ivankiss

The root of all suffering

58 posts in this topic

@mandyjw Thank you.

Is there anything else in your experience that makes you directly conscious of pure being and God "faster" and "more efficiently" than a conscious breath?

Breath does not avoid suffering. It renders it undone. 

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankissWhatever is intuitive, whatever is "there" calling me to it, whether that's seeing, feeling, etc. The first time I sat to meditate, I had an insight flood in "I am light" and focused on my breath for a few minutes because that's what I thought meditation was supposed to be about and had an asthma attack. xD I was pregnant and sick with a cold at the time, but it was a good lesson in trying to control. It took me a while to learn how to use the breath as a tool without doing that. I've run since I was 10 which is deep breathing focusing on breath without making it an object, and also connects with the body and surroundings in a holistic way. So I'm not saying you're wrong at all, just that how we go about things and how we mentally turn things into keys can go wrong. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@ivankiss majority of suffering is mind derived. Belief in and attach to an illusory ego in which is fundamentally self created. Physiological immobility is a direct result of the instability of ones mind, more accurately the inherent adherence to it.

Body will flow once mind flows. Suffering ceases once the self ceases.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@mandyjw Gotcha. Thanks again for your input :)

@Jacobsrw While there certainly is truth in what you're saying, can you see how right now, right here that's all just thoughts and ideas? Do you see the chronology? Causality? Duality? This and that because of this or that?

Too much circling.

Imo, dropping all ideas about anything being the self's or the mind's fault and simply breathing consciously, is a far more direct and effective method for "achieving" liberation.

Life is no-one's fault. 

Self is all cool. Mind is all cool. Everything is.

Just breathe.

28 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@mandyjw Gotcha. Thanks again for your input :)

@Jacobsrw While there certainly is truth in what you're saying, can you see how right now, right here that's all just thoughts and ideas? Do you see the chronology? Causality? Duality? This and that because of this or that?

Too much circling.

Imo, dropping all ideas about anything being the self's or the mind's fault and simply breathing consciously, is a far more direct and effective method for "achieving" liberation.

Life is no-one's fault. 

Self is all cool. Mind is all cool. Everything is.

Just breathe.

Indeed you are correct. Unfortunately, understanding that does not the least bit difference to our experience. We still remain inherently mind dominated, and often beyond our own awareness that we are. The mind must be realised for the illusion it is, since the suffering it precipitates is often beknown to us.

I feel, breathing consciously is much like a mantras. Useful when done but when finished or normalised to, can become obsolete. It is merely a intermittent practice that reorients the mind. Much is still left suppressed and must be faced directly.

I’m not disagreeing with the breathing method. It is definitely one strong method to help alleviate suffering, one heavily backed in Buddhist tradition. Yet, it alone wont perish suffering in its totality. Direct consciousness is required for that.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Indeed you are correct. Unfortunately, understanding that does not the least bit difference to our experience.

Not understanding. Actually practicing. Committing to it, absolutely. 

And yes, it makes all the difference - if difference is still perceived.

3 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

The mind must be realised for the illusion it is, since the suffering it precipitates is often not known to us.. 

Can, and probably will be sooner or later. It must not though. What you absolutely must, however, is to breathe. Isn't that the simplest Truth?

6 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Yet, it alone wont perish suffering in its totality. Direct consciousness is required for that.

Direct Consciousness is conscious breathing, right now :) It's One and the same FOLKS! 

And yes it will perish all suffering, "sooner or later". Only breath remains. Nothing can(not) stop it. Quite literally.

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts! :)

At first I thought you were out of your mind,  but you might be onto something. 

What would you define as proper breathing. I want to try it

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

8 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Jacobsrw

Not understanding. Actually practicing. Committing to it, absolutely. 

And yes, it makes all the difference - if difference is still perceived.

Can, and probably will be sooner or later. It must not though. What you absolutely must, however, is to breathe. Isn't that the simplest Truth?

Direct Consciousness is conscious breathing, right now :) It's One and the same FOLKS! 

And yes it will perish all suffering, "sooner or later". Only breath remains. Nothing can(not) stop it. Quite literally.

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts! :)

Appreciate your thoughtfulness and contribution with this post. Feel there is more to consider but you are onto something important nonetheless :)

@SamueLSD You could totally say I am out of my mind xD But that's actually a good thing ;)

30 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

What would you define as proper breathing. I want to try it

(It's way easier than it may sound)

If you want to go "all the way" and for real; the breath must enter and fill the belly first, then your lungs - travelling all the way up towards your crown (top of head). Release.

A few undisturbed cycles should be enough to align and adjust the body, for the breath to flow through effortlessly. You should start breathing through your spine. Keep going, just breathe deeper and watch all thoughts, sensations and perspectives melt away.

Enter Full God-mode NOW.

Tadaa! You are breathing totally consciously as God. You are God breathing now.

But also... Simple awareness over the breath - no matter how "correct" and how deep, can be life-changing, too. Key is consistency. 

To live "meditation". 

22 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Feel there is more to consider 

That's something I cannot disagree with.

For now; I am considering Breath. All the way.

:)

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss Interesting. Thanks

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@SamueLSD Keep breathing.

Breath is the most direct way to GOD.

Literally. Actually.

It is true @SamueLSD

I actually had a realization of infinite awareness after 1 hour or so of breathing deeply after being so overwhelmed with suffering and thoughts. I was so done I just breath and breath and breath until... Not only my suffering subsided but it shifted to happiness and bliss for some seconds.

@Javfly33 Right. I have been doing it today, it seems to be calming and definitely worthwhile 

Bliss and happiness isn't exactly infinite awareness however. 

4 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Bliss and happiness isn't exactly infinite awareness however. 

⬆️Thoughts...?

Just keep breathing. ?

Meditation is easy folks. It's a walk in a park. xD

Ivan- Thank You! I’ve come to somewhat the same realisation the past weeks but I wasn’t sure how to put it into words. You’re good at finding the right words, I hope you know that :-)

When I’m connected to my breath I don’t fear, clench, resist… I’m just rooted. Rooted in… Absolute… Nothingness. 

The breath is a mystery.
It comes out of nowhere. It goes back to nothing.
You can’t find it. I have no idea where it comes from. 

Yet I breathe.

My breath is always there for me. Kind, gentle, forgiving, timeless…
It’s nothing you gain or even cultivate. But you can turn to it.
Anytime, anywhere.

I don’t think anything has ever felt as good in my life as going through my day, through the most ordinary situations… Resting in… Who I am.

Throughout the day I forget.
But that’s ok. It’s not like I could ever loose it.

Breathe deep my friends. Until you discover that breathing is not something you’re doing, it’s what you are.

Deep breaths and presence go hand in hand.

All the love!

@Meta-Man

Have you ever experienced non-breathing? :-)

@flume And you say I'm good at finding the right words? xD That was absolutely beautifully written. Thank you.

I could not agree more :) 

Bless ya ❤