Onemanwolfpac

Intermittent fasting

31 posts in this topic

On 19/06/2020 at 10:23 AM, nistake said:

Been doing it for 3 months now. It's great, convenient, lost some weight. However, it doesn't grant me superpowers, incredible mental clarity and all that jazz.

You may have a better alternative with another diet. For me, o sleep better and i am More aesthetic. Weight loss a bit too. Forced cal deficit. 

On 19/06/2020 at 4:12 PM, Michael569 said:

@Username if something has known side effects, and Metformin has a LOT, why would you decide to eat that in the first place. Drugs.com list nearly 300 potential interactions including other drugs, foods and supplements. Metformin basically blocks natural processes that are designed to produce energy in the cell. Most diabetics end up with neuropathy and severe atherosclerosis at some point which suggests that these interventions fail in the long term. 

With so much pseudoscience and nonsense in the world of nutrition, more and more people are afraid of food and try to cram they're eating windows to as little slots as possible. So rather we are reaching out for toxic drugs and supplements. 

But hey, to each what makes them more happy, we just need to stop listening to people who clearly have an agenda. No pharma company will profit from people eating vegetables. 

I read estrogenation. I have avoided EVERYTHING LOLOLOL. I need holistic sunscreen. I use soap works. I have routine deodorant. I have a iron vegan protein powder. The fast is banging. 

4 hours ago, XYZ said:

Yep, I just choose a time when I will first eat, and 8 hours later when I will not eat afterwards, fast the other 16 hours and stick to it every day (allowing for one day a week when I have an online event that runs later and I can't eat during). Seems absurdly simple but powerful, it's a new habit for me, but quality of life noticeably improved already, and the discipline is starting to carry over into other areas of life.

Me too. I starter to fast for spiritual practice. Its been superb. Ironically enough, I didn't chase summer aesthetics. I am reading Path to God by Ram Dass. The fast was spiritual and aesthetics were a by product. :)

On 19/06/2020 at 5:18 PM, Michael569 said:

Agree, lots of good stuff out there. And some new supplements are absolutely amazing and work beautifully but nothing should be used forever. You take a supplement to like quercetin or curcumin to correct something and then carry on with eating normal food. Everything that is to be used indefinitely (with the exception of rare genetic conditions or mutations) is selling people short 

Have you did 23 and me? I saw a podcast on taking the test and transcribed the context. It essentially breaks down the genetic code and the missing code in your genome, what you can do? You may respond to hypertrophy, strength training or PRs. You can do it all. I want to do it. 

On 19/06/2020 at 5:01 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Michael569 Facts as per usual. 

Many supplements are very beneficial, but always follow the $$$ and look at the agenda behind them, is it coming from a place of personal success and sharing that, a genuine desire to help people, or is it simply to sell something. 

Im not saying there’s anything wrong with selling something and making money in this field, I’m just saying is this the only aim and are they skewing research etc to do this. 

YouTube PTW. 

Watch the one on the transcript of 23 and me. The doctors you can have provide you with the best course of action for your genetics. The genetic code is responding to your diet and training. You will know how to handle the best course forward. 

I am going to start eventually. I could have did intermittent fasting sooner if i had known. I agree with you on money and supplements but day, you have a transcript of your genetic code and the information you need to upgrade? 

For example, the lad had a liver that was failing to breakdown faux or exo estrogenics. He is on TRT not surprisingly. Imagine knowing say a decade or 2 about the flow state of your mind and body? 

Fascinating. 

10 hours ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Have you did 23 and me? I saw a podcast on taking the test and transcribed the context. It essentially breaks down the genetic code and the missing code in your genome, what you can do? You may respond to hypertrophy, strength training or PRs. You can do it all. I want to do it. 

Not 23 and me but I did another genetic testing. There are few problems with the overreliance of genomic testing. 

Firstly, this does not account for your entire genome, we don't know what majority of our genes do nor have we identified all the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP). We are just playing roulette with the few we know. A lot of this stuff has been left behind by academic research a decade ago because it is not reliable and it is not complete. You may have a genetic snip, say C677T on MTHFR gene which would predispose you for increased blood pressure because your homocysteine may build up faster if your B12 and folate are low. But if your lifestyle is normal and you are not eating like a crazy person this will never become an issue. Now could this become an issue if you are a terrible vegan eating junk food? Yes, absolutely but mostly people will never notice any difference. 

