Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superfluo

Mastering Money: Practical Resources

10 posts in this topic

I've just finished watching Leo's video "Money Psychology - The Inner Game of Mastering Money".

He talks about mastering the domain of money, gives a healthy set of mindsets and ways to manage money and he outlines some traps and dysfunctional behaviours.

Then he says that if you want to master this domain seriously you have to read books, go to seminars, do courses, ecc. basically finding the right resources.

I got the psychological aspect of money and I'd like to know what are these resources. I'd like something practical. I've already read the first book in the Money section of the booklist.

Thank you.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Hey I think the main thing is to figure out where you are stuck on this as an individual and go from there.  Ti's a big topic and there are a lot of different areas people get stuck.

That being said, some classic resources are:

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (the book that started it all)

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Books by T Harv Eker

Brian Tracy 

@Jude_ I've already read Think And Grow Rich and Rich Dad Poor Dad too, but thanks as well.:D

I'll try the other ones.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

The two books you read are good and should give you enough information if you read them carefully.

Where are you at right now? What are you looking for exactly?

Hey I also think a lot of the time the real trouble is people don't have a viable business plan or they are lacking some specific skill.

Just like any complex topic, everyone has their own challenges so there's no one size fits all solution. 

I do think that in the entrepreneurial self-help world there's a lot of bullshit telling you it's just a mindset issue, where I a viable business plan and the skills to carry it out are actually more important than mindset. 

@universe

On 30/5/2020 at 3:37 AM, universe said:

Where are you at right now? What are you looking for exactly?

I'm studying, and I don't have any income stream yet, but I have some money my parents gave me. I just wanted to know the resources that could teach me what I need to manage money the best way possible. I'm learning about investing, I also read Money: Master The Game by Tony Robbins and The Rich Man Of Babylon by George Clason, so maybe all these books I read are enough, but I don't know. The way Leo talked about money and mastering it made me think there is a whole world I just scratched the surface of.

@Jude_

On 31/5/2020 at 0:40 AM, Jude_ said:

I do think that in the entrepreneurial self-help world there's a lot of bullshit telling you it's just a mindset issue, where I a viable business plan and the skills to carry it out are actually more important than mindset. 

I didn't mean business resource only, but yeah, I 'd like to learn that practical knowledge of managing money which I think business people (for example) have.

Thank you both!

28 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

@universe

I'm studying, and I don't have any income stream yet, but I have some money my parents gave me. I just wanted to know the resources that could teach me what I need to manage money the best way possible. I'm learning about investing, I also read Money: Master The Game by Tony Robbins and The Rich Man Of Babylon by George Clason, so maybe all these books I read are enough, but I don't know. The way Leo talked about money and mastering it made me think there is a whole world I just scratched the surface of.

@Jude_

I didn't mean business resource only, but yeah, I 'd like to learn that practical knowledge of managing money which I think business people (for example) have.

Thank you both!

Yeah I think the important thing is big picture, what do you want out of life?  And invest in what will get you there.  For me the best investments have been training courses and learning skills that have made be better at the work I do, and therefore furthered my career.  Also I've lost money on investments in the past, but if you invest in yourself you will never lose that.

This is just personal, but I think your goals around money should be tied into the rest of your goals in life.  You may be young and not know exactly what you want to do, so taking time to figure that out and try different things may be a good investment.  Think about money as energy, and time as energy... these are all resources to figure out how to manage to create the lifestyle that really resonates with who you are on a deep level.

@Jude_

Agree. I'm thinking about learning transferable skills like marketing or public speaking while exploring my passions, because I don't really have a direction in my life and I want to remain open to various possibilities.

You will be suffering the same way you are suffering now even with 1 billion dollars. Stop wasting your time on delusions. Find that which is unchanging. What never came and will never go. Discover what you truly are. I recommend watching Moojiji. What you are is priceless, you don't need any money.