Abhishaik

Examples of effective learning techniques and how to improve concentration

2 posts in this topic

Watching Leo’s recent video about life advice for young people, I came across a comment about using active recall. I googled a bit of information about this and found out it’s a learning technique used to retain information. For example, reading a chapter and then trying to remember as much information written in there without looking at it again. The theory behind this method is that it challenges your brain more compared to traditional note taking and therefore you are more likely to retain that information faster and “recall” it when needed.

While reading about this active recall method I also stumbled across another learning technique that piqued my interest called spaced repetition. This is where you space out your learning material in a way, were you go and revise the material again just before you are likely to forget it. For example, you could read a book and then read it again in a week’s time, then a month’s and so on just to refresh the knowledge in your mind.

My question is do you have any effective learning methods that you have used when looking at Leo’s material?

What methods do you use to concentrate when listing to his videos and attempting the life purpose course?

Any methods on how to avoid procrastination? Methods to improve worth ethic?

Any insights and answers are welcome ?

Discard what is not useful, get rid of any distractions. It becomes real easy when it’s the only thing left to do- you want to do it. 

edit: for learning his material you really have to want it and be curious as hell. If you don’t want it yet then slow down you’re probably forcing too much for the wrong reasons. It’s actually really fun to be doing/listening so if you aren’t having fun then idk you gotta keep working on vision. It’s like school on crack 

spaced repetition is like magic though yeah, you basically learn in your sleep. You can do those things everyday, and as you get better you can just do more things to break from the first and eventually it’s just an insane snowball effect 

Edited by rlc