Raphael

Twitter Flags Trump’s Tweet as ‘Glorifying Violence’

15 posts in this topic

Twitter's representatives are aware of how dangerous Trump is. Any thoughts?

It takes a lot of courage to stand up to Red-level bullies. As well, it offers a different perspective to which will trigger an extremely visceral Red-level reaction, due to the loss of control.

My first thought is the source of the news video you posted is trash. Idk how we can ban conspiracy theories on this forum and simultaneously allow mainstream media.. if we are going to play that game, we should look into a no mainstream media rule as well (and define what MSM means, because it's everywhere). 

People here don't realize how manipulative MSM is. It makes you think and feel a certain way and there is a lot of engineering that goes on behind that. 

Don't you remember John Stewart and the montaugue's he did showing you how they all talk the same way and even read off the same scripts? 

Regarding this story.. it's an extremely dangerous thing what's happening with censorship with Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter. It was bad enough how much of our information was controlled before the Internet, now that too is near full control. 

Once you give away freedom, you never get it back. All these measures in the name of safety and security are sending us straight into the dystopian reality we've been warned about our whole lives. 

In the words of George Costanza: "It's all just slipping away.. and you're letting it happen!"

@DivineSoda I don’t think anyone particularly enjoys a rewash, perhaps unless there’s something that’s just not coming off. It’s gotta be personal enough given the circumstances 

fairness is a story too, but Idk if I could actually get dry after another shower 

Edited by DrewNows

Inciting violence against your own people while you ARE president is worth a ban imo, I mean he could have worded so many other ways but instead he came off as a total psychopath with that tweet. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@DivineSoda I would make a distinction between regulation and censorship - although there are lots of relativity and nuances.

In the context of social systems, I would also make distinctions between cognitive levels of regulation. The majority of human history has been spent in red/blue/orange levels. At these levels, there will be a lot of toxicity in terms of regulation. Yet at Green, the dynamics begin to change and at Yellow the dynamics are very different. Imo, it’s not so much about regulation itself, the more important factor is the average conscious level in which the regulation is occurring. If the U.S. was a Green-Yellow-Turqoise mix (rather than a red-blue-orange mix), the dynamics would be very different. . . One value of of ‘regulating from above’ is that it allows and pulls development up the spiral. 

About fucking time. It's definitely a tricky area, but in areas of blatant misuse of the platform like this (and his early fact-checked tweet about mail in ballots) I 100% support it. I hope Facebook follows suit.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

He is only hurting his presidency 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

He is only hurting his presidency 

He might be setting the stage for if he loses the election. . . 

1 hour ago, DivineSoda said:

Idk how we can ban conspiracy theories on this forum and simultaneously allow mainstream media.

Nice false equivalency.

That won't fly here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nice false equivalency.

That won't fly here.

Eh, wrong. He wasn't conveying a false equivalency. 

Both are nuanced issues and a highly complex, putting it into a rhetoric that you often propagate. Conspiracies happen. Its a fact. Your loaded use of the term "conspiracy theories" is a clear flaw in your ideology especially when you pretend like we live in a world where there haven't been many declassified government conspiracies in the past and the mainstream media does not lie, misrepresent, and bait for clicks because it is a dying industry. Obviously the inverse is also true, conspiracy theories out there are bogus and there is factual or at least semi decent reporting. Acknowledge your clear bias and you won't lose any more credibility with people who once thought you had a competent worldview. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

4 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

My first thought is the source of the news video you posted is trash. Idk how we can ban conspiracy theories on this forum and simultaneously allow mainstream media.. if we are going to play that game, we should look into a no mainstream media rule as well (and define what MSM means, because it's everywhere). 

could you articulate what exactly is being said by the MSM regarding this incident that isn't emotionally and historically relevant and true for many people? 

Edited by Lyubov

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Both are nuanced issues and a highly complex, putting it into a rhetoric that you often propagate. Conspiracies happen. Its a fact. Your loaded use of the term "conspiracy theories" is a clear flaw in your ideology especially when you pretend like we live in a world where there haven't been many declassified government conspiracies in the past and the mainstream media does not lie, misrepresent, and bait for clicks because it is a dying industry. Obviously the inverse is also true, conspiracy theories out there are bogus and there is factual or at least semi decent reporting. Acknowledge your clear bias and you won't lose any more credibility with people who once thought you had a competent worldview. 

4 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

Regarding this story.. it's an extremely dangerous thing what's happening with censorship with Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter. It was bad enough how much of our information was controlled before the Internet, now that too is near full control.

All you folks worrying about mainstream media censorship really should think about how sensitive snowflakes you are.

Conspiracies are still very prolific in the mainstream space but a small course of action done in a single instance of censorship and you lose your minds. Trump's tweet wasn't even removed, his account wasn't banned, it was just flagged but the resulting reaction from Trumpists, Libertarians, and Trump himself just goes to show how little desire you people have to play fair.

Alex Jones gets banned for spreading a dangerous conspiracy that led to innocent families of school-shooting victims getting harassed and suddenly there's an anti-conspiracy bias. Meanwhile right-wing conspiracies continue to gain traction and amass a significant amount of support, bringing many people into conservative ideologies, and somehow the right is being oppressed by left-wing censorship.

What Twitter did was bold but not even nearly enough to tackle blatant misinformation. Mark Zuckerberg, known child-molester, has come out and said that social media platforms should not be the "arbiter of truth". Oh did I mention that he's a pedophile? Yeah it's true , I'm totally not just making that up for satirical purposes. :)

Edited by Extreme Z7

@TrynaBeTurquoise The linked video was about an event. There was no bias in this particular video, it was simply showing something trump said on twitter.

No one here is going to be brainwashed by a 1 minute news story, relax. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

13 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

You remind me of a rebellious teenager who just loves to disagree. Focus on the greater jihad not the lesser.