Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Open minded or closed minded?

6 posts in this topic

I know a guy who is very paradoxical. On the one hand, he does a lot of research in life. He came across spirituality and studied it. But then, he turns around and starts to debunk all of it. All he’s interested in is his religion. He denies everything else.

I first thought that he’s closed minded. But, do closed minded people actively research alternative perspectives. He’s very interested in ‘finding out’ new things, only to deny them when he learns about it.

Is he open or closed minded?

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

He’s very interested in ‘finding out’ new things, only to deny them when he learns about it.

Isn't  this called deconstruction of ideas.

I guess we could be open-minded that he might be neither open-minded nor closed-minded?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It's a close minded ego. The mind is already concluded regardless of what it finds after the inspection. The "curiosity" is just a mask to make it feel good and "open".

An open minded person has the capacity for change, while a close minded person doesn't. At least not for the moment.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I guess we could be open-minded that he might be neither open-minded nor closed-minded?

Woah...we don't do that here

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''