playdoh

Do you allow yourself ‘unconscious days’ sometimes?

30 posts in this topic

Like not meditating and doing your morning routine first thing when you wake up in the morning and instead just watch a movie lying on bed while vegging out? Gets a bit monotonous sometimes. 

1 hour ago, playdoh said:

Like not meditating and doing your morning routine first thing when you wake up in the morning and instead just watch a movie lying on bed while vegging out? Gets a bit monotonous sometimes. 

the experience of monotony is more instructive than blissful states 

21 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I don’t have a set morning routine. I hate dicipline.

But I definitely distract myself ‘too much’ at times. Gotta do a little something to keep me from full realization ya know

do you have any unconscious habits like the ones I mentioned?

btw Osho said discipline is good...  It doesn't come easy for me either but I'm working on getting better. I still have work to do in this material world before going full awakening. ?

15 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

the experience of monotony is more instructive than blissful states 

not following you...

34 minutes ago, playdoh said:

not following you...

One of the purposes of meditation is to become aware of your thoughts and feelings in order to become less reactive to them.  
So when you are experiencing the most unpleasant ones instead of engaging in distractions you handle these unpleasant things you develop more mental strength.  By handling them, meaning letting them rise and then fall.  If you avoid this you lose ground

Edited by Nak Khid

You are what you do. So you if you plan on ending up partially conscious well then... 

if you feel that way try and remind yourself someone else is finding more love in it, so you can too. Just find ways to change your perspective and be creative about it 

Just be aware what you are at the moment and go with flow. Self thoughts are mostly creates prison.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

do you have any unconscious habits like the ones I mentioned?

btw Osho said discipline is good...  It doesn't come easy for me either but I'm working on getting better. I still have work to do in this material world before going full awakening. ?

Yeah, I feel “discipline” has its place in life, especially when you’re starting something, for example going to the gym or work or a business, you need to be disciplined enough to do it X amount of time, and consistently. 

If you rely on working on your business when you’re highly motivated it won’t work, this is where developing discipline will help as a foundation for life. 

But, discipline can then evolve into habits, like instead of eating that chocolate bar, you naturally eat a banana, and then after developing habits you get to “effortless discipline.” 

For example, let’s say you decide you want to meditate every morning, and at first it’s a struggle, but after a while you’ll begin to fall in love with it and get excited for your meditation, and then it becomes what I call “effortless discipline” and even more accurately “spontaneous action.” 

But, to lay a good foundation in life I would say discipline is certainly key, and learning how to focus for long periods, eliminate distractions, stick to things long term etc are great skills we need to cultivate in life. 

However, if you genuinely hate doing something, like let’s say you love running but hate the gym, I don’t see the value in forcing yourself to go gym, you should follow doing what you love and deviate yourself to running, and follow your heart, this is where “effortless discipline” comes in! But, by developing your discipline, they’ll be days you don’t feel as motivated to run, and your discipline can get you through it. 

I personally don’t go to the extremes of like Jocko and Goggins lol, but these guys can be great to learn from for very foundational basic discipline development if you are quite a lazy person, but by fusing discipline with things you love you create the ideal situation of effortless discipline where naturally you want to eat healthy, exercise, work on your projects etc, it can take a while though! 

So, if you’re struggling with this I would say read a few books on the basics and what not, but then also use your spirituality to evolve it into something much more loving than Navy Seal training lol! 

sorry for the rant! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Yeah, I feel “discipline” has its place in life, especially when you’re starting something, for example going to the gym or work or a business, you need to be disciplined enough to do it X amount of time, and consistently. 

If you rely on working on your business when you’re highly motivated it won’t work, this is where developing discipline will help as a foundation for life. 

But, discipline can then evolve into habits, like instead of eating that chocolate bar, you naturally eat a banana, and then after developing habits you get to “effortless discipline.” 

For example, let’s say you decide you want to meditate every morning, and at first it’s a struggle, but after a while you’ll begin to fall in love with it and get excited for your meditation, and then it becomes what I call “effortless discipline” and even more accurately “spontaneous action.” 

