The Don

We have to understand what's going on In America. The case of George Floyd.

28 posts in this topic

Hello.

First of all, George Floyd was a good man. A patriot. He talked openly about the problems of blacks in America. He was an honorable man.

George Floyd deserves justice. Those cops should be put on trial and the guilty ones should be going to jail. Period.

On the other hand, what happens in America right now is unbelievable. All these thugs, looters and rioters are not seeking justice. They are destroying houses, buildings, businesses, and entire cities. The Mayors did nothing to stop this cataclysm. They stood and watched the cities burn to the ground.

I've seen a viral video of a black man on Twitter, crying because his business was completely destroyed. It's horrifying. He worked his whole life and did his best to build that business. He worked hard to realize his American dream. His savings were there and the rioters took all of his money. That's so unfair, man. He planned to open on his business on Monday, and now he can't. His American dream was stifled, ruined by thugs.

As I was thinking about the situation of that poor black man, I imagined myself being in his place. I imagined his sadness. I imagined his worries about the future of his family and his children. How is he going to feed his family now?

What's happening right now in America is horrific.

These riots are not about justice.

Here's what Lara said:

Looting is not protesting. Burning down local homes and businesses is not protesting. How sad that the memory of #GeorgeFloyd has been lost in all of this.

What are we going to do about this? Are we going to learn something from this calamity?

Are we going to form new alliances and institutions that will prevent this future type of behavior?

We definitely have to do something about this.

Do we want to preserve our civilization or do we want to live in a third world place?

We have to decide, NOW.

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

Stop freaking out. The cop will be trialed and punished, or the government will take the hit in silence and let it slip. Either way, things will cool down soon. There's no point in retaliation from either sides. It's just a rage.

Anger makes you impulsive, and so riots happen. :( 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I fail to see what would you want the mayors to do about it.  

Seems like this riots are turning into para military actions.  Perhaps the Army can step in, because the situation resembles invasion tactics.  At some points, criminals can become factions 

Can we identify any other factors that might have given rise to the riots, albeit in less obvious ways?

For example:

- Heightened national fear, leading to anger and unrest in general, due to the pandemic and how it's been reported and dealt with
- The emergence of stage red aspects of society at this time
- Many of the president's comments and actions being characterised as racist  
- A rise in cortisol levels among people as the weather gets warmer at this time of year

Please take the above suggestions lightly, I'm sorry if they're not accurate and by all means suggest better ones. I'm no expert on American social or political issues.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

you forgot your "the" before "blacks" .....

"ruined by thugs"

dude stop posting xD

Edited by Lyubov

5 hours ago, Dan502 said:

Can we identify any other factors that might have given rise to the riots, albeit in less obvious ways?

For example:

- Heightened national fear, leading to anger and unrest in general, due to the pandemic and how it's been reported and dealt with
- The emergence of stage red aspects of society at this time
- Many of the president's comments and actions being characterised as racist  
- A rise in cortisol levels among people as the weather gets warmer at this time of year

Please take the above suggestions lightly, I'm sorry if they're not accurate and by all means suggest better ones. I'm no expert on American social or political issues.

Yeah all of these could be contributing.  People have been locked up for months, many are broke or jobless, and the President creates a divide in the country with his actions and comments.  I think the biggest factor that leads to violence is the wealth and wage gap between the rich and poor and between races.  The median black household income in the US is less than 2/3 than whites, and the wealth gap is even more damning.  This is what needs to be fixed. 

By the way, many consider the word thugs to be a racially motivated word - which the president loves to use.  He also used the phrase in a tweet "when the looting starts, the shooting starts", which is of racist origin which he denied knowing.  This is another example of a sly way to create a divide.  

In Los Angeles today, 9 squad cars damaged pretty bad (a couple totaled).  Yet they haven't been damaging businesses yet.  That at least seems more efficient.  

The fucking president needs to come out and talk about police reforms and racial inequality and get congress and the senante together on a sunday to start solving those problems.  Instead, he was at the spacelaunch bragging about what his administration has done since he took office,  and stating that he will not let "thugs" run the streets under his watch.  

Looting and rioting serves a purpose, it's deliberately provocative and helps get attention for the voices who have been left unheard for a long time. Sometimes positive change has collateral damage because of long pent-up emotions.