2. What I am seeing is that genetic tests are being used as a crutch to have an excuse for poor dietary choices and lifestyle such as "genetic obesity or genetic diabetes". 

So relying on gene pool to be a sole predetermined factor for our lives are kinda like insisting that 5 year olds have a vision and purpose for their life. 

That being said if you know you are a carrier of a bad gene for example APOE4 mutation and that your risk of ALzheimer's is increased 11-fold because of that you can do a lot to make sure it never happens but people end up with Alzheimer's even without this due to poor lifestyle choices so it is only a part of the story. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm very skeptical about intermittent fasting.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

one day this will all be memories

There is a lot of evidence. Just don't be lazy.

On 04/07/2020 at 10:44 AM, Michael569 said:

Not 23 and me but I did another genetic testing. There are few problems with the overreliance of genomic testing. 

Firstly, this does not account for your entire genome, we don't know what majority of our genes do nor have we identified all the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP). We are just playing roulette with the few we know. A lot of this stuff has been left behind by academic research a decade ago because it is not reliable and it is not complete. You may have a genetic snip, say C677T on MTHFR gene which would predispose you for increased blood pressure because your homocysteine may build up faster if your B12 and folate are low. But if your lifestyle is normal and you are not eating like a crazy person this will never become an issue. Now could this become an issue if you are a terrible vegan eating junk food? Yes, absolutely but mostly people will never notice any difference. 

2. What I am seeing is that genetic tests are being used as a crutch to have an excuse for poor dietary choices and lifestyle such as "genetic obesity or genetic diabetes". 

So relying on gene pool to be a sole predetermined factor for our lives are kinda like insisting that 5 year olds have a vision and purpose for their life. 

That being said if you know you are a carrier of a bad gene for example APOE4 mutation and that your risk of ALzheimer's is increased 11-fold because of that you can do a lot to make sure it never happens but people end up with Alzheimer's even without this due to poor lifestyle choices so it is only a part of the story. 

1. I am sure, in the future, the tests will be better. I would have known sooner, my body responds to fasting and volume training. I am curious about what I can do to level up. 

Not to e boast but, I look like goku coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber. I went full super sayain mode. Feels good man. 

2. I agree but people are lazy slobs. 6pack abs secrets. How to ABC FAST. 

The fitness industry sickens me. Its not fit nor healthy. I enjoyed the doc bigger faster stronger. All bros are or were on gear and none looked good. I met several ifbb pro body builders. Many youtube fitness channels. The amount of drugs is insane. 

I am really switched on about a ascetic holistic lifestyle of fitness and health. The reality is that its a lot of work. Look good. Feel good. Its not hurt my Dating and sex life during pandemic. That's for sure. 

I guess, I would like to know my strength and weakness. I think I can level up with the info. 

19 hours ago, kag101 said:

I'm very skeptical about intermittent fasting.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Lmfao did you ask for a pic lololol 

19 hours ago, Username said:

There is a lot of evidence. Just don't be lazy.

100x

I cannot speak for everyone but I'm living proof. I highly recommend it. I don't feel like I'm a ton lighter. Just less body fat. More abs, definition, and striations. The feathers...! 

4 hours ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Lmfao did you ask for a pic lololol 

Nah.

I'm just saying that any type of practice that promises "amazing super-human results" are usually fishy. For example, NoFap...

one day this will all be memories

What you can achieve is no food cravings, better mental clarity and lower chance of cancer. There isn't any method that promises anything, it's just people :P

What are your thoughts on adrenal function during IF? Maybe there could be problems with blood sugar levels changing too much or adrenal glands getting stressed because of constantly having balancing blood sugar.

Just be careful with intermittent fasting. I have found through experience it is easy to overdo if you are in an already stressed state, it can also interfere with sleep. But I do also find it works wonders... So moderation imo!

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi