different folks, but I agree it shouldn’t be neurotic, post awakening the integration happens mostly naturally anyways I feel. 

8 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Bro, you can enjoy life, just because you're now into spirituality doesn't mean you can't enjoy some food & music, and a beer or t

i have doing mma for 13 years. Witnessing the fight is more sufficient way to win (no feelings, no short of breathe, perfect counters when opponent makes the move with concentration). Just be witness as you watching your best movie. Let the body go and watch. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@LfcCharlie4 I salute any effort or method as long it's done deliberately and given your full absolute attention :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I know what you mean here.  At first I wouldn't miss one second of present moment mindfull awarnees.  I started allowing myself unconscious days at some point.  It was nice to go easy on myself.  Now I find I go a bit to easy on myself in my practice, and end up giving myself way to many unconscious days. I wouldn't recommend it lol.