Annoynymous

The case of George Floyd: Is something like that a common phenomenon in America?

49 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

it's just the nature of the beast.

When you say this are you speaking of human nature? 

59 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

There is a large crowd amassing outside the white house. I really think there is a possibility that there could be a grass roots coup attempt. No way could the military fire on them if this occurs and not have a complete revolution break out. This is getting very real. 

I don't see that happening but you never know.  You need a few thousand people to not care if they are shot to assemble in front of the white house.  99% of the people who are out there know the boundaries and aren't willing to die.

@rlc Homie, it's just that... your criticism of green has the same vibe as a devout catholic in the 1700s criticizing  Voltaire.

You're gonna get so stuck criticizing and finger pointing green that you won't be able to grow through the stage and learn the lessons from it so you can get to yellow. 

Anyway, the whole point is that police need to be held accountable when they abuse their power and that they need to be trained better. That is all. 

3 hours ago, rlc said:

Being a cop in NY has been getting scarier and scarier the last 10 years with everyone recording shit with phones to catch every little mistake to sue them.

If that's true, then it would be a good idea to not stand on a guy's neck for 8 minutes.

You'd think the cop would not do that simply out of a selfish motive not to get filmed and it making him look bad.

Fastest way to get sued is to stand on a guy's neck.

2 hours ago, Romer02 said:

When you say this are you speaking of human nature? 

No, I'm saying that's the nature of policing. It's hard to strike the delicate balance between under-policing and over-policing. People get upset in both cases.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok, but why the police arested CNN crew and shot at a WAVE TV reporter? Cannot see the justification! 

4 minutes ago, Alex bAlex said:

Ok, but why the police arested CNN crew and shot at a WAVE TV reporter? Cannot see the justification! 

Again, policing is hard.

It's funny how people don't get that.

5 hours ago, rlc said:
  1. 4 hours ago, rlc said:

@louhad

5 hours ago, rlc said:

It has nothing to do with being black. Being a cop in NY has been getting scarier and scarier the last 10 years with everyone recording shit with phones to catch every little mistake to sue them. Obviously you have to rough a guy up sometimes, there’s adrenaline everything, you don’t know what he has on him. But being a cop is horrible now compared to the 90s you can’t stop and frisk anymore in NY and shit like that cause it got super liberal . So like if you think it’s obvious someone is a perp into shit and has a gun on them right in front of you, you can’t do shit. Being a cop is becoming one of the shittiest jobs. It’s a total shit show. Now more innocent young kids trying to make it are just gonna keep getting shot at for no reason while sitting in their cop cars doing their job . 

My cops say once the cuffs are on that’s it no more roughness, this cop clearly fucked up. The problem is people don’t understand one shitty cop doesn’t make all police bad. America is ungrateful and disgusting and they always will be until they evolve, we need better role models and leaders. People look up to scumbags or they parrot everything without thinking for themselves but that’s expected. Shittiest values I’ve ever seen are in this country. 

the democrats are ruining New York. It’s really bad. It shows the main problem with green. I’m all for equality and all that bullshit but the minority privileges around here are literally insane!!!! Taking advantage to the max. The NYPD literally has the “100 blacks” or something of just black people that get hired. 

it’s all about the money, and the dems sitting in office only focusing on impeaching trump for his whole term instead of doing anything else. They’re fucking horrible, and I’m not either side. They want all these riots deep down. I get it Trump is Fucking idiot on the mic, but let’s work together that’s what you guys want anyway so it’s like wtf? 

just watch Live PD also, it shows you the beatings on camera if you look close enough. But what the fuck are you doing running away then? You’re putting everyone’s life in danger. 

it’s going to take true artists to change this I think, but everyday they are more and more rare because of all the opportunities and distractions these days. But I think it’ll take a true leader who’s an artist to fix all this, cause covid was a huge scare and people are just back to this bullshit. 

it’s not true blacks are targeted more, There’s more ghettos full of black people and if you watch live pd they are the ones running away most of the time. When a White guy fucks around he gets his ass kicked too. They’re lucky it’s not the 90s, and in the 90s it was way more in control. 

they need to help the poor black communities but everyone just stays away because it’s “a bad area” . I know lots of the best cops in Ny and they are black/white/Latino, they all love eachother . A mutts a mutt, white trash is white trash.

Fuck i cant use this shit

2. If you are scared of a camera imagine how would you feel if a gang of cops stops you and you know they can do anything to you and not face any consequences what if they had a bad day or were abused as a children and now they enjoy hurting others and are looking for any little thing they can find. Obviously not all cops are like that but people live in constant fear of that. Stop and frisk was proven ineffective and it was used to target blacks. That guy had 18 complaints filed against him and nothing happened so obviously cops arent being sued for every little thing. The only reasons dems run the nyc is because republicans were ineffective. Ofcourse minorities will have little too much rights after decades of too little this is hard to balance. Please start doing martial arts it seems you have a lot of pent up aggression. You will feel better if you channel it into training instead of people on the street. 

4 hours ago, rlc said:

@louhad

@Leo Gura Damnit Leo, I try to understand your POV and also I am putting myself in the shoes of police here, but when you arrest without giving a reason a whole crew streaming live and shot a reporter streaming live it makes no sense. Mass media supposed to be the Fourth Estate or the Fourth power in a democratic state. Or is not a democracy anymore but the rule of ... Whoever... 

I should focus on personal growth instead of watching news ? 

42 minutes ago, Alex bAlex said:

it makes no sense

It is not the police's job to explain themselves to viewers at home. There may be things going on which you aren't privy to through a TV screen and which cannot be easily explained to you.