16 hours ago, The Don said:

I've seen a viral video of a black man on Twitter, crying because his business was completely destroyed. It's horrifying. He worked his whole life and did his best to build that business. He worked hard to realize his American dream. His savings were there and the rioters took all of his money. That's so unfair, man. He planned to open on his business on Monday, and now he can't. His American dream was stifled, ruined by thugs.

As I was thinking about the situation of that poor black man, I imagined myself being in his place. I imagined his sadness. I imagined his worries about the future of his family and his children. How is he going to feed his family now?

You don't know anything about anyone you've never met. All you saw was a video. Of course, you "imagined his sadness" because for the most part this is all just imagination. You don't know if he's been fine after that video or if he's gone off into the deep end into suicidal thinking.

You don't even know if he has a family and children. Classic Stage Blue expectations.

16 hours ago, The Don said:

These riots are not about justice.

Here's what Lara said:

Looting is not protesting. Burning down local homes and businesses is not protesting. How sad that the memory of #GeorgeFloyd has been lost in all of this.

This is one of Trump's talking points. And Lara has a strong incentive to defend the president. She also tried to defend Trump's accusation that a TV show host he doesn't like murdered somebody.

SerpaeTetra : There is NO Trump administration!  He is the administration.  Whenever Obama and Bush tried to excuse themselves... Oh its the administration.  Trump changed all that : He plays a racist role for a certain non racial target  , he bad mouths but only he does that out and proud.  Administration means sheet to Trump.  Trump is his own administration 

28 minutes ago, annonnimm32 said:

SerpaeTetra : There is NO Trump administration!  He is the administration.  Whenever Obama and Bush tried to excuse themselves... Oh its the administration.  Trump changed all that : He plays a racist role for a certain non racial target  , he bad mouths but only he does that out and proud.  Administration means sheet to Trump.  Trump is his own administration 

Lol, just off the top of my head in the last two months, he blamed his own administration for cutting the Pandemic Response Team that Obama created.  He says he knew nothing about that team (huge lies) that could have helped prevent the US from having the most Coronavirus deaths in the world.  

17 hours ago, The observer said:

Stop freaking out. The cop will be trialed and punished, or the government will take the hit in silence and let it slip. Either way, things will cool down soon. There's no point in retaliation from either sides. It's just a rage.

This isn't just rage. It continues all over the country. These rioters are spreading throughout the United States. They are destroying almost all businesses.

The city of Dallas is burning right now. Businesses are burning.

We are facing hardship since the lockdowns which caused an unimaginable loss of a number of businesses.

If this trend continues, you won't be able to go to a store and buy anything. The economy is going to implode.

There is so much suffering in the world right now and it's not imaginary.

Me on the road less traveled.

39 minutes ago, The Don said:

This isn't just rage. It continues all over the country. These rioters are spreading throughout the United States. They are destroying almost all businesses.

We are facing hardship since the lockdowns which caused an unimaginable loss of a number of businesses.

If this trend continues, you won't be able to go to a store and buy anything. The economy is going to implode.

The Don i heard Trump.  He hinted something about the Army stepping in to educate them.  Things will cool down.  I trust him

44 minutes ago, The Don said:

You are out of your mind, calm the F down.  I think they destroyed .01% of all businesses in the US, but that number is probably high.  Definitely not ALMOST ALL.  You are creating your own fckn misery, create happiness instead.

To you its about George Floyd, to others its for Black Life's, and for some its to protest Police Brutality. Either way, it is happening how it needs to. No one pays attention to a peaceful protest. The Media, the Mind needs to be entertained, to be kept excited and nervous for whats next. Reality is as violent as it is peaceful. Both sides play important parts, neither is better. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

2 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

You are out of your mind, calm the F down.  I think they destroyed .01% of all businesses in the US, but that number is probably high.  Definitely not ALMOST ALL.  You are creating your own fckn misery, create happiness instead.

Dont talk to him like that, man has the right to be concerned!!!  The Don i think television have always started the end of everything and what numbers they hatch now to get you this upset perhaps things are not so dire ,they would like you to think.  Do you have a friend or relative leaving over there?  If yes you should be concerned but if tv is the only source, you cant buy all of it 

Further more, you should show some respect!  The Don started this topic.  Your contribution to it is not required mandatory .  You being a jerk to him is not allowed here ! You can diss agree in a manner that doesnt make him the bad guy for feeling this