But, to lay a good foundation in life I would say discipline is certainly key, and learning how to focus for long periods, eliminate distractions, stick to things long term etc are great skills we need to cultivate in life. 

However, if you genuinely hate doing something, like let’s say you love running but hate the gym, I don’t see the value in forcing yourself to go gym, you should follow doing what you love and deviate yourself to running, and follow your heart, this is where “effortless discipline” comes in! But, by developing your discipline, they’ll be days you don’t feel as motivated to run, and your discipline can get you through it. 

I personally don’t go to the extremes of like Jocko and Goggins lol, but these guys can be great to learn from for very foundational basic discipline development if you are quite a lazy person, but by fusing discipline with things you love you create the ideal situation of effortless discipline where naturally you want to eat healthy, exercise, work on your projects etc, it can take a while though! 

So, if you’re struggling with this I would say read a few books on the basics and what not, but then also use your spirituality to evolve it into something much more loving than Navy Seal training lol! 

sorry for the 

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Boom! I think you pinned the tail on the donkey with this one. I’ve gotten better with discipline but definitely still struggle with getting work done when I’m not motivated, especially work that I find boring. Are there any tips and strategies to overcome this? Or is it basically just pushing through it, getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, and eventually it’ll get easier with time?

And thanks for your long answer! Very helpful. I’ve seen some of your posts in the business forum. I’ve been wanting to get start a business myself. I’m recovering from a head injury and it takes a lot of money to heal a brain! I’m not sure yet what but I tend to lean towards affiliate marketing. I’ve done a lot of research and I think this is the best way to make money online nowadays. Thing is people say AM is boring as shit balls. Then I also always remember what Osho said. Be conscious and life will bring you what you need. Working on a business isn’t really being conscious. 

And sorry for my rant! 

3 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

One of the purposes of meditation is to become aware of your thoughts and feelings in order to become less reactive to them.  
So when you are experiencing the most unpleasant ones instead of engaging in distractions you handle these unpleasant things you develop more mental strength.  By handling them, meaning letting them rise and then fall.  If you avoid this you lose ground

Thanks for your reply

I don't do anything anymore because death scares me.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@James123 Good point 

3 hours ago, James123 said:

Just be aware what you are at the moment and go with flow. Self thoughts are mostly creates prison.

3 hours ago, nistake said:

Definitely, but I try to be mindful even when I engage with unconscious hobbies.

Everytime you remind yourself to be more mindful you end up becoming less mindful. My advice is do your practice and get on with your day. Let your mind come up with whatever it wants when you're not actively practicing. Trying to impose mindfulness onto your daily life is just your neuroticism repackaging itself as spirituality.

@playdoh The best I can give you is just setting actual work hours to work on your Biz, getting rid of any distractions, so turn your phone off etc, and make a set to do list with exactly what you need to get done that day.

In terms of developing overall discipline just check out a book mate :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everytime you remind yourself to be more mindful you end up becoming less mindful. My advice is do your practice and get on with your day. Let your mind come up with whatever it wants when you're not actively practicing. Trying to impose mindfulness onto your daily life is just your neuroticism repackaging itself as spirituality.

Yeah, I agree, but being mindful just means becoming more aware, so just start being more “present” in your day, and when you slip into overthinking, just bring yourself back to what you’re doing, eventually it becomes natural. 

no need to remind yourself 24/7 like you said lmao 

@LfcCharlie4 It sounds good in theory, but in practice it's just classic neuroticism. The idea that you have to "bring yourself back to presence" is just another fear-based thought entering your mind and screwing with the already existing presence. Why do you fear being less aware? Just go about your day and accept the fact that you're being helplessly unaware. It's fine. Leave the "awareness-training" to when you're actually sitting down and being focused on only that. That is where the real progress is being made. The attachment of having to be mindful and present 24/7 is the most disruptive attachment you can have. It's like a mind virus that has been granted full access to every moment of your life. It's like spiritual OCD.

19 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@playdoh The best I can give you is just setting actual work hours to work on your Biz, getting rid of any distractions, so turn your phone off etc, and make a set to do list with exactly what you need to get done that day.

In terms of developing overall discipline just check out a book mate :) 

Thanks