@Leo Gura Do you think that this is a case of over-policing or racism? and why 8 minutes on his neck, I cannot get it, it must be coming from pure hate and anger, maybe unhealthy reaction to stage red?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Leo Gura @Leo GuraThank you Leo. I got it now!!!

I shifted my perspective and I've been shocked - first- because of how easy I felt into the mass media trap and -second- if what I am imagining is possible to go behind the scenes is true, damnit, it's .... It's devilry ?

Cheers! 

Will Goerge Floyd's case become like the one of Mohamed Bouazizi, who set himself on fire, igniting the Arab Spring? What you think?

@blowfish i think it is too early to reach toward such conclusion.... We just have to wait and see how events unfold.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, policing is hard.

It's funny how people don't get that.

I also find this very curious. Here in Brazil we have trully barbaric cops BUT, at the same time, we also have barbaric criminals, i mean, the type that would rip your head off with a machete if they want to. This means the cops HAVE to be tougher than the forces they are fighting against. People just don't realize this, cops are just humans, they are afraid, they are ignorant, they are underpaid and they are fighting a literal war every day, this fucks people up. I know a lot of cops who just went nuts, developed psychosis, committed suicide etc. 

It's the nature of the job, people are just oblivious to this, all they see are "bad guys".

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Will Goerge Floyd's case become like the one of Mohamed Bouazizi, who set himself on fire, igniting the Arab Spring? What you think?

Nah. The Arab Spring was run by western agendas for the most part. America is not Arabs. It's rather the mastermind that was behind the Arab Spring. And certainly, America knows better how to contain these things.

13 minutes ago, The observer said:

Nah. The Arab Spring was run by western agendas for the most part. America is not Arabs. It's rather the mastermind that was behind the Arab Spring. And certainly, America knows better how to contain these things.

Of course different parties tried to use Arab Spring to their advantage, but it definitely wasn't started by them. You greatly overestimating US. This general idea that some party controls everything and is behind everything that is happening in the world is only partially true. Reducing a system to a few elements, which admittedly have the most power, but not the only, doesn't explain the whole picture.

The point was that both cases are similar. In both cases there was/is major flaws in the system, in each region. Both cases touch people and open their eyes even more, which leads to action. Whether it will be contained isn't clear yet. I'd say, as of now it has 10-20% chance to lead to even larger civil unrest. Depends on how the incompetent mastermind government handles it. ;)

3 hours ago, rlc said:

No no, that cop is a complete moron. I meant cops in general. It is true I talk to them all the time, the newer breed is becoming more and more afraid to enforce. If you go slightly too far you are fucked and your job is gone. You know what I mean? How do you fix this? Like you said policing is very hard. It’s getting a lot harder.

@Opo

lol stop and frisk being proved ineffective cause one guy gets filed 18 times? There’s nothing to be filed. You shouldn’t be worried about stop and frisk if you’ve got nothing to hide. 

you’re telling me to do martial arts as an answer to this? I already got jumped two years ago for no reason and almost died. (Would be dead if an off duty cop didn’t break it up :)) I already faced my fears over and over by going to the same spot super late at night alone. Quite stupid but I don’t see how I have pent up aggression to people on the street. When whites are purposely the last people to get hired for tons of jobs around here even though they’re way more suit for the job, it’s a joke. These people need free education not taking jobs left and right and then being terrible at the job. Has nothing to do with how I view the street. I love everyone from the lower to upper class, I’d love to help them. All I’m saying is you are taking one minority by giving it privileges and making a new minority with who doesn’t have that 

@Opo

Sorry for not being clear enough.

This is about stop and frisk. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City 

This is about a guy who killed floyd

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html

I just think that cops do stupid shit because they are insecure and afraid and that martial arts could help them get confident so they dont feel the need to prove it on regular people. 

@blowfish I live in one of those Arab countries. I've lived throughout the entire "Spring". We didn't have problems with the government, at least most of us. We were living happily and in harmony with the government. We were always busy surviving and living a very decent life which now has turned miserable. First thing you need to know about the protests here is that they have never been genuine. A lot of propaganda happened. At first, because no one was protesting, the masterminds were using insidious tactics to retaliate things. For example, normally each Friday, there's a Muslim prayer that must be held in mosques. When people get out of the mosques, they get out all together. 95% Normal civilians, and 5% protesters using the crowd to create an illusion of abundance so that they could publish it online as evidence of genuine protests. They would use many, many tricks to create an illusion of abundance. Even sometimes they would use government-supporting movements (which were much abundant than those against it at first) and edit the videos so that they could make them appear to be against the government, to gain outer support and create inner disturbance. They would commit genocide and accuse the government of committing them, and the government would do the same thing (notice I'm not biased towards the government. The government is corrupt, but the protesters had never been any better). That's not to mention the money that they did offer us to join them. And whoever didn't join was threatened. My family was threatened. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I have enough evidence to believe that it's not simply a game of making use of the situation, but rather forcing the situation into existence with all sorts of malicious evil ways. It's a dirty, dirty business.

Edited by The observer

8 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Do you think that this is a case of over-policing or racism? and why 8 minutes on his neck, I cannot get it, it must be coming from pure hate and anger, maybe unhealthy reaction to stage red?

I think there is systemic racism and that police need much better training specifically to make them more compassionate and less trigger happy.

I also think that police who use excessive force should be tried more in court and convicted more. That would make them more careful. Right now it is too easy to use excessive force and backwards-rationalize it as "I felt threatened so it was okay."