Jude_

Thoughts on the Path and Recent Videos - An Open Letter to Leo

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wordsforliving said:

@Leo Gura Readiness to sacrifice life for it -- would sacrifice include giving up all hopes, dreams, desires for relationships, desires for anything while in this temporary body?  How does one actualize readiness and know the sacrifices are actually being made? 

Surrender your life to serve God.

The sacrifice is TOTAL. Nothing will remain.

Should one day you make this Ultimate Sacrifice, your reward will be Infinite Love Forever.

It's one hell of a deal. Your ego for Heaven.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jude_  A very cool and wise post.  Your occupation seems to be an extremely interesting one.  A few other members and myself are pursuing life purposes similar to this.  I am quite curious about several things.

How much of a part does having your own existential understanding, through psychedelics and spirituality, play in your job?

Is there any psychedelic involvement (functioning as a guide for psychedelic usage / integrative assistance / something similar)?

Are you at all restricted by Counselling / Psychotherapy regulatory authorities in which approaches you take with clients?  

What might you regard as pillars of mastery in your occupation?

What do you regard as your personal impact statement and zone of genius?  That is, if you've come across these terms.

Thanks dude.

@Amandine No need to be ashamed of being wrong in the past honestly.

I relate to what you said a lot. I also tend to feel the same as your deleted post toward Leo until I watch some of his recent videos. His messages on the forum makes me feel like he's playing a caricature of himself but then watching his video I realize that I'm the dumbass and I was just projecting.

Edited by 4201

17 hours ago, Skin-encapsulatedego said:

How much of a part does having your own existential understanding, through psychedelics and spirituality, play in your job?

It depends on the client, and on the session.  Sometimes it plays no role at all, other times it comes into play.  I have all sorts of clients that I've got through different avenues, so it's hard to generalize.  I will say though some clients it's been totally essential.

Is there any psychedelic involvement (functioning as a guide for psychedelic usage / integrative assistance / something similar)?

It's not yet legal where I am so I'm not taking this risk.  I have done some integration work with clients.  I've also done breathwork sessions (holotropic/primal style) which have been pretty psychedelic.  Even some "normal" sessions have turned psychedelic when doing guided depth practices for clients.  Again this really depends on the clients...

Are you at all restricted by Counselling / Psychotherapy regulatory authorities in which approaches you take with clients?  

Where I am psychotherapy is a newly regulated profession, and if I went that route I would have limitations.  That being said, the limitations aren't really enforced unless you're operating irresponsibly. 

Also they don't allow you to mix practices, like if you do bodywork or tarot, you couldn't do with the same clients. (I don't do these things anyways)

I've decided to be a counsellor which is unregulated (in my region, it varies region to region).

What might you regard as pillars of mastery in your occupation?

This is a big question.  There are so many styles of therapy that are effective, or effective for certain people.  I am very well rounded, where I have an idea on how to work with most things that come up, as people are complex and rarely come with one issue, and also in training we don't get to choose our clients, we just work with who is assigned to us through the student clinic, so we need to learn how to work with that.

For me I can think of a few pillars that inform my practice and I think are foundational:

Humanistic - essentially seeing the good in people, being compassionate, forming a genuine connection, making them feel save to open up and be vulnerable.

Psychodynamic/Depth/Archetypal - Understanding the broader forces what are working through an individual and the collective.  Taking people into the psyche, into the feelings, confronting and integrating shadow parts.  Exploring and integrating all the parts of psyche, incomplete past events, etc..

Existential - What is meaningful? Growth, discovery and transcendence of identity and values.  Purpose.

Somatic - Understanding trauma, dissociation, embodiment...

Mindfulness - deepening experience of clarity and equanimity.

Relational - Exploring relationships, healthy boundaries, communication, vulnerability, emotional needs

What do you regard as your personal impact statement and zone of genius?  That is, if you've come across these terms.

No I'm not familiar with the terms but I'll take a stab at it.

Personal impact statement is to be what the client needs.  Not to put my agenda onto them, but to attune to their needs, to support them in them figuring out what's best for them.  Some clients I push and challenge, some I don't.  I'm always attuning to what's in their best interest and not assuming I know.  What's in most people's best interest is them being empowered in their own life, and not relying on others for direction (though also being able to receive support and guidance when appropriate). 

I really don't like therapists or spiritual teachers that foster dependence on them.  My goal is to get each of my clients to the point that they don't need me anymore.

I guess that's my impact statement: empower clients to walk their own path.

I think my zone of genius is pretty dynamic.  Part of it is being able to meet people where they are at.  Part of it is being able to see the big picture, to reflect that to others, to bring more clarity and insight.  I think I am still discovering my zone of genius, but I actually think it's more in teaching than it is in therapy.  I love doing workshops and teaching small groups.  Love group facilitation in general.  Still more to discover though.  

On 6/2/2020 at 0:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

Surrender your life to serve God.

The sacrifice is TOTAL. Nothing will remain.

Should one day you make this Ultimate Sacrifice, your reward will be Infinite Love Forever.

It's one hell of a deal. Your ego for Heaven.

Sounds like a good deal for me?

Does this “choice” will happen by itself or one must have strong intention?

5 hours ago, Jude_ said:

It depends on the client, and on the session.  Sometimes it plays no role at all, other times it comes into play.  I have all sorts of clients that I've got through different avenues, so it's hard to generalize.  I will say though some clients it's been totally essential.

It's not yet legal where I am so I'm not taking this risk.  I have done some integration work with clients.  I've also done breathwork sessions (holotropic/primal style) which have been pretty psychedelic.  Even some "normal" sessions have turned psychedelic when doing guided depth practices for clients.  Again this really depends on the clients...

Where I am psychotherapy is a newly regulated profession, and if I went that route I would have limitations.  That being said, the limitations aren't really enforced unless you're operating irresponsibly. 

Also they don't allow you to mix practices, like if you do bodywork or tarot, you couldn't do with the same clients. (I don't do these things anyways)

I've decided to be a counsellor which is unregulated (in my region, it varies region to region).

This is a big question.  There are so many styles of therapy that are effective, or effective for certain people.  I am very well rounded, where I have an idea on how to work with most things that come up, as people are complex and rarely come with one issue, and also in training we don't get to choose our clients, we just work with who is assigned to us through the student clinic, so we need to learn how to work with that.

For me I can think of a few pillars that inform my practice and I think are foundational:

Humanistic - essentially seeing the good in people, being compassionate, forming a genuine connection, making them feel save to open up and be vulnerable.

Psychodynamic/Depth/Archetypal - Understanding the broader forces what are working through an individual and the collective.  Taking people into the psyche, into the feelings, confronting and integrating shadow parts.  Exploring and integrating all the parts of psyche, incomplete past events, etc..

Existential - What is meaningful? Growth, discovery and transcendence of identity and values.  Purpose.

Somatic - Understanding trauma, dissociation, embodiment...

Mindfulness - deepening experience of clarity and equanimity.

Relational - Exploring relationships, healthy boundaries, communication, vulnerability, emotional needs

No I'm not familiar with the terms but I'll take a stab at it.

Personal impact statement is to be what the client needs.  Not to put my agenda onto them, but to attune to their needs, to support them in them figuring out what's best for them.  Some clients I push and challenge, some I don't.  I'm always attuning to what's in their best interest and not assuming I know.  What's in most people's best interest is them being empowered in their own life, and not relying on others for direction (though also being able to receive support and guidance when appropriate). 

I really don't like therapists or spiritual teachers that foster dependence on them.  My goal is to get each of my clients to the point that they don't need me anymore.

I guess that's my impact statement: empower clients to walk their own path.

I think my zone of genius is pretty dynamic.  Part of it is being able to meet people where they are at.  Part of it is being able to see the big picture, to reflect that to others, to bring more clarity and insight.  I think I am still discovering my zone of genius, but I actually think it's more in teaching than it is in therapy.  I love doing workshops and teaching small groups.  Love group facilitation in general.  Still more to discover though.  

@Jude_ Thanks.

I've started the new thread for follow-up, to make it its own thing.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:17 AM, Skin-encapsulatedego said:

What do you regard as your personal impact statement and zone of genius

@Skin-encapsulatedego Intrigued by the terms. Can you elaborate or where can I learn more about it? 

1 hour ago, wordsforliving said:

@Skin-encapsulatedego Intrigued by the terms. Can you elaborate or where can I learn more about it? 

In my own words; impact statement refers to the effect you wish your life purpose to have on the world.  Zone of genius refers to your specific, personal nice strength - also suitably described as   what you are uniquely good at, felt while in “flow”. 

They’re terms described by Leo in his LP course, which I would highly recommend.  

@Jude_ Thanks a lot for your answer on kundalini awakenings and transmissions.

So do you feel that there is no risk and only upside to something like reiki ? Does Reiki activate the kundalini in some ways ?